Dude, wheres my hybrid?

twolostminds

I saw my 09 FEH LTD today, IT DOES ACTUALLY EXIST!!!! :happy feet: My company purchases thru a fleet company and the fleet department of the delivering dealer is closed on the weekend. It's funny, nobody from the dealership bothered to let me know that it was in. (although they only make $150 on the entire transaction) I was in the neighborhood of the dealership this afternoon and stopped by. We walked their vehicle lot and there it was with a nice bright red tag hanging from the rearview mirror SOLD (to me). Anyhow, with any luck I'll pick it up on Monday if they get the paperwork taken care of, otherwise I'll have to wait another week, until I'm back in town. Keep your fingers crossed!

This must mean the bottle neck is finally clearing up and the recently produced vehicles are starting to arrived at the dealers. (Mine was produced on 9/11/08 and the dealer is in Southern CA, in Long Beach, CA)

More to follow....

Update.....picked it up today. Still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles on the Nav system. The car drives interestingly....not as quiet as I thought when the gas engine is running. All and all, I'm impressed and looking forward to getting to know this vehicle better.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine seems to be taking "the great Midwestern USA whistle stop train tour" on its way to the dealer in Sterling, VA, as shown in the attached PDF which is a screen scraping of part of an email I just received from my dealer. :stats:

I noticed that the railcar number was listed in the status update the dealer gave me, so using Norfolk Southern's Voice Trace system via their toll free number, I found out that it's in Fostoria, OH as of 8:30 PM last night.

See Norfolk Southern's web site, Customers --> Customer Reference Guide --> Monitoring Shipments for more information. Tip: speak the railcar number rather than use the keypad on the telephone.

I noticed that the railcar number was listed in the status update the dealer gave me, so using Norfolk Southern's Voice Trace system via their toll free number, I found out that it's in Fostoria, OH as of 8:30 PM last night.

See Norfolk Southern's web site, Customers --> Customer Reference Guide --> Monitoring Shipments for more information. Tip: speak the railcar number rather than use the keypad on the telephone.

Ours made it to the dealership yesterday. Not sure when we will be picking it up, dealership has to order a drivers side mirror that got cracked somewhere between KCAP and NJ. :hysterical::banghead::hysterical: They say the part might be in tommorow or Thursday.

I picked mine up today from Sunnyvale Ford in San Jose, CA. Those guys are surprisingly painless and helpful. The internet sales manager that I've been in contact with even drove with me to my car rental place to drop off my rental car. Now that's service. That last bit earned me as a repeat customer.

Mine came in yesterday & I picked it up today. I'm really happy with it, it's awesome although 5 months was a long time to wait for a car. The electronics in this thing are very state of the art and high tech but will take me a while to figure out. Right now, having a problem getting it to pull all the contacts out of my Palm Treo. It drives impressively and feels nice & tight, overall very well put together, decent quality fit & finish. They sure have come a long way. AND, they didn't charge me the $1,030 increase, they agreed that they were price protected and filed for the credit on their end. They couldn't argue with all the documentation I got from this forum, thanks guys... I will report back soon, gotta go play with it some more now... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

My FEH arrived late last night at my dealer here in Milton, ON, Canada. After they have completed their PDI should be able to pick it up on Thursday or Friday. Its nice to see that everyone's FEH is finally making it to the dealers, its been a long wait for us all.

Picked up our FEHL last night!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

The Black Pearl Slate with Stone leather is amazing and the tushie warmers are wonderful. I was surprised by the engine noise at first then realized that we were noticing it because the road noise is so much less compared to our old truck. The engine seemed to be running a little bit more than I thought it would be but then I looked at our fuel economy for the 40+ mile trip home from the dealership. 37.4 MPG!!!

mpgdisplay.jpg

I'm definately not going to complain with this kind of fuel economy. :shades:

As of 6:25 PM today, the railcar was in Newcastle, PA.

"Inch by inch, mile by mile, gunna get my SUV in a while..."

The railcar carrying the vehicle arrived in Cumberland, Maryland at 4:35 AM today. The Norfolk Southern tracking system did not mention "final destination" like it was a few days ago.

Edited by fmorriso

Just a question out of curiosity: why do you think anyone here really wants to know the inch by inch progression of your vehicle like we actually care for that kind of detail? Most people have the common sense to post "hey guys! My car arrived today! Yay", whereas you on the other hand inundate this thread with "now it's at this place..... now it's at this place..... now it's at this place.....". I would try to ignore your posts if I could, but unfortunately I don't know what kind of post I'm reading until I click the thread and scroll down to see your posts. What a drag.

Edited by Meatwaggon

Just a question out of curiosity: why do you think anyone here really wants to know the inch by inch progression of your vehicle like we actually care for that kind of detail? Most people have the common sense to post "hey guys! My car arrived today! Yay", whereas you on the other hand inundate this thread with "now it's at this place..... now it's at this place..... now it's at this place.....". I would try to ignore your posts if I could, but unfortunately I don't know what kind of post I'm reading until I click the thread and scroll down to see your posts. What a drag.

Feel the love. Or some similar Barry White tune. :reading:

Let me see now, the purpose of the thread appears to have something to do with finding out where various Ford Escape Hybrid are, particularly, but not exclusively those that went into some sort of temporary hold back at KCAP in mid-September. I post where my hybrid is to help people understand where a vehicle goes as it leaves KCAP and heads towards the East coast. One person in this forum has an issue with posts that are clearly on topic. Conclusion: dude, you have some serious psychological issues. Please seek professional help. It's not too late.

Edited by fmorriso

Conclusion: dude, you have some serious psychological issues. Please seek professional help. It's not too late.

You need to follow your own advice. NOBODY except you and maybe your dealer cares where your FEH is at.

I post where my hybrid is to help people understand where a vehicle goes as it leaves KCAP and heads towards the East coast.

I don't believe that for a second. Everybody has their own destination, travel time, and route. The only people who may even be remotely interested in your route/time are people who live in your city or near your city. And I'm pretty sure even they don't need your queer minute-by-minute updates of where your car is. Speaking of psychological issues, I'm fairly certain based on this thread as well as the other one (you know the one), you are not in a position to accuse other people of having psychological issues. I think you crave attention and/or infamy and think this is the way to get it. :finger:

Edited by Meatwaggon

You are too funny man, that is hysterical :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

fmorriso, you have made so many friends here you really should throw a party. Do you have this affect on people in all areas of your life or just here on this forum?

:headscratch::lol2: :shrug: :kuko::kuko::kuko:

Dude, my hybrid is traveling down I95 from Jessup, Maryland on a car carrier at 47.876 miles per hour and is 36.487 miles from the dealer. :stirpot: I hope to pick it up Monday or Tuesday.

Let me see now, the purpose of the thread appears to have something to do with finding out where various Ford Escape Hybrid are, particularly, but not exclusively those that went into some sort of temporary hold back at KCAP in mid-September. I post where my hybrid is to help people understand where a vehicle goes as it leaves KCAP and heads towards the East coast. One person in this forum has an issue with posts that are clearly on topic. Conclusion: dude, you have some serious psychological issues. Please seek professional help. It's not too late.

dude...Dude....DUDE!!!!! Take a look at my first post, study it carefully and think about it for a while. This thread was made to gather information not enable your tracking OCD! Relax and just post when it arrives and how much you like it. Note: This does not mean post here about ANY shananigans the dealership pulls on you.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: