Consumer Reports Gives Ford Thumbs Up

Any chance that we can get someone to list the Ford 'Truck Based' models that CR says are not reliable?

According to Consumer Reports Online, the '04 F-150 (V8 4wd), '03-'05 Expedition (4wd), '02-'04 + '06 Explorer, '05 F-250 2wd turbo diesel, '03 + '05-'06 F-250 4wd turbo diesel, and the '06 Econoline are found to be not reliable and recommend you avoid them.

According to Consumer Reports Online, the '04 F-150 (V8 4wd), '03-'05 Expedition (4wd), '02-'04 + '06 Explorer, '05 F-250 2wd turbo diesel, '03 + '05-'06 F-250 4wd turbo diesel, and the '06 Econoline are found to be not reliable and recommend you avoid them.

Hmmm... I own two of those. The Truck has been mechanically flawless. The Explorer not so much (those damn transmissions!). I've had essentially the entire drive line, from the motor back replaced at some point (transmission, differential, drive shaft(s), and hubs) as well as the window regulators, the driver seat motor, the ac system and the radio. Still love it though- especially the warranties that never have a chance to run out before the part is replaced again. :doh:

fixed it for yah :shades:

Yes, it's true that many people who rely on CR don't know shee-ite from Shinola when it comes to cars, but in today's cars-as-appliances environment it IS important when they say good things about particular cars or brands. Ford needs to sell to the "ignorant", as well as the informed, the fanboys and the enthusiasts. So, I say this is a good thing all around.

It's also true that CR is at least halfway objective, unlike C&D which essentially just makes things up in their comparison tests.

Yes, it's true that many people who rely on CR don't know shee-ite from Shinola when it comes to cars, but in today's cars-as-appliances environment it IS important when they say good things about particular cars or brands. Ford needs to sell to the "ignorant", as well as the informed, the fanboys and the enthusiasts. So, I say this is a good thing all around.

It's also true that CR is at least halfway objective, unlike C&D which essentially just makes things up in their comparison tests.

Agreed.

There's a lot of CR bashing on here.....until they upgraded Ford's rating LOL. I still take them with a grain of salt.

But, since CR is one of the leading sources of reliability it needs to be taken seriously.

Yesterday I got a scanner/printer for a birthday present, and I was told "It is top rated by CONSUMER REPORT."

It carries a lot of weight with a lot of comsumers! Most people don't have the time to investigate for themselves....they just look it up on CR.