Part of the reason the public is anti-UAW...

I did some searches of this website to learn more about the member "mnm". I don't understand why the moderators of this site have allowed him to remain. Here are some examples of his vitriol toward other members of BOF:

i hope on christmas eve when he is with his family, he grabs his chest and falls face first into his christmas tree withh a massive, fatal heart attack. really, i do

noone cares what you think. i hope you find out you have colon cancer next week. it would be funny :hysterical:

what a cunt you are. i hope your house burns down on christmas eve.

what a cunt you are. in every thread on here. as a UAW member, i'd rather see this ship sink, than ... i'm not a bitch-like you.

Here are some of the things he has revealed about his identity:

1. He is 34 years old.

2. Worked at Ford for 14 years.

3. He is a UAW member (Local 420?).

4. He works at the Walton Hills Stamping in Ohio: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=7845+Northfield+Road+ohio&sll=37.0625,-95.67706 8&sspn=46.27475,78.925781&ie=UTF8&ll=41.354021,-81.523318&spn=0.010776,0.019269&t=h&z=16&g=7845+ Northfield+Road+ohio://http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp...field+Road+ohio

5. He drives a 2003 Focus ZX5 or a Mazda 5.

6. He never graduated college.

7. His family skis in the winter and mountain bikes in the summer.

8. His grandfather is deceased.

9. He eats McDonalds chicken sandwiches without mayonnaise.

10. He stamps parts for the Ford Econoline.

Can anyone add to this list?

I did some searches of this website to learn more about the member "mnm". I don't understand why the moderators of this site have allowed him to remain. Here are some examples of his vitriol toward other members of BOF:

Here are some of the things he has revealed about his identity:

1. He is 34 years old.

2. Worked at Ford for 14 years.

3. He is a UAW member (Local 420?).

4. He works at the Walton Hills Stamping in Ohio: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=7845+Northfield+Road+ohio&sll=37.0625,-95.67706 8&sspn=46.27475,78.925781&ie=UTF8&ll=41.354021,-81.523318&spn=0.010776,0.019269&t=h&z=16&g=7845+ Northfield+Road+ohio://http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&...field+Road+ohio://http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp...field+Road+ohio

5. He drives a 2003 Focus ZX5 or a Mazda 5.

6. He never graduated college.

7. His family skis in the winter and mountain bikes in the summer.

8. His grandfather is deceased.

9. He eats McDonalds chicken sandwiches without mayonnaise.

10. He stamps parts for the Ford Econoline.

Can anyone add to this list?

It appears that he enjoys conversing with "cunts".

The moderators are already aware of him, because they deleted the thread I started where he threatened me. I think they were trying to protect him by hiding what he said. I fully expect them to block my account instead of his, because he is a UAW member and I am not.

Edited by mazda626

The moderators are already aware of him, because they deleted the thread I started where he threatened me. I think they were trying to protect him by hiding what he said. I fully expect them to block my account instead of his, because he is a UAW member and I am not.

you know what man-i didnt mean to threaten you, if i did, i'm sorry. i do apologise. and your search of my posts made me realize that this site does nothing but angers me and makes me say awful things to people. so im done with it. im out. and 626 i am being sincere, i really am sorry for saying what i said to you.

FYI: None of the moderators, nor the owner of this site are members of the UAW. The only things we really react to are REPORTED posts. If you don't report it to us, there isn't much we can do, as we don't and can't read every thread on the board (especially those in the employee forums).

Your previous thread was closed because it wasn't necessary, not because we were burying anything. This one looks like it will be closed just the same.

Had we been aware of those other posts you so kindly displayed, we would have acted sooner. Let's now see if mnm sticks to his guns and no longer shows up. If there are any other problems, use the REPORT button and the problem will be addressed.

Thanks.

its things like the 34million dollar golf course in upstate michigan the uaw owns that is so expensive no average uaw member can even go..yea..they look out for there members...NOT

I could be wrong but I think union dues automatically give them a membership, so if they have a set of clubs, they can go to the course.

first, if youre still using the term "union bosses" youre an idiot. second, what right does this fuckin reporter have to stalk and film a private citizen? a government worker? ok i'll give him that. but whose business is it other than Ford's where it's employees are?

As a ford stock holder and purchiser of Ford products since the 1940's., I'd damn well say it is my concern.

And by the way, the anti-union feeling is being feeded by the media. Guess who the media works for? The big corporations. Guess what those don't want anymore, in order to make more profit? Unions. Guess why there was something about UAW concessions in the governement bailout? Because the republican party loves those same big corporations, and they want to make the unions disappear. Think about it.. This ain't any conspiration thoughts, this is simple logic. There are INTERESTS at play.. you probably know that people do things for their interests right?

Way off mark here in some respects.

There are many papers that are union, too -- such as The Seattle Times company network of papers.

It also has been shown in many many studies that most media members are lefty, meaning they aren't following the Republican rank and file - indeed they often detest it.

I could hear you out on what the modern newsreporter feels about union workers making bigger bucks than them, though, when reporters work on intellectual creations whereas the auto plant builder is doing (intensive) manual labor. It's the old brain vs. brawn / nerd vs. jock argument. (Depending on who they are and whether they aren't just phoning it in [cough, cough, competitor paper of mine] ).

Anyhow, I'm interested in hearing your additional thoughts on this.

Edited by Roadrunner

Journalism often involves reporting facts that some might not want known. After watching Kevin Dietz's story I have a more complete version of the truth about labour costs. I know this was not typical behavior of UAW union members, but it does cut through some of the rhetoric regarding productivity.

Conversely, I don't trust large corporations to live up to their obligations to pay pensions. My father loyally worked 32 years for General Electric, and they laid him off when he reached 55 simply because they wanted to pay less in pension benefits. Obviously the D3 want out of their obligations to retired UAW members, and this is why we are hearing so much propaganda lately, and the resurgence of this story.

Edited by mazda626