2010 Lincoln MKZ Order Guide

BORG

Attached is the 2010 Lincoln MKZ Ordering Guide, revealing many details, including the wheel designs, option packages, and the fact that the MKZ is getting the Select Shift feature and adaptive HID headlamps. It's also confirms the available rear-view camera and BLISS system. It also features a second generation ambient lighting system and a sport appearance package with 18" rims and sport-tuned suspension.

Lots of goodies so enjoy!

Where did you get this from? Its not on FMCdealer?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have an 2007 MKZ and MKX, the MKZ goes back soon for an MKS. The MKX lease is up in 2 years, but the car selections will change by then I'm sure. I'm actually thinking of buying my next car instead of leasing because I drive so many miles and the higher mileage leases are getting really high. If I buy a car, it probably wouldn't be a Lincoln, perhaps a Mercury Milan or Ford Taurus.

Gotcha, I missed that (the MKZ --> MKS trade).

Gotcha, I missed that (the MKZ --> MKS trade).

I think ford is making a big mistake by not offering the MKZ with the 3.7 because it seems that they are going to give the '10 fusion the 3.5. I thought the 3.7 was suppose to be "lincoln exclusive" anyways.

I think ford is making a big mistake by not offering the MKZ with the 3.7 because it seems that they are going to give the '10 fusion the 3.5. I thought the 3.7 was suppose to be "lincoln exclusive" anyways.

I am surprised that the Fusion may get the 3.5L, but I still would spring for the Lincoln easily over the Fusion.

I don't think there are enough 3.7L yet to offer it in the MKZ but it seems logical for the MKZ to eventually get it.

In the other thread, the 3.5L is only available in the 'Sport' for now.

I am disappointed that keyless start won't be available.

Interesting, because "one touch start" software is actually in most 2008MY vehicles ! All they needed was the button on the dash.

Remote start would be easy if the Remote Keyless Entry receiver could recognize another button and then energize the PCM and simply tell it to "Start" !

Just curious, where are you getting your specs from ?

I can't find any published weights for the Fusion.

Curb Weight of Lincoln MKZ AWD is 3672 bs. --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkz.html

Curb Weight of Lincoln MKZ FWD is 3469 lbs. --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkz.html

Curb Weight of Mazda 6 I4 is 3258 lbs. --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda6.html

Curb Weight of Mazda 6 V6 is 3547 lbs. --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/mazda6.html

Curb Weight of Ford Fusion I4 is 3238 lbs --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fusion.html

Curb Weight of Ford Fusion V6 FWD is 3325 lbs. --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fusion.html

Curb Weight of Ford Fusion V6 AWD is 3355 lbs. --> http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fusion.html

Edited by stpatrick90

Remember, we're still talking about Hermisillo here. I'm not sure how many engine/car combinations it can even support. It used to be that it was limited to two (D30 and D23) now, it seems to have three (D30PIP, D25 and D35) Granted, dimensionally, there isn't much difference between the D30PIP, D35 and D37, so, that may be how they're doing it. It would complicate the build process further to offer an additional engine choice.

Remember, we're still talking about Hermisillo here. I'm not sure how many engine/car combinations it can even support. It used to be that it was limited to two (D30 and D23) now, it seems to have three (D30PIP, D25 and D35) Granted, dimensionally, there isn't much difference between the D30PIP, D35 and D37, so, that may be how they're doing it. It would complicate the build process further to offer an additional engine choice.

Don't forget about the hybrids.

I don't think there are enough 3.7L yet to offer it in the MKZ but it seems logical for the MKZ to eventually get it.

In the other thread, the 3.5L is only available in the 'Sport' for now.

Even if its only available in the sport, it will be eroding on the MKZ. The MKZ has already been called a "tarted up fusion". At least give the MKZ an mid year option for 3.7, and then make the 3.7 standard when the 3.7 DI(Hopefully around the time of the ecoboost) is available. This would in fact make the 3.7 exclusive to lincoln as well as making the MKZ one of the most powerful midsize entry level cars. The would make customers from other buyers come in to the fold (similar to what infinti does)

Even if its only available in the sport, it will be eroding on the MKZ. The MKZ has already been called a "tarted up fusion". At least give the MKZ an mid year option for 3.7, and then make the 3.7 standard when the 3.7 DI(Hopefully around the time of the ecoboost) is available. This would in fact make the 3.7 exclusive to lincoln as well as making the MKZ one of the most powerful midsize entry level cars. The would make customers from other buyers come in to the fold (similar to what infinti does)

I thought it was pretty much understood that the 3.7 going into the MKZ was just a matter of when, not if. I think people are making too big a deal out of it.

I thought it was pretty much understood that the 3.7 going into the MKZ was just a matter of when, not if. I think people are making too big a deal out of it.

Yeah, I don't get it. Now I haven't driven a car with the 3.7, but it seems like the few extra ft/lbs of torque really aren't worth getting all that excited over. Does the engine rev more freely, or run smoother, or have a vastly better powerband that I don't know about? Otherwise it seems kind of redundant...

Similar to what they do with the best selling Lexus you mean?

Similar to what they do with the best selling Lexus you mean?

Yes...but does that make it OK?

Toyota and Lexus can afford to do business like that. Lincoln cannot. They have to go above and beyond the "standard" with the hopes that doing that, people will be swayed. With today's technology and reliability, all you have to get people to buy ONE...and if you did your job good enough, they WILL return.

Toyota and Lexus can afford to do business like that. Lincoln cannot. They have to go above and beyond the "standard" with the hopes that doing that, people will be swayed. With today's technology and reliability, all you have to get people to buy ONE...and if you did your job good enough, they WILL return.

My point was, what does an engine really have to do with luxury? When did 263hp become too litte is a 4 door non sports sedan?

Edited by suv_guy_19

Yeah, I don't get it. Now I haven't driven a car with the 3.7, but it seems like the few extra ft/lbs of torque really aren't worth getting all that excited over. Does the engine rev more freely, or run smoother, or have a vastly better powerband that I don't know about? Otherwise it seems kind of redundant...

Yes. It is smoother and much more refined... it's said to be on par with the best of Lexus or Mercedes.

My point exactly, Lincoln has to try to be the best in any area it can. It has lost so many buyers because they didnt adjust to times and only gave customers the same thing over and over, and now they CANT afford not to go above and beyond. Having engines that produce the most power or close to it is one of the ways people will start looking at their vehicles. They need to make the MKZ a full feature car- meaning they need to offer it in basic a 3.7, medium range( 3.7DI if its ever ready), and top of the line ecoboost. This hopefully would give them more sales (35,000 or so is good but it needs to become a volume car 50,000+)

My point exactly, Lincoln has to try to be the best in any area it can. It has lost so many buyers because they didnt adjust to times and only gave customers the same thing over and over, and now they CANT afford not to go above and beyond. Having engines that produce the most power or close to it is one of the ways people will start looking at their vehicles. They need to make the MKZ a full feature car- meaning they need to offer it in basic a 3.7, medium range( 3.7DI if its ever ready), and top of the line ecoboost. This hopefully would give them more sales (35,000 or so is good but it needs to become a volume car 50,000+)

I'd say go for driving impressions such as steering and throttle responsiveness, steering and braking feedback, pinned-down body roll, transmission smoothness and responsiveness, and of course styling and technologies. That's more of what got BMW and Audi recognized.

Power (especially hp) really only appeals to the M/AMG/RS/V crowd when it comes to luxury-marque buyers. (Of course, if they come up with a super-hot line for Lincoln, then never mind my argument. Can anyone come up with a name?)

(BTW - a D25EB or something like that would be a good idea too.)

Edited by papilgee4evaeva