LAP on future closure list?

fantasyfrank

I read an email from a salaried retiree report that stated that LAP could be on a future closure list. I'm not going to give out any names to protect the innocent parties involved, I SWEAR I'm not making this up. I don't know if there is any truth to this but I read the email and it was not bogus and it stated LAP is a target plant. I know we all have heard about a new product coming to LAP, the state of KY giving Ford all kinds of tax breaks so I can't figure out why LAP "could be" on the hit list but people down in Louisville need to do there homework. People who know me would go to bat for me and tell you I'm not making this up, I read the email, I saw it and I take this very seriously. LAP people, start pulling strings and find out if this is true....I hope it's not. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm giving out facts on what I read and what I read I hope is 1000% wrong.

I read an email from a salaried retiree report that stated that LAP could be on a future closure list. I'm not going to give out any names to protect the innocent parties involved, I SWEAR I'm not making this up. I don't know if there is any truth to this but I read the email and it was not bogus and it stated LAP is a target plant. I know we all have heard about a new product coming to LAP, the state of KY giving Ford all kinds of tax breaks so I can't figure out why LAP "could be" on the hit list but people down in Louisville need to do there homework. People who know me would go to bat for me and tell you I'm not making this up, I read the email, I saw it and I take this very seriously. LAP people, start pulling strings and find out if this is true....I hope it's not. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm giving out facts on what I read and what I read I hope is 1000% wrong.

That was probably an email from the Way Forward Plan of Jan 2006 , things have changed since your new contract, and I doubt a salaried retiree would be getting those kind of reports.

I've been at LAP for a little over 20 years. I have not heard this rumor, but I would not be suprised if it turns out to be true. I have felt all along that they were not being truthful about the future of our plant. I hope for everyone's sake,it is only a rumor.

I've been at LAP for a little over 20 years. I have not heard this rumor, but I would not be suprised if it turns out to be true. I have felt all along that they were not being truthful about the future of our plant. I hope for everyone's sake,it is only a rumor.

It's been a while since I have been to Louisville, have friends and family there. Isn't LAP surrounded by a huge UPS terminal? I heard it was, and that UPS in the past has wanted the land that LAP sits on, if so Ford could make alot of money just as it did on SLAP. I hope this is untrue, I love Louisville, my brother and sister were born there, were all in for a rough ride. :banghead:

Look at Wayne and MTP,FORD got a plant closure out of that deal...once mtp gets retooled wayne will no longer be an assembly plant..

Mark Fields the sneak got his plant closing, and the UAW sold everyone out at that plant.

Golden rule- those with the gold rule. Agreements these days are not worth the paper they are written on.

Look at Wayne and MTP,FORD got a plant closure out of that deal...once mtp gets retooled wayne will no longer be an assembly plant..

I wouldn't count out WAP, sure in this business climate plans for WAP are on hold, but I wouldn't count them out. On the topic of Louisville I know a vendor in Cincinnati that has a contract to upgrade the paint dept due to be done in spring 09. Not to say business conditions couldn't change and stall Louisville but I believe there is a good future their. My 2 cents

I wouldn't count out WAP, sure in this business climate plans for WAP are on hold, but I wouldn't count them out. On the topic of Louisville I know a vendor in Cincinnati that has a contract to upgrade the paint dept due to be done in spring 09. Not to say business conditions couldn't change and stall Louisville but I believe there is a good future their. My 2 cents

not sure how well the politicians will appreciated the tax breaks going to hire vendors from other states to upgrade LAP. bad move on Fords part if this is true.

"Ill hang up and listen" :blah:

I doubt a salaried retiree would be getting those kind of reports.

BINGO!

If a retiree was made privy to that kind of information, it would be verbal, not in writing.

That being said, like the original poster said, do some investigating on your own.

It's been a while since I have been to Louisville, have friends and family there. Isn't LAP surrounded by a huge UPS terminal? I heard it was, and that UPS in the past has wanted the land that LAP sits on, if so Ford could make alot of money just as it did on SLAP. I hope this is untrue, I love Louisville, my brother and sister were born there, were all in for a rough ride. :banghead:

Atlanta all over again.

If the land is worth more than the tax breaks...

Actually just yesterday there was talk from credible sources that LAP would likely be a 3 crew plant. Sales would have to support it of course. Preparations for retool are still underway.

The ultimate goal is to have a handful of super plants. Flexible, with high potential output. Easy to switch between models depending on the state of economy and fuel prices. Retooling only buys a few years. The plants that are in it for the long haul are the ones with major renovation (DTP, OAC as examples)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if LAP were to shut down. With the economy in such dire straits, it's only a matter of time before the axe has got to fall somewhere. And just because Ford says LAP is going to retool, nothing is set in stone, and they can change their mind (OR the contract, for that matter) if market conditions decline, which we all know they have.

Things are not getting better anytime soon.

That was probably an email from the Way Forward Plan of Jan 2006 , things have changed since your new contract, and I doubt a salaried retiree would be getting those kind of reports.
No, this email was dated this week. The salaried retiree meetings keep people updated on benefits, (which they have none) company announcements, etc. I know this guy personally and I know he wouldn't say it if it didn't come from a reliable sorce, why would he?

I didn't know we were still open now. LMAO

I have worked one week in the last 3 months, but we are supposed to return next week.

Homerhero's post is the best in the thread...that's the way everyone should reply to this bogus rumor. But worry not, once Obama gets in office, overtime for everyone with lots of new jobs.

I didn't know we were still open now. LMAO

I have worked one week in the last 3 months, but we are supposed to return next week.

Homerhero's post is the best in the thread...that's the way everyone should reply to this bogus rumor. But worry not, once Obama gets in office, overtime for everyone with lots of new jobs.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

The value of the land means nothing to Ford because they do not own it. The property is owned by CSX Transportation (originally Louisville & Nashville RR) and leased long term to Ford.

I could be wrong... but if you look up the Jefferson county PVA and type in 2000 Fern Valley Rd, it list Ford Motor Co. World HDQTs as the owner of the property, here is a link, the CSX onwing the property has been BS for along time

http://www.pvalouky.org/propertyinfo/detail.php?lrsn=8102320

If CSX owned the property, it would not have Ford listed on the PVA!!

P.S. Ford is paying the property taxes also

My previos link went to the beginning of the alphabet, here is the Jeff. Cty Sheriff

http://www.jcsoky.org/ptax_search_addr.asp

type in 2000 Fern valley rd

Edited by midnightshiftvisitor

No, this email was dated this week. The salaried retiree meetings keep people updated on benefits, (which they have none) company announcements, etc. I know this guy personally and I know he wouldn't say it if it didn't come from a reliable sorce, why would he?

I am a ford salaried retiree and once you retire the company does not send you letters on plant closings. The only messages you receive are when they cut your benefits. If it is from a retiree club it is conjecture and rumor. Do you honestly believe that Ford would disclose this to a retiree club let alone in a newsletter to all salaried retirees. What purpose would it serve? Why would they do it? Sounds like S&%t stirring to me.

P.S. Ford is paying the property taxes also

My previous link went to the beginning of the alphabet, here is the Jeff. Cty Sheriff

http://www.jcsoky.org/ptax_search_addr.asp

type in 2000 Fern valley rd

No record found: 2000 Fern Valley Rd.

try it again RR, it works for me, the property is assessed at $25,938,790.00

the taxes Ford pays is $245,176.04 per year