If GM, Ford, and Chrysler....

coupe3w

go broke what car company would you switch to? :reading:

Don't worry Nancy is coming to town with a big check book.... 13M jobs is too big of economic failure, maybe bigger than AIG.

Your just watching a big game of poker play out. However, I would not buy any stock at this point. I bought in at $3.50 and will bust before the hand is over.

The GOVERNMENT will eventually be the winner, shareholders losers. They will hold warrants which take precedence over common stock. Also, remember we have mortgaged the next 10 year earnings...

No pie for the common share holder.

Edited by F150 Man

Lux, Infiniti has my eye. Truck, well, Nissan over Toyota, just to keep Toyota honest (that, and they'll likely have the remains of Dodge trucks anyway). Non-Lux, I'd be looking for anything that I could find that was still manufactured here. That kind of limits me, but, I'm ok with the Sonata and it'll likely be all I could afford anyway.

If they go bankrupt, that does not mean that they will stop producing cars and trucks. Just that they will not have to pay their creditors off! Sort of like United, and a whole lot of airlines. Except American Airlines. They never declared bankruptcy. They all declared bankruptcy and kept on flying. Look at International Harvester, they went bankrupt. Didn't stop em for a day, they kept on working.

Wife asked the same question, my answer was old fords. If they go under don't expect to drive a new vehicle again. Jap shit is not allowed in my driveway. period!

I know this was bait to get people riled up, and shit like this works. Why would half of you go buy veh from the very companies that used a biased playing field to take out your own team????? WTF?? And you've already got another company in mind?? That's like saying if you and your wife of 30yr's break up who would you go after? And you have a ready response "oh her over there".

Very loyal indeed.

ps, to all those that will come back in attack mode, kiss my ass.

Wife asked the same question, my answer was old fords. If they go under don't expect to drive a new vehicle again. Jap shit is not allowed in my driveway. period!

I know this was bait to get people riled up, and shit like this works. Why would half of you go buy veh from the very companies that used a biased playing field to take out your own team????? WTF?? And you've already got another company in mind?? That's like saying if you and your wife of 30yr's break up who would you go after? And you have a ready response "oh her over there".

Very loyal indeed.

Just one question for you: Have you not bought a new television since Zenith was bought out also? You're really missing out on the world of high-definition.

There's a new compassionate conservative bailout plan in the offing;

Mr. Bush said he “figured it would be a lot more compassionately conservative to give all these people a new Chevy Avalanche, Chrysler Crossfire or Ford Expedition, which all retail at around $40,000. We could buy one of these high-quality, union-made vehicles for each of the 588,000 D.C. residents, and throw in the federal employees for good measure. Heck, I could even take a train load of them home to Crawford with me in January.”

“When foreigners, like the Chinese, come to visit our nation’s capital,” said Mr. Bush, “they’ll see nothing but brand spanking new American cars and it will fill them with confidence so that they’ll want to loan us more cash to keep our government afloat.”

A spokesman for General Motors said that, “While the president’s plan looks good on paper, he hasn’t taken into account the fact that our dealers in the D.C. metro area would have to service all those new cars. Just taking care of the massive amount of warranty work from the normal manufacturers’ defects would be an unbearable burden. We’d have gridlock in every shop in the region.”

“With all due respect to the president,” the GM source said, “the U.S. auto industry doesn’t need to move more inventory. We just need cash to cover the losses on the cars that we’ve already produced, because our union contracts ensure that our cost structure is completely unrelated to our production volume, sales figures, or profit margins.”

i would buy old fords, if i need something new it would be german. never ever will buy a jap or korean car again, had too much issues with the ones i had.

My first thought for a new car was BMW or Mercedes, but in the end they just cost so much and replacement parts can be outrageous.

If EVERYONE went out?

Hmm... I'd go Nissan/Infiniti. Probably lease an Audi one time to be different in the world of German engineering. :)

As for trucks, I'd get a used one (Ford or Chevy... depends which exact one I liked better) and keep it forever, since the truck that my dad bought used and then gave to my grandfather still doesn't have 100K on it (and it was an '88 model).

Very loyal indeed.

I'm a Ford Truck and Stang fan. The rest of their lineup I've never been impressed with. As to why I stated any used Ford truck I could find. When it comes to cars, I've never had an issue with a Nissan in my life, well except their dealer service depts. So it's not that I have my eye on someone/something else, this is how I've always been. Nissan cars and Ford trucks rule in my immediate family.

So I'm loyal in my own way to Ford. But will admit, Ford has been impressing me with some of their cars of late.