Taurus Interior spy shots

Fords#1Fan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt look to bad from what you can see...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-2010.html

Not bad at all. It's kind of a mix of the Flex dash with the Edge heat vents. Looks nice though. It's nice to see farmiliar design cues from model to model without them all getting the cookie cutter look they historically have fallen into. Just different enough. What's up with the Lincoln badge on the steering wheel?

Not bad at all. It's kind of a mix of the Flex dash with the Edge heat vents. Looks nice though. It's nice to see farmiliar design cues from model to model without them all getting the cookie cutter look they historically have fallen into. Just different enough. What's up with the Lincoln badge on the steering wheel?

The prototype has a Lincoln steering wheel.

Volvo HVAC controls with the person shape in the center to direct the air flow. Power button is cool, I dig it. Don't dig the Buick style holes for the gauges but it's a prototype. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I see the Sony system is making the rounds like Ford said it will. I think the first introduction of this system is in the 09 F-150.

Just a question - why do you not like the START button?

it turns a two step process into a three....complicated gimmickry....insert key rotate to start is fine w me....now i also have to look for and press a button, un-necessary as multi coloured ( why not just one low key )mood lighting......

Only point to start button is if you've got the keyless fob. Then you do need something to start the car.

if it was a worthwhile IMPROVEMENT or ALTERNATIVE I would have no problem, as it sits its just a "neato" gimmick that soon loses its novelty,does nothing to improve the human/ machine interface, adds ANOTHER step to an already simplistic ritual, adds yet ANOTHER knob anmd improves NOTHING....I swear, designers seem to enjoy clutter for clutters sake......

if it was a worthwhile IMPROVEMENT or ALTERNATIVE I would have no problem, as it sits its just a "neato" gimmick that soon loses its novelty,does nothing to improve the human/ machine interface, adds ANOTHER step to an already simplistic ritual, adds yet ANOTHER knob anmd improves NOTHING....I swear, designers seem to enjoy clutter for clutters sake......

How does it add another step if you have the keyless fob? I mean, you get in, press the "Start" button and go.

How does it add another step if you have the keyless fob? I mean, you get in, press the "Start" button and go.

so what unlocks the steering column or has that become redundant too? Personally I have never been hands on to a vehicle with a "start" button....happy with the way things are, what exactly are/ would be the benefits?.....thats all i'm saying, i seem to recall several of the "starter" button cars STILL required the insertion of the key into the ignition BEFORE depressing the big red PIMPLE that screams NOVELTY from its dash placement....

so what unlocks the steering column or has that become redundant too? Personally I have never been hands on to a vehicle with a "start" button....happy with the way things are, what exactly are/ would be the benefits?.....thats all i'm saying, i seem to recall several of the "starter" button cars STILL required the insertion of the key into the ignition BEFORE depressing the big red PIMPLE that screams NOVELTY from its dash placement....

I've never had my hands on one either. But from what I understand, the keyless fob works as a wireless key for the vehicle. It unlocks the door and trunk and allows the car to start if it's in your pocket. I assume it would also unlock the stearing column. Perhaps someone who has used one can clarify.

I've never had my hands on one either. But from what I understand, the keyless fob works as a wireless key for the vehicle. It unlocks the door and trunk and allows the car to start if it's in your pocket. I assume it would also unlock the stearing column. Perhaps someone who has used one can clarify.

see what I mean....coplexity for no apparent reason...and I HATE things in my pocket when driving, and if its not in ones pocket its rattling in the cupholders....

Edited by Deanh

see what I mean....coplexity for no apparent reason...and I HATE things in my pocket when driving, and if its not in ones pocket its rattling in the cupholders....

Are you a Luddite? :shades:

Anyway, I always have keys in my pocket (house, office, etc). Not having to fish them out to start my car would be great.

Are you a Luddite? :shades:

Anyway, I always have keys in my pocket (house, office, etc). Not having to fish them out to start my car would be great.

nope...but some changes, at least to me is un-necessary...and this ranks right up there....i have no problem if i veiw it as an improvement, but the current insert and turn is tried/ true/ and efficient.....just seems totally un-necessary and aimed solely at the novelty crowd....case in point was when audio suppliers went from perfectly usable KNOBS to sliders etc.....talk about abn un-necessary ergonomic step back

Edited by Deanh

nope...but some changes, at least to me is un-necessary...and this ranks right up there....i have no problem if i veiw it as an improvement, but the current insert and turn is tried/ true/ and efficient.....just seems totally un-necessary and aimed solely at the novelty crowd....

Well, my wife agrees with you...but she's a Luddite too! :P

Mazda has one that will fit in your wallet, its the same size and shape of a few stacked credit cards.

which I misplace, unlike the keys in the ignition.........something to be said for good old simple mechanical interaction...hell, even the PATS keys are over the damn top...lose em you are totally screwed, car has to be flat bedded to a dealer, reprogramed at outrageous prices etc etc....PAINFUL.....

Edited by Deanh

which I misplace, unlike the keys in the ignition.........something to be said for good old simple mechanical interaction...hell, even the PATS keys are over the damn top...lose em you are totally screwed, car has to be flat bedded to a dealer, reprogramed at outrageous prices etc etc....PAINFUL.....

IMO the only thing driving this is the competition. You can get an Altima with the push button ignition. Does this mean that the next Taurus is going to be even more expensive now?

When are we going to see the push button automatic transmission again :)

....better yet, how soon before the new Jaguar dial-transmission filters down to less expensive automobiles?

I drove a new Corvette with the START button, with the Fob in my pocket. No fumbling with keys! Just start and GOOOOO! It would be a pain (and expensive) to lose 'em......$450.00 for an Acura RL's key btw.

Neat feature.....

.....but there is a lot of redundancy build into them. (Otherwise you couldn't get out of a car if you didn't have the fob!) Must add weight and complexity.