Taurus Interior spy shots

Fords#1Fan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A separate start button has its uses. My first car, the car I learned on, was a 1954 Studebaker Commander coupe, V-8, 3-in-the-tree, with electrically-controlled overdrive.

Great sled. If I ever win the lottery . . . anyway, if you were on the highway, in 3rd-overdrive, turning the ignition key "flick-flick" caused the OD to drop out. Great for when you wanted to pass. Then as soon as you eased off on the go pedal, the OD came in. One could use the OD with 2nd, as well.

If you've never driven a Studebaker coupe, you should, if the opportunity presents. :)

Edited by Edstock

When will we see this car on dealer lots? I know we see the car this year at the car shows but when does it hit showrooms? Any chance we see it June/July 09? The wife's lease is due June 09 and I want to see this car before I pull the trigger on a Fusion (hopefully its on dealer lots by then) or Mazda6.

I really like what I have seen so far of this car.

That center console...reminds me of "Waterfall dashboard" that Maxima was pushing in it's 2000 redesign. It flowed nicely...well thats all that flowed nicely with that generation.

It does look nice, but seems a bit confining. I know the D3 have been critisized for having confining footwell areas, it looks like this will add to it.

What I find pretty interesting about the new Tarsus is that it seems like its basically going to be a cheaper version of the MKS...the Tophats are similar and now the interiors are somewhat similar also.

But I do like what I've seen so far with the car...its a huge improvement over the current D3 cars. I've driven my parents Sable a couple times and it just feels like an old persons car...the new one doesn't

How does it add another step if you have the keyless fob? I mean, you get in, press the "Start" button and go.

so what unlocks the steering column or has that become redundant too? Personally I have never been hands on to a vehicle with a "start" button....happy with the way things are, what exactly are/ would be the benefits?.....thats all i'm saying, i seem to recall several of the "starter" button cars STILL required the insertion of the key into the ignition BEFORE depressing the big red PIMPLE that screams NOVELTY from its dash placement....

I've never had my hands on one either. But from what I understand, the keyless fob works as a wireless key for the vehicle. It unlocks the door and trunk and allows the car to start if it's in your pocket. I assume it would also unlock the stearing column. Perhaps someone who has used one can clarify.

Maybe I can shed some light onto the situation, as our BMW has push button start.

Some vehicles (like BMWs w/out "comfort access" package) require a "2 step" process.....1) either putting the key in a slot or performing a normal key turn and 2) then pushing the button....in my opinion, I would rather not have a push button at all if it were a two step process like that.

Our BMW and others have as I mentioned before the "comfort access" package, which along with other features allows you to keep the key in your pocket. I'm not sure if the Ford system will work this way, but the BMW system has sensors in the door handle which allow you to unlock and lock the car by touching the handle certain ways (grasp the handle to unlock and place a finger on the top of the handle to lock). Anyways, this allows you to get in the vehicle without touching the key at all. You're then able to get in the car, push the brake and then the start button *No inserting keys or anything anywhere, just push-n-go (as chrysler would probably call it).

And for those of you who have fears of locking your keys in the car: at least with BMW, the car is able to detect that the key is within the dimensions of the cabin/trunk area. If it detects the keys are within the car's cabin footprint, the doors will not lock until you remove the key from the interior.

I hope you all were able to understand that and that it helped out.

What I want to know is, why does the passenger side have the big hood over the dash, the same size as the instrument panel?

I guess they're trying to go for that dual cockpit look ala Mustang. I'm gonna wait til I see it before deciding for sure, but I think I agree with you at the moment in simply saying why?

Why is there a dirty, 4-letter word on the dash cover?

:rant:;) :D

Sony, Microsoft....you don't get bigger branding in a car than that! These are very marketable attributes in a vehicle, it will do the car very good. My sister is hell-bent on getting a Sony equipped Ford, it would be the main reason she will buy another Ford car (I kid you not!).

I would prefer my Lincolns not to have the Sony logo however :).

which I misplace, unlike the keys in the ignition.........something to be said for good old simple mechanical interaction...hell, even the PATS keys are over the damn top...lose em you are totally screwed, car has to be flat bedded to a dealer, reprogramed at outrageous prices etc etc....PAINFUL.....

You lose your wallet all the time? That's a bummer. Geesh, I've managed to never lose a car key or my wallet since I've had either one. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

Looks much better, except Ford N.A. has too stop using the air-vents from the truck parts bin. IMO they look very out of place in this car.

The centre stack looks like the new Escape set-up, but has been curved and positioned lower.

Edited by MKII

BTW, I think the reason why people on this board like me so much is because I always contribute something valuable. Like that post above. Great insight, an original thought expressed in an original fashion. I tell you what, you guys should really be glad you've got me around.

:rolleyes:

Actually, that has to be one of the most redundant posts I've seen this week. I therefore award myself the Redundant Post of the Week award.

The interior looks good. Very upscale and modern, which is what Ford needs in their flagship sedan.

The Fusion will be the more important of the two sedans moving forward, but many customers will be looking for the roominess and cargo space the Taurus provides, and it should be able to capture SUV buyers going back to sedans.