Dude, wheres my hybrid?

twolostminds

Has anyone heard about more downtime at KCAP? My dealer inventory manager is now saying that all orders through year end are spoken for and the plant is basically producing already committed Hybrids.

I found this thread that mentions downtime on the SUV (Escape) lines, meaning that the overtime/3rd shift will be cut, but nothing else.

I work at KCAP on the truck side. The last week or so they have been building a crap load of hybrid yellow taxis. A big fleet order.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just incase this type of news is still of interest

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED!

2009 FEHL, All options, Black

Order date May 31st

Build date Oct 15th

Delivered to Dealer Oct 27th

Picking it up Oct 30th

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is still of interest! Congrats on your new ride! Why the wait from date of delivery to the dealer and date of pickup? My MMH is scheduled for delivery to the dealer on Monday (11/3). I'll be banging on his door Monday evening or Tuesday morning and prep it myself if I have to! Anyway, good luck with the new ride, and let us know what your thoughts are on it after you've had time to settle in with it.

I'm in the Twin Cities area, Minnesota. Not sure if that will be helpful. I couldn't figure out a pattern - whether it was by date or geography.

The folks behind you probably aren't too pleased :P .

Seriously, it's heartening to see I'm not the only one with a loooooooooong wait (ordered June 9th), and it gives me hope that mine, too will arrive someday.

Just out of curiosity, where are you located? Geography seems to play a part in the wait time.

I'm in the Twin Cities area, Minnesota. Not sure if that will be helpful. I couldn't figure out a pattern - whether it was by date or geography.

Well if geography is playing a factor it makes some sense with your order and mine as I ordered May 6 and received last week in central Wisconsin.

Yes, it is still of interest! Congrats on your new ride! Why the wait from date of delivery to the dealer and date of pickup? My MMH is scheduled for delivery to the dealer on Monday (11/3). I'll be banging on his door Monday evening or Tuesday morning and prep it myself if I have to! Anyway, good luck with the new ride, and let us know what your thoughts are on it after you've had time to settle in with it.

Thanks!!

I had to bite down on something hard on Monday because my job required me to work past the dealers hours until now. In fact I am pulling my daughter out of Soccer this afternoon and the salesman is making a special trip in on his day off, just to accomodate me.

My excitement is growing with each hour until I can leave work today!

Thanks!!

I had to bite down on something hard on Monday because my job required me to work past the dealers hours until now. In fact I am pulling my daughter out of Soccer this afternoon and the salesman is making a special trip in on his day off, just to accomodate me.

My excitement is growing with each hour until I can leave work today!

Were you able to pickup you FEH today? What are your first impression? Hope all went well.

My dealer notified me today that delivery (to the dealer) of my MMH has been delayed until Thursday, 11/6. Frustrating, but its only three more days.

Were you able to pickup you FEH today? What are your first impression? Hope all went well.

My dealer notified me today that delivery (to the dealer) of my MMH has been delayed until Thursday, 11/6. Frustrating, but its only three more days.

YES!! And it will be worth the wait!

I picked the vehicle up around 6PM, just in time to see it in the daylight. Mine is in Black and with the Chrome and the Limited Wheels it looks very "Classy". The interior is slightly darker than I thought and beautiful. The ebony black trim contrasts very well with it and the Nav display makes the interior much richer looking. Fit and finish are great. I was only able to put 4 miles on it before retiring it to my newly cleaned out garage and I did not want to take it to work on Halloween, so Saturday will be the discovery day.

My very brief impressions were overall very, very positive but the one issue I noticed is that the 4 cylinder is rather noisy. Let me premisis that with a comparison to my brothers new Camry hybrid and the fact that I (and my wife) are spoiled with an extremely quiet Explorer V8 and a not as quiet Mercury Cougar V8. My last 4 cylinder was a 79 Mustang Pace car turbo and I actually enjoyed the louder engine noise and high pitched whine of the turbo. (Oh no! Maybe I'm just getting old and will be turning down the volume on my home stereo and sitting away from the speakers at weddings soon.) It may be that the engine is new and not warmed up properly but it actually made my daughter and I jump when we were at a red light and the ICE kicked in. The getting started manual says that it will rev at higher RPM's until everything gets settled in and it could rev as high as 6,000 RPM's in some situations due to efficiency programing and the CVT.

My wife was totally opposed to giving up her (4th) Explorer for any other vehicle. She does only city traffic driving. She really likes the Escape and called it the "Minnie Me" of her Explorer. She wants to "borrow it" during weekends. Maybe a plug in is in her future. Now I need to find some seat covers and floor mats before I let my wife take it to the Soccor field. Any suggestions on what fits the 09 would be appreciated.

PS: A co-worker heard me talking about it and said that his friend is an electrical contractor in NY and bought 2 used and 2 new. He loves all of them as a comfortable, efficient working fleet. (Also, Mossy Ford emailed me to thank me for spreading his info about the 20 hybrids in stock.)

Can't wait until Sat. comes.

Edited by ohdelco

YES!! And it will be worth the wait!

I picked the vehicle up around 6PM, just in time to see it in the daylight. Mine is in Black and with the Chrome and the Limited Wheels it looks very "Classy". The interior is slightly darker than I thought and beautiful. The ebony black trim contrasts very well with it and the Nav display makes the interior much richer looking. Fit and finish are great. I was only able to put 4 miles on it before retiring it to my newly cleaned out garage and I did not want to take it to work on Halloween, so Saturday will be the discovery day.

My very brief impressions were overall very, very positive but the one issue I noticed is that the 4 cylinder is rather noisy. Let me premisis that with a comparison to my brothers new Camry hybrid and the fact that I (and my wife) are spoiled with an extremely quiet Explorer V8 and a not as quiet Mercury Cougar V8. My last 4 cylinder was a 79 Mustang Pace car turbo and I actually enjoyed the louder engine noise and high pitched whine of the turbo. (Oh no! Maybe I'm just getting old and will be turning down the volume on my home stereo and sitting away from the speakers at weddings soon.) It may be that the engine is new and not warmed up properly but it actually made my daughter and I jump when we were at a red light and the ICE kicked in. The getting started manual says that it will rev at higher RPM's until everything gets settled in and it could rev as high as 6,000 RPM's in some situations due to efficiency programing and the CVT.

My wife was totally opposed to giving up her (4th) Explorer for any other vehicle. She does only city traffic driving. She really likes the Escape and called it the "Minnie Me" of her Explorer. She wants to "borrow it" during weekends. Maybe a plug in is in her future. Now I need to find some seat covers and floor mats before I let my wife take it to the Soccor field. Any suggestions on what fits the 09 would be appreciated.

PS: A co-worker heard me talking about it and said that his friend is an electrical contractor in NY and bought 2 used and 2 new. He loves all of them as a comfortable, efficient working fleet. (Also, Mossy Ford emailed me to thank me for spreading his info about the 20 hybrids in stock.)

Can't wait until Sat. comes.

Congrats...you won't find much out there identified as '09 ready in terms of seat covers, floor mats, etc. But the '08 late model accessories will fit the '09 like a glove.

NYC has been using them for years. Every taxi is yellow as far as I know by law. They have worked out well. Delivery just in time foe gas to dip below $2.00 a gallon.

Sort of funny how much crap I get from people now that gas has dropped to around 2 bucks per gallon, my response is a simple one.

I doubled my mileage from my previous vehicle, so whether 2 or 4 bucks per gallon I'm feeling pretty good about the decision.

Sort of funny how much crap I get from people now that gas has dropped to around 2 bucks per gallon, my response is a simple one.

I doubled my mileage from my previous vehicle, so whether 2 or 4 bucks per gallon I'm feeling pretty good about the decision.

I hear you on the price of gasoline. The attached PDF shows what's been happening to gas at the local Costco where I live in the Virginia suburbs of DC. You have to go back to late 2006 to early 2007 to see prices as low as they are now. What's striking is how fast it has dropped since the beginning of October. Normally, it goes up a lot faster than it comes down (if it ever does). This time, it's like it fell off a cliff.

We can all take solace in knowing we drive a fine American vehicle made by fine Americans.

Gasoline_Price_History.pdf

Edited by fmorriso

My MMH is here! Yesterday afternoon my dealer called to inform me that the scheduled delivery of my MMH (to the dealer) had been delayed from 11/3/08 to 11/06/08. Bummer, but not a big deal...only three more days. So this morning I'm sitting in my office working on my second cup of coffee and the phone rings. Its the dealer, and he informs me that my MMH was delivered earlier in the AM! I had an afternoon appointment two counties away and was not able to get back to town in time to pick it up. So...tomorrow is the day! My biggest concern at the moment is that it is suppose to rain tomorrow and I won't be able to drive home with the moonroof open...

Our Limited was (supposedly) built on the 20th. A friend at Ford said it was sitting on the dock waiting for shipment. At the time of build, their "to dealer" date was 11/3-11/10. Now that it's built and (supposedly again) shipped, the "to dealer" date is now a week later. Poop.

bj

Picked up my 09' FEH on Saturday! I got the Black Pearl Slate color and let me tell you, it looks awesome in the light because of the metallic flakes in the paint. Overall I am extremely happy with the vehicle, but as you've all heard multiple times before the engine is noisy. However, it's something I can get used to and it's really not a big deal at all if you have the music on. I got the stone cloth interior and it looks great with the dual colors (stone and tan). I'm extremely impressed by the Sync system, but I'm still trying to figure out how to turn the system volume down so that when I press the voice button the system personality prompting me for commands isn't friggin loud as heck. I ended up ordering the black Escape All-Weather floor mats and cargo liner. The cargo liner fits well and the mats are nice and thick but could cover a bit more floor area for runoff like Weather-Tech liners do. They do the job though and really look nice with the Escape logo on them. So far I've driven the vehicle about 105 miles and have gotten the mileage up to 30.4 mpg, mostly city driving. This is constantly going up as it started at 15mpg when I drove it off the lot with 14 total miles on it.

Picked up my MMH yesterday from the dealer!! The paperwork process at the dealer went very smoothly. No games, no hiccups, no problems. They honored the price agreement we made in August with no price increase and they even alerted me to a sale tax reduction that occurred in October (a local municipal sale tax "add-on" that expired). It saved me about $200. If you are looking for a new Ford or Mercury vehicle in the San Joaquin Valley of central California, checkout Madera Ford Mercury. Good people to deal with.

I love the MMH! AWD, Moonroof, Nav System, leather package, Metalic Silver. Drove off the lot with 13 miles on the odometer and put a whole 22 miles on it to get home. A number of poster have commented about the loud ICE on their '09 MMHs and FEHs. I didn't get that impression on my MMH (but I've only driven it 22 miles). My first impression is that it is a fun car to drive. Handles well, good ride, easy to maneuver and park in tight places. Unfortunately, I was unable to drive home with the moonroof open due to rain. The only thing that took me by surprise was monitoring traffic directly behind me in the rear view mirrors. Cars appear to be much closer than I am use to or comfortable with. I'm use to driving a large pickup, and I'm thinking that the lower angle of the mirrors on the MMH make traffic appear closer...

I'm going through the Nav system manual and have come up with my first question. I number of posters have mentioned a tank MPG average display on their Navigation unit. Are they referring to the "AVE Econ" mpg number in the upper left corner of the HEV display or is there fuel usage data somewhere else in the Nav? Feedback would be appreciated.

I'm going through the Nav system manual and have come up with my first question. I number of posters have mentioned a tank MPG average display on their Navigation unit. Are they referring to the "AVE Econ" mpg number in the upper left corner of the HEV display or is there fuel usage data somewhere else in the Nav? Feedback would be appreciated.

I suspect the 'Tank mpg' reference has to do with the ScanGauge II (SG II). The mpg display I find only on the SG II is: Tank, Today, Current, & Previous Day. The NAV system display seems to display the mpg from the last reset point. It seems to me it can be used as any one of the 4 that the SG II displays, but not all 4 at anyone time.

That is the way I have been viewing it. If any of the knowledgable folks here can clearify this, please do.

Picked up my MMH yesterday from the dealer!! The paperwork process at the dealer went very smoothly. No games, no hiccups, no problems. They honored the price agreement we made in August with no price increase and they even alerted me to a sale tax reduction that occurred in October (a local municipal sale tax "add-on" that expired). It saved me about $200. If you are looking for a new Ford or Mercury vehicle in the San Joaquin Valley of central California, checkout Madera Ford Mercury. Good people to deal with.

I love the MMH! AWD, Moonroof, Nav System, leather package, Metalic Silver. Drove off the lot with 13 miles on the odometer and put a whole 22 miles on it to get home. A number of poster have commented about the loud ICE on their '09 MMHs and FEHs. I didn't get that impression on my MMH (but I've only driven it 22 miles). My first impression is that it is a fun car to drive. Handles well, good ride, easy to maneuver and park in tight places. Unfortunately, I was unable to drive home with the moonroof open due to rain. The only thing that took me by surprise was monitoring traffic directly behind me in the rear view mirrors. Cars appear to be much closer than I am use to or comfortable with. I'm use to driving a large pickup, and I'm thinking that the lower angle of the mirrors on the MMH make traffic appear closer...

Marcus,

Congrat's on the MMH, I know you'll love it they are certainly worth the wait. It will take time to figure out the nav, sync system I'm still finding things. Enjoy it and let us know how the mpg goes. I've found out in the cold weather the mpg really drops, mine went from an avg of 38mpg down to 30-31mpg, I guess it has to do with the engine running longer during warmup and the heater causing the ICE to come on.

The Nav Sys or the dash Econ MPG average for those that don't have the Nav Sys must be reset at each tank fill to give you your average for that tank. Prior models did not store enough data for a complete tank average but I've confirmed the new '09 system does now. According to my Tank fills, the Nav Sys is reading higher than your actual mileage by at least 1.5mpg. The SGII must be adjusted to correctly display the right averages to at least 10.4%.

Congrats Marcus!

Second impression;

I didn't want to park it last evening! My coworkers saw it today and thought it was great too.

My comment on the noise of the ICE is slightly overstated and it seems to be quieter now.

I put over 200 miles on it (at varying speeds) in two days and absolutely love the thing. The Nav system makes it a serious toy as well as a great system for business (hands free phone, contact list, etc). So many features. I've already copied many music CDs to the hard drive. A great feature.

It claims that I am averaging 34.8 MPG as shown on the HEV Nav screen (and that is driving it like I do my V8 Explorer). Taking into account GarryG's calculations, <33 MPG. To me, anything over 30 MPG is impressive. I will probably get an extrenal gauge and learn to hypermile at some point. BTW- my gauge showed 102 MPG as an average when I picked it up from the dealer with 4 miles on the OD and a half tank of gas before I reset it.

(Only one minor complaint from my daughter - - - "Dad, you should be embarresed when you beep that horn. It sounds like the one from Herbie the Love Bug! (I told her that I will buy the biggest airhorn I can find that plugs into a 110 volt outlet, mount it to the roof rack with an extension cord out the window and use that instead of the OEM equipment to make her happy!!)

ENJOY!

Edited by ohdelco

Hi folks,

I'm on the West Coast of Canada and I ordered my FEH in July. I was told that it would be at most a 5 month wait for delivery. Yesterday the dealership told me that it may not be built until at least Jan '09 as we don't have a VIN yet. The dealership "found" an '08 FEH (with some added options that I originally didn't want) and wants to sell it to me instead. I'm going tomorrow to see what they will offer. Any suggestions?

Hi folks,

I'm on the West Coast of Canada and I ordered my FEH in July. I was told that it would be at most a 5 month wait for delivery. Yesterday the dealership told me that it may not be built until at least Jan '09 as we don't have a VIN yet. The dealership "found" an '08 FEH (with some added options that I originally didn't want) and wants to sell it to me instead. I'm going tomorrow to see what they will offer. Any suggestions?

If you planned on a 5 month wait, and it is going to turn out to be 6, thats not bad.

Mine was originally estimated as a 3 month and turned into a 5 month.

If you do not have tax credit implications after the first of the year like we do in The States then I would probably wait it out.

From a driver perspective I cannot compare to an 08, but I love the 09. It will run EV up to 40, but not a mph more, about 65 k for you.

The Nav/Sync system is awesome, do not know if you are going that route, if your not, there is still time to add it onto your 09, you can alter up until VIN issue.

Also consider that you ordered in July and it is price protected, that is worth 1030 USD as long as your dealer honors that, some have been and some have not.

Edited by scottfisher

If you planned on a 5 month wait, and it is going to turn out to be 6, thats not bad.

Mine was originally estimated as a 3 month and turned into a 5 month.

If you do not have tax credit implications after the first of the year like we do in The States then I would probably wait it out.

From a driver perspective I cannot compare to an 08, but I love the 09. It will run EV up to 40, but not a mph more, about 65 k for you.

The Nav/Sync system is awesome, do not know if you are going that route, if your not, there is still time to add it onto your 09, you can alter up until VIN issue.

Also consider that you ordered in July and it is price protected, that is worth 1030 USD as long as your dealer honors that, some have been and some have not.

Thanks Scottfisher. I am price protected so I'm not worried about that. the dealership said at "least Jan" but he was implying that it could be a lot longer (maybe mid '09, which is why he is offering me the '08. The '08 he's offering me has AWD (I ordered FWD) with the older Nav system. I'm wondering if anyone else on the West Coast (either B.C. or Washington state) has had the same delay.