WHEN DOES YOUR LOCAL VOTE?

Spring

I'm curious as to when everyone is voting. We haven't heard officially for OHAP, off the record I'm hearing March 7th.

This gives everyone plenty of time to read the language, write out their questions and prepare for the meeting. My suggestion is that you go through the posts on here, write down the questions that you wish to see answered, write down your other questions you may have and take them to the meeting. Ask your reps. If they don't have the answer, there is a serious problem and I would probably move to table the vote until the answers can be obtained. It is only after you have read the language and had your questions answered that you can make a fully informed decision and cast your vote. In my humble little opinion anyway.

Edited by Spring

I'm curious as to when everyone is voting. We haven't heard officially for OHAP, off the record I'm hearing March 8th.

This gives everyone plenty of time to read the language, write out their questions and prepare for the meeting. My suggestion is that you go through the posts on here, write down the questions that you wish to see answered, write down your other questions you may have and take them to the meeting. Ask your reps. If they don't have the answer, there is a serious problem and I would probably move to table the vote until the answers can be obtained. It is only after you have read the language and had your questions answered that you can make a fully informed decision and cast your vote. In my humble little opinion anyway.

Spring, You know how this is going to go. Their going to have the meeting inside the room and the voting in the hallway. There will be discussions but it wont matter about your question being answered. The vote will go on, and if only 10 people vote then its the majority of the 10 that they'll count. I thought everyone was going to vote on the 8th?? That's f up if not. The people should of had time to read this and have a question and answer day but like always its hurry up and vote because they know this is :censored: .

I'm curious as to when everyone is voting. We haven't heard officially for OHAP, off the record I'm hearing March 8th.

The news had local 600( dearborn) voting yesterday.I'm from local 900(wayne)on TLO and was not notified an any way about today's vote. :banghead:

I'm from local 900(wayne)on TLO and was not notified an any way about today's vote

Don't feel bad, we at the plant weren't notified about TODAYS vote either. It sure would have been nice for the local to have had an informational meeting for those who are not working, and to at least think about comming around on the off shifts to let us know and answer some questions.

The news had local 600( dearborn) voting yesterday.I'm from local 900(wayne)on TLO and was not notified an any way about today's vote. :banghead:

Wow...Just, WOW...The only handout I saw before leaving work on Thursday said that the union meeting for Saturday had been cancelled. Never once saw or heard any info about the vote. Hope the news was wrong...

Wow...Just, WOW...The only handout I saw before leaving work on Thursday said that the union meeting for Saturday had been cancelled. Never once saw or heard any info about the vote. Hope the news was wrong...

I worked on C crew on saturday and heard nothing about any voting that day. My committee guy gave me the highlights handout and said he was not sure when the vote would take place. :shrug:

LOCAL 900 VOTE TODAY @ Wayne Civic Center...1645 N.Wayne Road between cherryhill and, Ford rd.....9-2...Vote early and, often...They do not even check off you name or ID!

Your joking I hope?! There was a flier at DTP stating that an informational meeting will be held on Tuesday (I think at 1:00 and 4:00) for DTP with voting immediately following or you can vote on Friday from 6am to 6pm at the local.

LOCAL 900 VOTE TODAY @ Wayne Civic Center...1645 N.Wayne Road between cherryhill and, Ford rd.....9-2...Vote early and, often...They do not even check off you name or ID!

Not joking at all!!!

Same old way of doing things.

They did ask production or skilled (I voted twice for each..) :redcard::hysterical:

Does it REALLY matter which way you voted?? I think not................

Your joking I hope?! There was a flier at DTP stating that an informational meeting will be held on Tuesday (I think at 1:00 and 4:00) for DTP with voting immediately following or you can vote on Friday from 6am to 6pm at the local.

No joke cuz the joke is on the membership. No information until an hour before the vote was IUAW's original plan.

Imagine all your co-workers and yourself trying to read (close to 100 pages) and comprehend the contractual double speak while your reps never shut their traps in a crowded meeting hall filled with other white noise.

Thank Ruether for the folks who begged, stole or tripped over the tentative agreement and copied it and passed it out or posted it online for all the membership to make an informed decision with the luxury of time to digest the offal.

Why Ron Gutourfuture wants our reps to confuse us as to vote times and places is beyond me. *sarcasm off*

No joke just voted, Guy in front of me didn't get ID'ed . No check off list either. This thing is going to pass no matter what.

Livonia Transmission voting Tuesday March 3rd.

Livonia Transmission voting Tuesday March 3rd.

Local 400 informational meeting is at 2:30PM, Thurs., March 5th.

Voting is between 12Noon and 5PM...SAME DAY. Interesting how 2 and 1/2 hours of voting will go on before anyone has heard or seen anything in writing from the Union.

NO paperwork has YET to be distributed by the Union. Our reps claim it's by Gutourfuture's direct order.

Thank DOG that Van Dyke and Romeo didn't follow that directive.

249 KCAP havent even been given paperwork or told anything about a vote. But, our local sent out emails telling people to vote yes!!!!! Typical

Local 249 will be voting Sunday March 8th. They began passing paperwork out today. I saw three different committeemen handing out the so called Hi-light sheet today. The membership is actually taking this better than I thought they would. At least that's the impression I am getting from the people I speak to on the floor.

Local 249 will be voting Sunday March 8th. They began passing paperwork out today. I saw three different committeemen handing out the so called Hi-light sheet today. The membership is actually taking this better than I thought they would. At least that's the impression I am getting from the people I speak to on the floor.

Well good on your plant chair for allowing the information to be passed out!

Our PC claimed that he was told NOT to hand it out and that the other plants in my Local were "defying a direct order from downtown" in doing so.

I laughed in his lying face while waving the copy I had.

I believe in the Union and yet have still lost ALL faith and respect in the reps. A MAJOR overhaul is needed.

Just my 2 cents...and I charged that. ;)