Final Teaser

BORG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain elements are turning me off, while others look kind of exciting.

Same here....I personally don't like how the center section of the trunk lid appears to have a slight curvature to it, while the taillight lens right next to it does not have that same curvature.

I suppose I can understand why they did it that way (and I will, of course, wait until I see the car in person to fully decide whether I like it or not) but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Let's just say, based on what I see here, I probably wouldn't have done it that way.

Edited by rmc523

Same here....I personally don't like how the center section of the trunk lid appears to have a slight curvature to it, while the taillight lens right next to it does not have that same curvature.

I suppose I can understand why they did it that way (and I will, of course, wait until I see the car in person to fully decide whether I like it or not) but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Let's just say, based on what I see here, I probably wouldn't have done it that way.

That was my same exact (unposted) gripe. The last gen Taurus had the same tail lamp to trunk discordance and it always drove me nuts.

picture3yt4.png

That was my same exact (unposted) gripe. The last gen Taurus had the same tail lamp to trunk discordance and it always drove me nuts.

picture3yt4.png

It just looks a little odd to me, and I'd be interested to read/hear a Ford designer's reasoning behind doing that. Again though, I'll wait to see it in person before fully deciding how I feel about it.

On another note, we now know that it's a reverse camera in the spoiler.

Edited by rmc523

I'm not impressed that you post at a Ferarri chat site. BFD.

I have no idea what your photoshop abilities are with MS Paint without you posting something.

You're the one being critical and claim you could have done better. PROVE it.

I don't post at ferrarichat.

Been there, done that, have the shirt. General Motors made millions off of my pride, and I was only fourteen at the time. I had my split-cycle engine design stolen out of a display at an engineering competition when I was a junior in high school. Then there was... etc. etc. etc. If you think I could [still] be so stupid to share my ideas in, of all places, a forum frequented by employees of a major automobile manufacturer, then evidently I have portrayed myself as a dunce.

In any case, I penned my final design on the last day of my grandfather's life. I destroyed the rest of my portfolio shortly after when I lost the only woman I ever loved. I have no intentions of ever designing anything to do with transportation ever again. There are simply too many fields in need of innovation to force myself to indulge in an art-form which I associate with so much emotional pain.

Edited by Versa-Tech

A little bit back on topic:

I was worried about the tail lights upon seeing them undereath the camo...but they are looking good and are nicely detailed.

I think the trunk on the Mustang (and the Taurus) work well. Pickup trucks used to do this alot (and the new F-150). I think it gives it a tougher look without over complicating the back by having weird shaped lenses to make the transition.

The shape gives off a Porshe 928 vibe. one of my fav (non-ford) cars as a kid.

Edited by BigBadBflo

I was speaking stylistically. I could have designed a better exterior with microsoft paint. The interior was equally gross. Helen Keller could have done better.

Your opinions. I completely disagree with them, but you are entitled.

I find the 96-98's to be some of the better looking of all Mustangs, ESPECIALLY the interior. Yes, the materials leave much to be desired and the ergonomics such as the shift handle location and narrowness of the foot wells is a bit off, but stylistically, I love the "dual pod" look to them. They also hold up extremely well compared to any other Mustang interior I've encountered (too early to tell on the S197's yet). There is very little superficial trim thrown into the SN95's interior that is prone to breaking or peeling or fading.

Been there, done that, have the shirt. General Motors made millions off of my pride, and I was only fourteen at the time. I had my split-cycle engine design stolen out of a display at an engineering competition when I was a junior in high school. Then there was... etc. etc. etc. If you think I could [still] be so stupid to share my ideas in, of all places, a forum frequented by employees of a major automobile manufacturer, then evidently I have portrayed myself as a dunce.

In any case, I penned my final design on the last day of my grandfather's life. I destroyed the rest of my portfolio shortly after when I lost the only woman I ever loved. I have no intentions of ever designing anything to do with transportation ever again. There are simply too many fields in need of innovation to force myself to indulge in an art-form which I associate with so much emotional pain.

For what ever reason, I find this extremely hard to believe.

All I see is :blah:

JMHO.

Call Dr. Phil.

So... You don't post on Ferrarichat, but they regularly critique your renderings... WTF

:finger: Bashed...

People critique my work all of the time over at ferrarichat :finger:

:hysterical: What renderings? :hysterical:

Okay, so people over at ferrarichat critique your work all the time.

But you don't post at ferrarichat.

So are you trying to imply that you design products for Ferrari? :hysterical:

Think like chiefstang stated, you may need to contact Dr. Phil and get your head examined.

Edited by V8-X

Okay, so people over at ferrarichat critique your work all the time.

But you don't post at ferrarichat.

So are you trying to imply that you design products for Ferrari? :hysterical:

Think like chiefstang stated, you may need to contact Dr. Phil and get your head examined.

No, I once designed cars for beautiful women. Are you trying to imply that Ferrari designs it's own cars :hysterical:

In any case, I have had my head examined. I am very mentally unstable. I don't think Dr. Phil could handle my issues :shades:

Back on topic folks, or I'm closing this down.

Topic. Topic... Oh yeah, the Mustang! Sorry. :banghead:

Sure it's old news, but figure I'll give everybody a reminder to tune in to Speed TV at 11:00 Tues. for the early Mustang unveil. Can't wait to see the whole car all polished up and such. :happy feet:

Topic. Topic... Oh yeah, the Mustang! Sorry. :banghead:

Sure it's old news, but figure I'll give everybody a reminder to tune in to Speed TV at 11:00 Tues. for the early Mustang unveil. Can't wait to see the whole car all polished up and such. :happy feet:

Barker Hanger, Santa Monica....TOMMOROW! ye-hah!

I can't make it unfortunately,...all I know is photos / stats etc WILL be released.........any guess's?..........325hp is mine, 6 speed manuals and Autos......

325 sounds about right. I think the six speeds are wishful thinking this year, but who knows.

After the recent Raptor bombshell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford have a surprise up their sleeve. Looks like skunkworks are the order again.

Hey, didn't I read somewhere that SVT got it's start as a skunkworks project in an abandoned airplane hangar? Anybody know if this is right, and if so, where was that hangar?

Edited by chiefstang

325 sounds about right. I think the six speeds are wishful thinking this year, but who knows.

After the recent Raptor bombshell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford have a surprise up their sleeve. Looks like skunkworks are the order again.

im going wild here and calling...

Boss 302 special edition to come out 6 months after launch

i know, wishful thinking