2010 Milan Unmasked

Harley Lover

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See? It's all about proportion. That grille looks much better than the Milan's in relation to the headlamp size and other front end details like the lower fascia opening and fog lamps.

Actually I disagree with you on that car in particular. The grill "goatee" is awkward, the top of the grill isn't defined and the headlights have no relationship to the grill. The Milan on the other hand has continuity....the lower edge of the headlights sweep across. There is a bit too much chrome on top to my liking, but that balances off the stacked headlights.

I like the detailing in the front fender and the sides of the fascia.

As for the absence of a front bumper, that's a little---odd. It will require getting used to. Basically, the car looks kind of snub-nosed to me.

But, also, we're looking at a bad angle snap shot at night. Ever seen a bad picture of yourself? Doesn't necessarily mean you're ugly ('course it doesn't mean you look good either.... :P)

I love everything about the Fascia, the the flush headlamps, the creases in the bumper under the grille, the long headlamps, the rear-end with the LED tail lamps....it looks great, especially in white! The ladies are going to love this thing!

It almost looks like the Milan is using the old Fusion hood with those headlamps.

I think it could be similar, however after viewing the new Fusion it looks like Ford has done a good job with making them look quite different. I will be interested to see how the MKZ looks. I don't have any issues with rebadging as long as the outcome results in cars with different, distinct styling, and they don't go re-badge crazy like GM appears to be doing so with the Lambda.

I think it could be similar, however after viewing the new Fusion it looks like Ford has done a good job with making them look quite different. I will be interested to see how the MKZ looks. I don't have any issues with rebadging as long as the outcome results in cars with different, distinct styling, and they don't go re-badge crazy like GM appears to be doing so with the Lambda.

The Fusion and Milan may be re badges, but they have always effectively targeted very distinct customers. The GM re badges haven't done the same despite the fact each vehicles is more substantially differentiated.

Edited by BORG

The top hood area and side lines remind me of previous Altima, while the lights look a bit small for the large grill, which is what some others have stated, maybe previous Sonata in its disporportions...Dont see the rear be much different...overall more evolutionary than anything else but more sophisticated in execution.

I prefer the Milan to the Fusion, although I think the Fusion is sharp for it's customer. I'm definitely a Lincoln/Mercury lover, Ford design still doesn't represent my personal preferences.

The Milan is less expressive, always has been; but it's also a bit less trendy, more sophisticated, and it still has the best looking bum :).

The styling of the new Milan is ok to me. I feel the new front end is relatively unique and a very good departure from the current Milan. Where the new Milan falls short I my opinion is the rear end. The rear has not evolved/changed enough. I see a few new lines in the rear but overall it is extremely similar with the current Milan's rear end.

Overall though I have to say that I am fairly happy with the car, most people in the general public will see very few similarities between the new Milan and the old Milan. I like how the new Milan is able to pull of a classy and conservative look.

But I must say that the new Fusion is awesome looking.

The styling of the new Milan is ok to me. I feel the new front end is relatively unique and a very good departure from the current Milan. Where the new Milan falls short I my opinion is the rear end. The rear has not evolved/changed enough. I see a few new lines in the rear but overall it is extremely similar with the current Milan's rear end.

Overall though I have to say that I am fairly happy with the car, most people in the general public will see very few similarities between the new Milan and the old Milan. I like how the new Milan is able to pull of a classy and conservative look.

But I must say that the new Fusion is awesome looking.

I would withhold final judgment on the Fusion until the new rear fascia is revealed. Personally I think it's a poorer design than the outgoing model, and certainly much weaker than the largely carried over Milan (which has some brilliant looking LED lamps).

The headlights look far too small compared to the grille. There are weird open spaces on the front and rear fascias that are void of any character. It just doesn't look very cohesive to me.

That's what I thought too.....the grille needs to be slightly smaller, while the headlights should be slightly larger.

It does look like a current Fusion with a mercury grill. That was my first impression as well.

And the new Fusion kinda has a similar shape front end/grille area as the current Milan.

That's what I thought too.....the grille needs to be slightly smaller, while the headlights should be slightly larger.

And the new Fusion kinda has a similar shape front end/grille area as the current Milan.

They really don't evoke the original designs of either car unless you simply look at the lines and not the whole picture.

I really like the fascia with the broad and cleanly sculpted surfaces, it really makes an impression and stands out as something original and new. I guarantee you this will not blend in like the current Milan. And I really like that white on this car! I never thought I'd like a white car, but the new metallic whites are looking really good this year (I hate White chocolate and all those Ivory whites).

The order guide for the Milan mentioned something about Dual Function Projector Headlamps, I'm not sure what that means, but the Fusion doesn't list this as a feature. I have to dig up my e-mails at work but I really don't really want to (hates reading his work e-mail at home).

Edited by BORG

They really don't evoke the original designs of either car unless you simply look at the lines and not the whole picture.

I really like the fascia with the broad and cleanly sculpted surfaces, it really makes an impression and stands out as something original and new. I guarantee you this will not blend in like the current Milan. And I really like that white on this car! I never thought I'd like a white car, but the new metallic whites are looking really good this year (I hate White chocolate and all those Ivory whites).

The order guide for the Milan mentioned something about Dual Function Projector Headlamps, I'm not sure what that means, but the Fusion doesn't list this as a feature. I have to dig up my e-mails at work but I really don't really want to (hates reading his work e-mail at home).

I was thinking more along the lines of how the new Fusion now has the more horizontal look (where the current Milan has that sort of look) and now the new Milan has the stacked, more upright headlights (where the current Fusion had that sort of look).

That said, I don't think it's bad looking, I like it. My only thought is as mentioned above, the proportions of the grille and headlights.

It could be something different, but my guess is Dual Function Projector Headlamps means that there is one projector, which serves as both the low and high beams. I know our BMW has one projector that is both high and low beams.