Do laid off workers still get 95% pay?

What crack pipe have you been smoking? I know when I am laid off I take at least a $225 dollar hit for every week I am off. Yeah add that up over a month and it starts to suck real freaking bad.

Where does your check come from when laid off - unemployment comp, the union, or the company?

So how much is it then?

Everything I've read is that a laid off worker receives a combination of what's known as SUB pay and unemployment for 48 weeks before they move into the jobs bank. My guess is that this includes benefits, because there'd be no continuity between the lay-off and entry into the Jobs Bank.

Once in the Jobs Bank, it's full pay (or 95% depending on who you ask) plus benefits where the worker can decline up to 4 offers at other facilities without dismissal. I've also read that this idle time is limited to 2 years (as of last contract agreement), but I've found no more than one source for this, so I don't know if it's true or not.

This is all based on information from various news articles I've read, so until an autoworker either refutes or corroborates, then take it for what it is.

What crack pipe have you been smoking? I know when I am laid off I take at least a $225 dollar hit for every week I am off. Yeah add that up over a month and it starts to suck real freaking bad.

Gee, when hundreds of Ford salaried worked were "let go" a couple of months ago they lost 100% of their pay and benefits and were told that they could never work for Ford in any capacity ever again ! The next 10% to go will get the same treatment.

I have a friend who was a Ford salaried employee for over 20 years when he was let go. He has not been able to get a job in the Metro Detroit for almost 2 years.

Walk a mile in his moccasins !!

Here's the key; you're sitting around. Try getting a job that pays 225 per week. It SHOULDN'T be that hard. If you really can't find one around you, move. This is pretty much how the whole country was settled.

Gee, when hundreds of Ford salaried worked were "let go" a couple of months ago they lost 100% of their pay and benefits and were told that they could never work for Ford in any capacity ever again ! The next 10% to go will get the same treatment.

I have a friend who was a Ford salaried employee for over 20 years when he was let go. He has not been able to get a job in the Metro Detroit for almost 2 years.

Walk a mile in his moccasins !!

To keep on cutting salary employees, and not get rid of the jobs bank is :censored::banghead:

Everything I've read is that a laid off worker receives a combination of what's known as SUB pay and unemployment for 48 weeks before they move into the jobs bank. My guess is that this includes benefits, because there'd be no continuity between the lay-off and entry into the Jobs Bank.

Once in the Jobs Bank, it's full pay (or 95% depending on who you ask) plus benefits where the worker can decline up to 4 offers at other facilities without dismissal. I've also read that this idle time is limited to 2 years (as of last contract agreement), but I've found no more than one source for this, so I don't know if it's true or not.

This is all based on information from various news articles I've read, so until an autoworker either refutes or corroborates, then take it for what it is.

So when all these plants are idled, Ford has to pay money NOT to build any cars or trucks. Now that's how you run a business into the ground. I am not trying to offend some of you that enjoy these perks, but you have to be real here, it's way over the top given the situation.

Wrong.

I already told you.

Nonya.

Why not? Afraid your going to get torn apart if you do, because you already know you have something "good" going on?

Not giving an answer already reinforces the hard feelings people have about UAW workers...you don't have to give out personal numbers either...

Why not? Afraid your going to get torn apart if you do, because you already know you have something "good" going on?

Not giving an answer already reinforces the hard feelings people have about UAW workers...you don't have to give out personal numbers either...

What is your hourly wage, where do you work, and list all of your benefits. List all that with a phone number I can verify the information, preferably your boss, and I will tell you anything you want to know. Hell, I'll mail you a copy of the contract.

Am I afraid I'm going to get torn apart? No. I just believe that my compensation, like yours, is nonyafucinbusiness.

Edited by Pioneer

OK, now give us the facts.

Link to article

Chrysler officials, who asked to not be identified, said cuts deemed volume-related do benefit employees. The employees idled this week are eligible for 48 weeks of supplemental unemployment benefits, and if there are still no jobs for them at the end of the period, they will move into the Jobs Bank for up to two years while drawing 95 percent of their regular pay.

OK, now give us the facts.

Link to another article

GM details new UAW contract

DETROIT — General Motors (GM) will pay $31.9 billion to fund a union-run health care trust to pay for hourly retiree medical expenses, the automaker said Monday as it detailed its new four-year contract with the United Auto Workers, ratified by members last week.

Also Monday, local union leaders voted to recommend approval of a tentative four-year agreement between the UAW and Chrysler, setting up a membership vote on that contract, UAW President Ron Gettelfinger said.

CHRYSLER CONTRACT: Local UAW leaders approve tentative deal

GM's contribution to the health care trust amounts to 68% of its retiree health care tab of $47 billion. The trust enables GM to move a significant debt off its books. The automaker doesn't expect the trust to be active until 2010.

The new contract also includes:

•Two-tier wages. GM will be allowed to hire certain workers at 50% of what other hourly workers make. The new workers will perform "non-core" jobs, such as parts processing, unlike assembly workers, who build the cars.

These workers will also have to pay more toward health care and will have a different pension plan. They will earn about $25 an hour including benefits, compared with the higher-paid workers, who will continue to make about $60 an hour including benefits.

•No wage increases. For the first time since 1982, the new contract does not increase the base pay of hourly workers. Pay increases come in the form of bonuses. Cost-of-living allowances are cut by two-thirds, GM said.

•New jobs bank provisions. The jobs bank, which pays workers even when they have no work, remains. But workers will no longer be allowed to indefinitely stay in the jobs bank. Workers can stay for two years, but they must take a job if one is offered to them at a plant within 50 miles. They are given four chances to take a job more than 50 miles away; after that, they lose their job.

Chrysler would contribute $10.3 billion to a retiree health care fund, according to a UAW booklet of contract highlights obtained by the Associated Press. The booklet says the contract also will provide $10,235 in gains for each worker over the life of the agreement. GM's contract promised workers $13,056 in gains.

The voice vote approving the tentative Chrysler agreement came after a four-hour meeting at which national bargaining committee members explained the deal to several hundred local leaders. "Anytime that you go into a council, anybody can raise their hand and raise any issue they want," Gettelfinger said after the meeting. "A lot of people are concerned about a particular issue that impacts them."

"It was not unanimous, but it was a big vote for it," said Ross Rushing from Local 72 in Kenosha, Wis., who said he was satisfied with the deal.

The UAW now moves on to negotiations with Ford Motor. Gettelfinger said he had been negotiating with Ford as recently as Friday. "We're continuing to work with them now. They're combing through the agreement, obviously, at Chrysler, and we're getting ready to start up," Gettelfinger said.

Edited by RangerM