ford seeks it's own deal

jm2607

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let`s see what the facts are first.Sacrifice should be across the board,meaning salaried and retiree`s as well.If the concessions are reasonable,I understand the economic situation is fragile.Then let`s make some great product and get back to kickin ass.Marketing and vehicle sales.Those are the two most important things

Retirees should not be touched. They did their job and retired with what they have. No reason to touch them. That would truly be unfair.

Legacy costs are the main problem.Why should someone earning $14 an hour be required to support a retireed person who`s pension is more than $14 an hour?We ALL do our job!We should ALL sacrifice.

Edited by Fatso

Legacy costs are the main problem.Why should someone earning $14 an hour be required to support a retireed person who`s pension is more than $14 an hour?We ALL do our job!We should ALL sacrifice.

Screw you Fatso! Those retirees paid for the retirees ahead of them too! Leave the retirees alone, along with future retirees!

Hey Fatso that sounds great now but it won't sound so great when you retire and are having trouble making ends meet with your pension and trying to cough up major co-payments for medical expenses should it go that way. We need to protect our future. The low tier people should know what they're supporting when they come in and decide whether they want to work here or not. No one gets forced to work here. Hell, they're knocking down the doors trying to get these $14 jobs. The days of jobs like the ones we have are gone so lets try to protect what we have while we can!

Hey Fatso that sounds great now but it won't sound so great when you retire and are having trouble making ends meet with your pension and trying to cough up major co-payments for medical expenses should it go that way. We need to protect our future. The low tier people should know what they're supporting when they come in and decide whether they want to work here or not. No one gets forced to work here. Hell, they're knocking down the doors trying to get these $14 jobs. The days of jobs like the ones we have are gone so lets try to protect what we have while we can!

When I what?If I was retireed I would give back $25 a week.So hire someone at 'cooley wages' with the clear understanding that they will always be 'second class'and make them pay?Anyways,I will tell you this,,,,LEGACY COSTS ARE THE MAIN PROBLEM and one day all those $14 an hour people will be the ones who are RUNNING THE PLANTS and have all the leverage.

Edited by Fatso

The reason Ford`s average wage per hour is so much greater than the transplants is because of Legacy Costs.That problem is not going to be solved easily.All I am suggesting is that we share any concession`s given back across the board.One last bit of advice,,,,,do NOT rely solely on Ford Motor pension benefits.Take responsibility for your own financial security.Contribute to TESPHE and invest and save and live within your means.You don`t want to touch the current retiree`s and SER people,,,,okay.Then would you be willing to give up 30 and out?

Edited by Fatso

When I what?If I was retireed I would give back $25 a week.So hire someone at 'cooley wages' with the clear understanding that they will always be 'second class'and make them pay?Anyways,I will tell you this,,,,LEGACY COSTS ARE THE MAIN PROBLEM and one day all those $14 an hour people will be the ones who are RUNNING THE PLANTS and have all the leverage.

Everyone knows that legacy costs are an issue. But lets not forget the reason you have all the benefits and wages you have are from those same retirees!! Legacy costs are only an issue because Toyota and the other foreign companies have no legacy costs, so you are comparing apples and oranges!

Everyone knows that legacy costs are an issue. But lets not forget the reason you have all the benefits and wages you have are from those same retirees!! Legacy costs are only an issue because Toyota and the other foreign companies have no legacy costs, so you are comparing apples and oranges!

Thank you for acknowledging that 'Legacy Costs' are a current problem to the financial results of Ford Motor Company.Now take emotion out of the equation and tell me,,,,what is the solution?

Edited by Fatso

I think VEBA has to do with providing health care to retiree`s and it is considered a help to the Company.Look I do not like concession`s either.If concession`s are necessary then realistically,everyone who is involved should contribute something.That is all I am saying.We need some more sales.Which reminds me of my neighbor who is a UAW/Ford retiree who brags about his Honda Odyssey.Oh that`s right,,,leave emotion out of it,,,sorry.

Edited by Fatso

Screw you Fatso! Those retirees paid for the retirees ahead of them too! Leave the retirees alone, along with future retirees!

So no retirees should make sacrifices, and neither should future retirees? Who does that leave?

Are you saying that no one should make sacrifices, or just that sacrifices are OK, as long as it doesn't effect you?

The retirees already paid their dues, just like we are paying ours now. If we make $30 an hour and our benefits cost another $10 an hour, where do you think our pension money comes from? The retires already paid for their pensions while they were working. If the company is complaining about legacy cost, shouldn't we be complaining about where the money went and not talking about which one of us should pay for it? Or what about the fact that congrress says "hey you can only put x amount of dollars into your companies pension fund", shouldn't we be confronting that?

So no retirees should make sacrifices, and neither should future retirees? Who does that leave?

Are you saying that no one should make sacrifices, or just that sacrifices are OK, as long as it doesn't effect you?

Yeah I know,,,and then they wonder why the UAW workers get a bad rap.Screw me anyways!

The retirees already paid their dues, just like we are paying ours now. If we make $30 an hour and our benefits cost another $10 an hour, where do you think our pension money comes from? The retires already paid for their pensions while they were working. If the company is complaining about legacy cost, shouldn't we be complaining about where the money went and not talking about which one of us should pay for it? Or what about the fact that congrress says "hey you can only put x amount of dollars into your companies pension fund", shouldn't we be confronting that?

I think the way it works is that current workers are paying for current retirees.That is why our cost per hour are inflated up to $73.You don`t want to disturb the retirees leisure time or disposable income,fine.Then what?Surrender 30 and out?If concessions are necessary then everyone should share in the burden.

Leave the retirees alone! Those of you who say cut their benefits and pay are really STUPID! If the benefits and pay are cut, then guess what? They WON"T be retiring which means no job openings for the younger generation! DUH! :finger:

Definitely screw fatso! those retirees struck for your sorry ass! You wouldnt be making the wages you do today! You should be called FUCKSO not FATSO!

I think VEBA has to do with providing health care to retiree`s and it is considered a help to the Company.Look I do not like concession`s either.If concession`s are necessary then realistically,everyone who is involved should contribute something.That is all I am saying.We need some more sales.Which reminds me of my neighbor who is a UAW/Ford retiree who brags about his Honda Odyssey.Oh that`s right,,,leave emotion out of it,,,sorry.

Hey if I had the solution I would be the million dollar man.! You should have a word or two with the retiree with the Honda. That is fuckin bullshit!!! Give him this>>> :finger: