Taurus Interior spy shots

Fords#1Fan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lose your wallet all the time? That's a bummer. Geesh, I've managed to never lose a car key or my wallet since I've had either one. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

but keys are more substantial...a small flat card...no thankyou...I'd probably try to put it in a ATM....anyways, aside from my obvious dislike of frivilous start buttons....as someone said perfectly..."Answer to a question no-one asked "....I DO like the dash....best effort this side of the flex.....

I asked this in the Taurus thread, but I'll ask it here too, as this thread seems more active:

Take a look at a blown-up view of the third picture, the one where you can see the driver's hand on the shifter. Notice there is a leather boot around the shift arm. While that's a HUGE step up in quality over other Ford interiors, typically you use a leather boot when you need front-back AND left-right movement. Look at the width of the opening on the shift gate, the opening that leather boot is covering. While it is clearly not square enough of an opening to be a manual transmission, it is way wider than it needs to be for a regular automatic floor-mounted shifter. Finally, look at the bottom of the shift gate, on the left. Does the bottom of this shift gate have notches on the left and right? Is is possible that this is a tap-shift or manumatic automatic?

but keys are more substantial...a small flat card...no thankyou...I'd probably try to put it in a ATM....anyways, aside from my obvious dislike of frivilous start buttons....as someone said perfectly..."Answer to a question no-one asked "....I DO like the dash....best effort this side of the flex.....

Considering the popularity of push button starts, it appears even if nobody asked for them, people sure do like them. Given the choice, I'd take a keyless start also.

I asked this in the Taurus thread, but I'll ask it here too, as this thread seems more active:

Take a look at a blown-up view of the third picture, the one where you can see the driver's hand on the shifter. Notice there is a leather boot around the shift arm. While that's a HUGE step up in quality over other Ford interiors, typically you use a leather boot when you need front-back AND left-right movement. Look at the width of the opening on the shift gate, the opening that leather boot is covering. While it is clearly not square enough of an opening to be a manual transmission, it is way wider than it needs to be for a regular automatic floor-mounted shifter. Finally, look at the bottom of the shift gate, on the left. Does the bottom of this shift gate have notches on the left and right? Is is possible that this is a tap-shift or manumatic automatic?

I wouldn't read too much into the boot. The shifter on my mom's Avalon has a leather boot, and it's a straight fore-aft automatic. The notches are interesting though...

I see the Sony system is making the rounds like Ford said it will. I think the first introduction of this system is in the 09 F-150.

It's actually standard in the Flex SEL and Limited but I think that's it so far for '09. The F-150 looks to be the next one to get it.

It's actually standard in the Flex SEL and Limited but I think that's it so far for '09. The F-150 looks to be the next one to get it.

this is just the start, now Sony has its foot in the door don't be surprized if they organize a takeover...... :stirpot: Toshiba and HD DVD was just a warmup....

Edited by Deanh

The trunk button is next to the passenger ? Thats an odd and stupid place for it. So that means if I get out, and forget to hit the trunk button, I have to get in the car, to HIT the button? Thats quite idiotic. It's so much easier just opening the door and being able to click it while standing outside of the car. Which idiot designer thought of that?

The trunk button is next to the passenger ? Thats an odd and stupid place for it. So that means if I get out, and forget to hit the trunk button, I have to get in the car, to HIT the button? Thats quite idiotic. It's so much easier just opening the door and being able to click it while standing outside of the car. Which idiot designer thought of that?

Probably the same guy who thought it would be a good idea to put the trunk release inside the glove box on SN95 Mustangs.

My wife had a brand new rental Altima the other day which had the keyless push button start. She wasn't given a key at all, just a fob to keep in her pocket/purse.

so.....what happens when the battery goes dead........key is sounding better all the time......is a key still required to open doors and trunks?, can one lock the glovebox?.........what happens if you get hit by lightning?......or tazered by P......LOL!

Edited by Deanh

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all Fox Mustangs had the trunk release in the glove box. I know my '85 and '86 did.

My '89 not only has the hatch release in the glovebox, but also the fuel door release. It's a regular control panel in there. Funny that in the '80s locking fuel doors were there to prevent gas thieves. Looks like my Mustang is safe in the new millennium as well. <sigh of relief> How long before people start buying locking gas caps again?

My '89 not only has the hatch release in the glovebox, but also the fuel door release. It's a regular control panel in there. Funny that in the '80s locking fuel doors were there to prevent gas thieves. Looks like my Mustang is safe in the new millennium as well. <sigh of relief> How long before people start buying locking gas caps again?

funny....stuff a locking gas cap in Fords new capless system.....

Oh yeah, forgot all about the fuel door release, in my 85, 86, one button was yellow and one button was orange...And my '02 doesn't even have a locking fuel door.

Edited by 02MustangGT

funny....stuff a locking gas cap in Fords new capless system.....

:hysterical: Or a potato! We just had a customer drop a Flex off in the service dept. after putting E85 in it. She thought that was what Flex meant. Now I don't know if you've ever seen the capless filler on the Flex, but it says "no E85" on it not once, but twice. Once on either side of the filler hole. Idiot.

:hysterical: Or a potato! We just had a customer drop a Flex off in the service dept. after putting E85 in it. She thought that was what Flex meant. Now I don't know if you've ever seen the capless filler on the Flex, but it says "no E85" on it not once, but twice. Once on either side of the filler hole. Idiot.

What an ultramaroon. Is that anything like GM's turbocharged cars in the 60s? They had to beef them up with the Turbo400 and Turbo350 transmissions, so they HAVE to be turbo right?

Speaking of annoying trunk releases- mine goes to HONDA. On the floor, next to the gas door release. Now, how many times have you been to the gas station and seen the Accord in front of you pop the trunk when the driver gets out? Yeah, ive seen it alot.

As a design element, it balances the "Start" button. I've seen GM cars have the trunk release in the glove box for decades.

If you forget to open the trunk while inside......you can still use your fob outside the car!

Still it is called the FLEX. When I first heard the name change from Fairlane I assumed it would be flex-fuel.

And God only knows what the salesman said to sell a car.

Still it is called the FLEX. When I first heard the name change from Fairlane I assumed it would be flex-fuel.

Timmm,,,uncalled for....does the fact that she did NOT read the two warnings that are LITERALLY right there make her illiterate?..........where the HELL is ACCOUNTABILITY anymore?....she'll probably sue Ford and take a 10 BILLION dollar out of court settlement.....I smell set-up

Edited by Deanh

Did you assume the Mustang came with hooves also? :D

Won't completely argue with you though. Flex is a pretty stupid name. I think for different reasons though. I'm just sick and tired of Ford 'F' names.

Edited by NickF1011