Ordered a new SHO

JZ150

I did read that the Ecoboost was going to be available in the SEL, and Limited, and saw pics of the Limited with the split dual exhausts instead of being on one side of the car. Can't remember where I read it, but it was put out there. Maybe a late availability option?

Does anyone know if the SHO will get the beefed up 6 speed tranny that the Flex will get?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to - that tranny was built for the ecoBoost power.

The SHO is getting a dual clutch tranny that I think is specific to that model. I think the non SHO EcoBoosted cars get a seperate unit. I could be horribly wrong however, which as you know, would be a first.

The SHO is getting a dual clutch tranny that I think is specific to that model. I think the non SHO EcoBoosted cars get a seperate unit. I could be horribly wrong however, which as you know, would be a first.

You are horribly wrong. It's not a dual clutch tranny - it's just a beefed up version of the regular cars' tranny with manual shift control. Dual clutch is a totally different thing and won't be available until next year in the Fiesta. The high torque capacity dual clutches are several years off.

You're never really wrong as long as you admit the possibility that you could be wrong... Because then, even if you're wrong, you're still right.

We balance out 09's on May 28th so I would say mid to probably late summer at the earliest.

The most recent "Final Order Receipt Dates" available shows that the "Job Last" date for the 2009 Taurus is May 7th. The same report has been missing the "Start-Up Dates" for 2010 MY vehicles for some time now but I've been given the contact information for someone at Ford that should be able to update the report with the 2010 MY Job #1 information. In addition, Ford's Dealer News Bulletin for March 13th shows that the Chicago Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of March 30th, April 6th & April 13th. The information posted for plant employees may or not be up to date. I'm just providing the most recent information available to Ford Dealers. In any event, I'm not expecting to see the 2010 Ford Taurus on the ground at Dealers until sometime this Summer although I'm hoping that it'll be sooner rather than later.

The most recent "Final Order Receipt Dates" available shows that the "Job Last" date for the 2009 Taurus is May 7th. The same report has been missing the "Start-Up Dates" for 2010 MY vehicles for some time now but I've been given the contact information for someone at Ford that should be able to update the report with the 2010 MY Job #1 information. In addition, Ford's Dealer News Bulletin for March 13th shows that the Chicago Assembly Plant will be down the weeks of March 30th, April 6th & April 13th. The information posted for plant employees may or not be up to date. I'm just providing the most recent information available to Ford Dealers. In any event, I'm not expecting to see the 2010 Ford Taurus on the ground at Dealers until sometime this Summer although I'm hoping that it'll be sooner rather than later.

hmm, so lets say cap is closed those weeks for retooling. if it goes into production mid-late april dealers would start getting cars around late may?

hmm, so lets say cap is closed those weeks for retooling. if it goes into production mid-late april dealers would start getting cars around late may?

Late May to early June seems to fit the timeline. Maybe late June at the latest. That does not match with what some are saying but I go back to what the Ford site says as "available June 2009".

Exactly... I think.

But I could be wrong...

Production for job 1 for the 2010 Taurus is 6/15/2009. Delivery will be anywhere from 10 to 22 weeks after that due to plant closing peroiods and the first 1000 units must go through extensive quality controls which will delay things. So it may be mid-November before dealers see these cars.

Production for job 1 for the 2010 Taurus is 6/15/2009. Delivery will be anywhere from 10 to 22 weeks after that due to plant closing peroiods and the first 1000 units must go through extensive quality controls which will delay things. So it may be mid-November before dealers see these cars.

Seriously, 5 months between first production and availability? Closing the plant just as you start production of a vehicle widely expected to be a hit? That just seems nuts to me.

Can you see what you can do for me? I will gladly do the extensive quality control testing for you in real world. NO problem. I just can't wait that long (plus my lease is up in June and I really dont want to extend for 3 months!!!)

If the 10 wk estimate is correct the new Taurus will not be in showrooms until the end of August/early September.

My '95 ran like crap on anything but premium. I even got a check engine light running 89. I had to put octane booster in it so I could clear the code.

Anyway, I think the ecoboost engines run on regular gas.

Not that the Eco boost SHO has anything to do with the earlier Yamaha SHO's but I find it odd that your SHO wouldn't run on premium. I've owned a handful (about 6 I think) of them thru the years, (all 89-95 model years) and everyone of them ran on 87 octane with out issue. The only time I'd run premium is when I took it to a track weekend and knew I'd be flogging it non stop and wanted the maximum performance.

Congrats to the OP on the Order of the SHO, I've been keeping my eye out on the progress and will drive one asap.

• 1 month later...
I ordered our SHO today. Orders can be placed but there are no dates yet. This is the perfect car for the wife and I. She likes the looks of the new Taurus and I get to have a performance car all in one car. Her lease is up this summer and I will sell the 335i and we will trim the garage from 3 to 2.

2010 SHO Ingot Silver with Black leather interior

Package 402A

20" Wheels

Multi-Contour Seats

I am putting my faith in the fact that on paper this car looks like it will be awesome.

I will be happy to have an all Ford garage again.

Now that its been a couple of months, have you heard anything about an approximate date for delivery? Also, be sure and come back and post your impressions after you've driven it for a while. There aren't too many new cars out there that interest me lately, but depending on what I hear about the SHO and the Fusion Sport, I could be seeing a new Ford car in my future too.

Now that its been a couple of months, have you heard anything about an approximate date for delivery? Also, be sure and come back and post your impressions after you've driven it for a while. There aren't too many new cars out there that interest me lately, but depending on what I hear about the SHO and the Fusion Sport, I could be seeing a new Ford car in my future too.

I am being told that in the next couple weeks I should have a build date. I expect the cars to begin hitting the dealers July 09.

I am being told that in the next couple weeks I should have a build date. I expect the cars to begin hitting the dealers July 09.

I am hearing something different, but my source very well may be wrong. Build date for the 2010 Taurus is 06/15/2009. The first 1000 vehicles have to through a quality control process that will delay delivery. Delivery will be somewhere between 10-20 weeks. That would mean these cars would not be in the dealerships until sometime between September and Mid- November 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just a quick update on my SHO. I got a call today from my dealer and I have a build date of 6/29. One step closer!!!!!!

I have not heard from my dealer about my order placed about the same time as yours. What Order number do you have? Mine order was the 1001 placed. Do you have any info on delivery time frame? I am hearing minimum of 10 weeks.

Thank you.

I have not heard from my dealer about my order placed about the same time as yours. What Order number do you have? Mine order was the 1001 placed. Do you have any info on delivery time frame? I am hearing minimum of 10 weeks.

Thank you.

I have no idea what my order number was or is. I did not ask. My Vin ends with 2174. You might want to check with your dealer bc my dealer said I may qualify for $500 rebate because my car was ordered in Feb. She wasn't sure if I would get it or not. Not sure of the program either but worth asking.

Sweet car, but the pricing will kill sales. A base AWD Taurus is ~25k. The SHO has the ecoboost engine ($700), better wheels/tires ($1000), and a warmed-over suspension/different trim. Yet Ford set the SHO price at 38k, placing it in low-end Infinity/Lexus/BMW/Mercedes territory.

Sweet car, but the pricing will kill sales. A base AWD Taurus is ~25k. The SHO has the ecoboost engine ($700), better wheels/tires ($1000), and a warmed-over suspension/different trim. Yet Ford set the SHO price at 38k, placing it in low-end Infinity/Lexus/BMW/Mercedes territory.

How many sales do you expect of the SHO?