sub fund and 3% bonus modification

dozerman

Do you seriously believe the company will be happy with these concessions. They want more, and wages and health care are next. It is just a matter of time before they get it with our spineless Union Officials.

I'm expecting they will be back for more blood next year if they don't show a profit (or close to it) in the meantime. Which of course they won't, due to the economy. The media and the wannabe experts seem to forget the name of the game is still selling vehicles.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting they will be back for more blood next year if they don't show a profit (or close to it) in the meantime. Which of course they won't, due to the economy. The media and the wannabe experts seem to forget the name of the game is still selling vehicles.

Who can afford them now a days. The focus is the only car under $25,000. They need to stop putting all these stupid options on these vehicles and make them affordable. Something in the neighborhood of $300.00 payments and not with $3597 down either

We were told today by our local union at LAP that these concessions concerning sub do not apply to Ford, GM & Chrysler only. We are losing 1 minute of break time, some holidays, cola will be frozen & whatever they agree to on the VEBA, he said we will not lose any sub pay. True? time will tell but thats what we were told by the local acting chairman. Our local is very good about info normally.

to the person from LAP totaly false!! you will lose sub pay.

if this is all we have to give up to make the government and company happy, so be it, its not bad, as long as they did not cut our healthcare any more and they did not touch the retirees or our pay, this is nothing that we can't get back when good times start again, which seem to be right around the corner. my vote is yes if that is all that is affecting us.

We have given and given and given.....I have heard the same speech about "getting it back when times are good" before also.... Name me ONE thing that we have given up and gotten back ???????? The Company was making record profits 15 years ago...and we were getting less and less of it. (they lowered our profit sharing % remember?) Then comes the last 10 years and each time the contract came up we heard how dire it was, so we gave in again. After we gave up a few raises and some COLAs and ratified, they came back and said "OH not enough, we need COAs" so we gave up almost ANY fucking hope of ever getting off the line(unless we are fortunate enough to be Trades) by giving up all of the cleanup, cutting some of the trades, reducing inspectors etc etc... That still wasnt enough so we gave up raises and COLA again this last contract, and lo and behold they are back again wanting more........ Fuck them I would rather go down standing tall than go down bent over... FUCK NO is my vote..and I am telling everyone I know to do the same. I have even went so far as to make a sign that says "Vote No" that I hang on my job...

if this is all we have to give up to make the government and company happy, so be it, its not bad, as long as they did not cut our healthcare any more and they did not touch the retirees or our pay, this is nothing that we can't get back when good times start again, which seem to be right around the corner. my vote is yes if that is all that is affecting us.
Thats CRAZY! We will never get these things back. Once JSP is gone and they can manage to COMPLETLY get rid of sub, the companies will see to it that we NEVER have those benefits again! VOTE NO!!

I've heard part of the same thing about the lump sum bonuses and sub; plus no more "pay in lieu" for vacation, no Christmas bonus, lose one week of vacation, and higher co-pays or deductibles.

exactly what I said 3 weeks ago what was going to happen... And Im was right about the bondholders also. There not taking less then the VEBA. Im related to a manager of a very prominate bond holder of GM bonds. This aint in no way over yet more is to come.

Well, my father in law, a retiree, got a letter yesterday. I'm picking it up this afternoon to scan it. It's about his VEBA. Apparently some dire warnings. Now, my father in law is a retiree as is my own father (since this December). I, personally, am willing to bite the bullet and give up part of my sub, take a wage cut, lose COLA, never see overtime again, etc. BUT THAT ALL GOES OUT THE DOOR IF EVEN ONE SINGLE RETIREE LOSES ONE GODDAMN DOLLAR IN THEIR PENSION OR MEDICAL BENEFITS! That is my position and it will remain unchanged. I know that this will not apply to everyone but, hey, the way I see it, for as hard as the retirees fought for our benefits and wages, the least I can do is make a stand, even a nominal one, to protect what they fought for! Those dickheads in the IUAW and the company managed to totally screw everything up and now those who went before, are here now and will come after will bear the brunt of it while these assholes go off into the sunset scott free! Unfreakinbelievable!

Mary,

My father is also a retiree, and I would not want to see him...or any retiree have any loss. The IUAW doesn't want to see that either. It is SHELBY, CORKER, the rest of those no good Republicans and Fox News that want to see that.

Please bestow the "dickheads" and "assholes" upon them..........and the company

Mary,

My father is also a retiree, and I would not want to see him...or any retiree have any loss. The IUAW doesn't want to see that either. It is SHELBY, CORKER, the rest of those no good Republicans and Fox News that want to see that.

Please bestow the "dickheads" and "assholes" upon them..........and the company

Level, I can appreciate your sentiment and believe me the correct word for Shelby, Corker and McConnell is TRAITOR to the American people. I'm not saying the IUAW is deliberate in their actions but nor do I believe we have the brightest and the best up there. I can give you some tremendous examples (Oblack, etc.). I have said that Gettelfinger is in an untenable position but that being said, I don't have a great deal of faith in his ability. You and I both know the reality of how people are advanced or promoted to the IUAW and it's rarely for their ability. Now that is not indicative of all people serving in the IUAW, just the majority. In your case, I feel the opposite is true but sometimes, kiddo, you're a lone voice in the wilderness.

I did a little math problem and maybe my figures are wrong but here it is.

$73.00 an hour( WE ALL KNOW THIS IS FALSE BUT I WANTED TO USE IT JUST TO MAKE MY POINT!)

X 2080 hrs in a 4o hr work week per year

=$151,840 Total wages per year per employee

x 34,000 Times the number of active hourly employees at Ford

=$5,162,560,000 The total annual hourly payroll at Ford

Using the above figures which we know are way to high I figure Ford has a little over 5 billion in hourly payroll each year. How much is the company loosing??? I think we could all work for free and they would still loose money!

Why don't they take away some of our hourly wages and keep sub??? How does the international make money? Yes 2 hours of pay a month. If you take away our hourly rate they loose money. So they will give everything else away so they can keep making money!

I know they fight for us and I'm 100% Union but I really think some of the guys up there have been away from the shop floor for to long. We need to keep sub and keep our reteries safe!!

The union gave up two of the four lump-sum bonuses due workers during the four-year contract, the source said.

Supplemental unemployment benefits also have been limited. Idled workers with more than 20 years of service can collect SUB pay for 52 weeks at the traditional 72 percent of take-home pay and another 52 weeks at half pay, the source said. Workers with less than 20 years get 72 percent SUB pay for 39 weeks and half pay for an additional 39 weeks, the source said.

Those SUB provisions are all that UAW members can get now that the Jobs Bank has been eliminated. The Jobs Bank was a program that guaranteed idled workers 95 percent of pay and full benefits indefinitely if no other job could be found for them

I'm voting no!

Hey dozerman, your article just pisses me off. You might fool some people, but the people from Nashville know how you and Bunch where going to play the system and not do a DAMN thing. I will say so far so good, but it will come back to bite you in the ASS. You had every oppurtunity to go to KCAP like everyone else, neverless you chose not to go. You could have even chosen to even go to Memphis, but you screwed around playing your little games and let that one slip by you. As far as I am concerned I hope Ford and the UAW give you some of your on medicine. Now that you are 50 the smart thing would be to see if you could get the 50 and 10 before you jack around and miss out on that one also. From now on keep your crying to yourself because not a DAMN person feels sorry for you.

I take it your skilled trades. This is just the tip of the iceburg, they said on the local news that the trades are going to take the biggest hit.

Give it another week when the details come out, I think you'll change your mind. :shades:

i am guessing we have hit the bottom of this recession, and if thats true, we really should not worry about losing sub as long as we don't have a paycut, retirement is not touched, and we keep our insurance. for some of you that keep saying your not gonna give nothing and your only vote is no,, need to wake up. Ford has taken care of us, where else are you gonna make what you are now? i did when i was on jsp, but i am trades with a degree, for most of you that are production, you gotta remember if this recession is not over and ford loses more, the hand out may be over when they have to cut jobs without buyouts then what? or do we want another event like the american axle disaster? think we all should wait for the details to come out and stop guessing whats changing when no one here has any proof to support any of these rumors.

i am guessing we have hit the bottom of this recession, and if thats true, we really should not worry about losing sub as long as we don't have a paycut, retirement is not touched, and we keep our insurance. for some of you that keep saying your not gonna give nothing and your only vote is no,, need to wake up. Ford has taken care of us, where else are you gonna make what you are now? i did when i was on jsp, but i am trades with a degree, for most of you that are production, you gotta remember if this recession is not over and ford loses more, the hand out may be over when they have to cut jobs without buyouts then what? or do we want another event like the american axle disaster? think we all should wait for the details to come out and stop guessing whats changing when no one here has any proof to support any of these rumors.

Well said.

First of all we have no idea what has been negotiated.

Is their shared sacrifice?

More investments?

Secondly retirees cant vote. In 2005 they took a hit and could not vote on it.

This time it is our turn to make small sacrifices as long as retirees are treated fairly.

If we keep saying no we are basically keeping our heads in the sand.

I feel we should give a good look at any changes to the agreement before all of this bull s#$t continues.

If you have 20 or less years you should be concerned (my seniority)

If you are retirement eligible you should be concerned

If you are a retiree you should be concerned.

It is time to forge our future now before a bankrucy judge does it for us. Just ask your neighbors that worked for textile, airline and steel companies which their loss of jobs and pension is more than words.

I am embarassed to read how we tear up and kick our leadership and fight among ourselves. We need to start supporting our leadership like brothers and sisters should. Solidarity is a easy word to say, but do we practice it. I think not.

Hey dozerman, your article just pisses me off. You might fool some people, but the people from Nashville know how you and Bunch where going to play the system and not do a DAMN thing. I will say so far so good, but it will come back to bite you in the ASS. You had every oppurtunity to go to KCAP like everyone else, neverless you chose not to go. You could have even chosen to even go to Memphis, but you screwed around playing your little games and let that one slip by you. As far as I am concerned I hope Ford and the UAW give you some of your on medicine. Now that you are 50 the smart thing would be to see if you could get the 50 and 10 before you jack around and miss out on that one also. From now on keep your crying to yourself because not a DAMN person feels sorry for you.

Hey ngp roots, first of all Bunch and I haven't lost anything in Kansas City,we both decided not to sign anything because we would just soon ride it out at home(still getting retirement credits and pay) til we get a call to transfer somewhere. We really don't care where we go. as you know, about half of the wimpy ngp transfers that went to kc have quit, however my 64 year old sister is still there doing any job they put her on. Second, I tried to get everybody not to sign anything and vote no on the plant sale however, they voted to sell it. If you and everybody else did what Bunch and I did, we all would still be working at the ach nashville glass plant. Just look what happened at the saline plant you big dummy. As for the 50 and 10 years, I have already turned that offer down. I got 27 years in and I'll go somewhere to finish up til I get my 30 and then come home. As for the crying it seem like the ones that signed to transfer to kanas city have been doing all the crying, Bunch and I are doing just fine, thanks for asking. p.s. if this is you gary s. (aka cry baby) be more than happy to kick your little wimpy ass.

I'm curious to know what UAW members take home when laid off. Not talking Job banks. UI and Sub up here in Canada adds up to around $700 cad., a week being laid off...apparently around 65%. UI alone is around $450 max.

800 and change. not much more than you peeps.

I don't work for Ford. I live out here in the real world where when you lose your job, you get unemployment and THAT'S IT. You cut off the cable, sell the boat, eat generic brands etc.. until you find a new job.

You guys have given up on Ford. You are fighting for sub pay under the assumption that Ford will continue to fail. Do you not even know all the great stuff Ford has coming in the next 2 years? Don't you read the other threads in this forum about the products? Ford is miles ahead of GM and Chrysler with the restructuring. You guys should be begging the union to take stock to cover the lost money of any concessions. Don't give up the cash for the VEBA, though.

This site is for FORD EMPLOYEES ONLY. You are not welcome here. The problem with haters like you is that if someone has something you don't, then you do not want them to have it either. Do not post here again!!!

$73.00 an hour( WE ALL KNOW THIS IS FALSE BUT I WANTED TO USE IT JUST TO MAKE MY POINT!)

Using the above figures which we know are way to high I figure Ford has a little over 5 billion in hourly payroll each year. How much is the company loosing??? I think we could all work for free and they would still loose money!

Why don't they take away some of our hourly wages and keep sub??? How does the international make money? Yes 2 hours of pay a month. If you take away our hourly rate they loose money. So they will give everything else away so they can keep making money!

I know they fight for us and I'm 100% Union but I really think some of the guys up there have been away from the shop floor for to long. We need to keep sub and keep our reteries safe!!

You're confusing net pay with gross wages and fully fringed costs. They're all different.

Fully fringed costs for each employee are in the 65+ range.

congratulations-idiot.gif

QUOTE (guilt trip @ Feb 18 2009, 05:54 PM)

I'm curious to know what UAW members take home when laid off. Not talking Job banks. UI and Sub up here in Canada adds up to around $700 cad., a week being laid off...apparently around 65%. UI alone is around $450 max.

This guy is a friggin reporter...........don't give him any information.

Edited by level

Do this math Ford sold 4 million cars in 2000

sold 2.4 mills in 07 2.1 in 08 on pace to sell 1.1 mill in 09 you see a trend here?

Take GM for example they have 38 BILLION in DEBT plus the $20 bills "owed" to VEBA plus the $30 bills in loans from govt. Now they say they can pay it all back by 2017 NO THEY CANT.

So thats 30 bills plus interest so $38 billion back to govt plus $20 bills to VEBA PLUS $14 billion to the pension fund in 2014 plus even if the bond holders take 40% thats $15 bills plus interest so $20 billion more. $ 38,20,14,20=$ 92 billion in 6 years since they say in 011 they can start paying it back.

It AINT NEVEr going to happen SORRY it AINT and the UAW knows it.

I don't work for Ford. I live out here in the real world where when you lose your job, you get unemployment and THAT'S IT. You cut off the cable, sell the boat, eat generic brands etc.. until you find a new job.

You guys have given up on Ford. You are fighting for sub pay under the assumption that Ford will continue to fail. Do you not even know all the great stuff Ford has coming in the next 2 years? Don't you read the other threads in this forum about the products? Ford is miles ahead of GM and Chrysler with the restructuring. You guys should be begging the union to take stock to cover the lost money of any concessions. Don't give up the cash for the VEBA, though.

I dont think you should have unemployment, I mean that's a fringe benefit only some get...

I think we should lobby congress, it's putting good money after bad...

your done.

Edited by Q-bert

Do this math Ford sold 4 million cars in 2000

sold 2.4 mills in 07 2.1 in 08 on pace to sell 1.1 mill in 09 you see a trend here?

Take GM for example they have 38 BILLION in DEBT plus the $20 bills "owed" to VEBA plus the $30 bills in loans from govt. Now they say they can pay it all back by 2017 NO THEY CANT.

So thats 30 bills plus interest so $38 billion back to govt plus $20 bills to VEBA PLUS $14 billion to the pension fund in 2014 plus even if the bond holders take 40% thats $15 bills plus interest so $20 billion more. $ 38,20,14,20=$ 92 billion in 6 years since they say in 011 they can start paying it back.

It AINT NEVEr going to happen SORRY it AINT and the UAW knows it.

You should stuff something in that mouthhole Q-bert.

QUOTE (guilt trip @ Feb 18 2009, 05:54 PM)

This guy is a friggin reporter...........don't give him any information.

Nice try smart guy. Sorry to break it to you but I've been with Ford for 24 years. A little paranoid?

And seeing you posted this for another person...I def think it applies to you in this case Mr. know-it-all....

congratulations-idiot.gif