2010 Fusion/Milan/MKZ Unveiling

BORG

I'm no fan of the back bumper either. Too weird.

As to the flat black center console, it would be danged expensive to cover that with any legit material, so I dunno, at least it's plastic being plastic, instead of plastic pretending to be aluminum, wood, etc.

It's not so much the material of the console that gets me. It's more the lack of any interesting detail. It's just a flat area with tidy rows of identically shaped buttons and knobs. Throw a little interest in there. Make the rows of buttons taper in size/shape or give the underlying panel some dimension. Something. Anything.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so much the material of the console that gets me. It's more the lack of any interesting detail. It's just a flat area with tidy rows of identically shaped buttons and knobs. Throw a little interest in there. Make the rows of buttons taper in size/shape or give the underlying panel some dimension. Something. Anything.

Agreed. It just looks very dull and plain --no visual interest.

I'm hoping better pics surface. The harsh flash on these may be making it look worse than it is.

I think the console is ok. I don't see a 'We want to be Lexus' design in it (and it seems like everyone wants to be like Lexus lately).

All in all, the interior is an improvement. I love the 5 speakers under the back window.

I see your point....

I guess I'm much more 'does it do what I want it to do?' with that kind of stuff. Adding funky design elements (that don't compromise function) just seems like a 'meh?' move. It wouldn't do anything for me.

After seeing some real world photos, the MKZ looks quite nice, but the lighting effect of the tail lamps looks suspect, I'd like to see more. The Fusion looks fantastic in real life, while the Milan looks really familiar.

I am shocked and disappointed to see the MKZ adopting the ice blue lighting instead of the white. Still, I'd definitely buy one in two years :).

The Taurus is coming in Detroit I believe, which I am REALLY looking forward to! If it weren't such a bad time, this is a great time to be a Ford watcher.

Edited by BORG

After seeing some real world photos, the MKZ looks quite nice, but the lighting effect of the tail lamps looks suspect, I'd like to see more. The Fusion looks fantastic in real life, while the Milan looks really familiar.

I am shocked and disappointed to see the MKZ adopting the ice blue lighting instead of the white. Still, I'd definitely buy one in two years :).

The Taurus is coming in Detroit I believe, which I am REALLY looking forward to! If it weren't such a bad time, this is a great time to be a Ford watcher.

detroit or chicago ..

Igor

I think the console is ok. I don't see a 'We want to be Lexus' design in it (and it seems like everyone wants to be like Lexus lately).

Well that is not necessarily a bad thing, as they seem to be the bench mark or close to it in any automotive circle.

The back end to me is strange-may take some getting used to and need to see in person. The front end to me looks very dull-the least changed of the bunch.

No push button start-same center console that we are going to see on every Ford for the next 3 years (typical fashion-drives me nuts) and nothing to exciting have me kind of disappointed.

The fusion looks a little more updated-the Sport model looks like a winner-I could care less about the Milan-does anybody even purchase Mercury products.

I know this was a mid cycle freshening but it has been out 4 years-are we going to wait another 4 years for an update???? Sure the hell hope not-my money on this segment is on the Mazda 6.

I know this was a mid cycle freshening but it has been out 4 years-are we going to wait another 4 years for an update???? Sure the hell hope not-my money on this segment is on the Mazda 6.

The mazda 6 gets destroyed by everybody(mid size family car class) fuel economy wise. And its not even the fastest of them. Its not the most innovative either. The CD3 twins with their sync, the mercury semi-luxury items, and their hybrid options are the most technologically advanced/innovative in the class. There is just too much good competition for the 6 to come out on top when all it has going for it over others is styling(and thats subjective).

Edited by Talisman

Well that is not necessarily a bad thing, as they seem to be the bench mark or close to it in any automotive circle.

The back end to me is strange-may take some getting used to and need to see in person. The front end to me looks very dull-the least changed of the bunch.

No push button start-same center console that we are going to see on every Ford for the next 3 years (typical fashion-drives me nuts) and nothing to exciting have me kind of disappointed.

The fusion looks a little more updated-the Sport model looks like a winner-I could care less about the Milan-does anybody even purchase Mercury products.

3 years - 2013 is all new merged with mondeo - it is one year late, because Fusion aligned itself with the mondeo schedule.

Igor

THE MKZ HAS ARRIVED!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/19/la-2008...n-mkz-unveiled/

The rear looks funky, I don't like that bumper at all.

I love the new interior and exterior. Hopefully this will replace my Zephyr soon. Only complaint is the keypad. Why is it still bulging out of the door? Where is the 2nd generation version the MKS has?