don't you wish....

next time use them....oh and stop whining. the vote is over!

IM001091.jpg

Yeah if there ever IS a next time! I do wish I had used them. I'm only about 8 classes why of a Bachelor degree and I kept putting off going back. I never in a million years thought we could lose that benefit so quickly. Oh well, I'll probably pay for the classes myself if I have a job in the future. Oh, and man that's a nice looking car there, isn't it? :)

got the ba, working on ma. but it really doesn't matter. engineers, teachers, cops, all being laid off. only real opportunities in medical fields and that never really interested me.

That's true, Mechanic. Very few jobs are immune to this recession. I'll eventually finish it, if not just for my personal satisfaction of having completed it after starting it in 1989. Funny how having 4 kids can throw a wrench into completing your education.

got the ba, working on ma. but it really doesn't matter. engineers, teachers, cops, all being laid off. only real opportunities in medical fields and that never really interested me.

Funny, according to Shelby and Corker, its just the UAW. :idea: Get rid of the UAW and the whole world's economy will jump right back on track like it never skipped a beat.

That is a sharp looking car. I was skeptical at first with just the picture of the back but once I went online and found the rest of the pictures I was very impressed. Get ready CAP. I hope you can't keep up with the demand!

Edited by tincup2b

I really thought that ETAP would be the last benefit to go, for the simple reason that a large percent of the membership doesn't use it. But then again, if they funded it and built up all that money, they decided they could put it to better use. I used it for an associates degree, then ended up in trades. After the apprenticeship, didn't feel like going back for more. Besides, I like so many others didn't see this economy coming, thought the Big 3 would be there forever. But don't loose faith, we will all be okay, it is just going to take some time. Buck up, tighten down and ride it out. There really is light at the end of the tunnel and we will be better off when we get to the other side.

Here's the deal- I used my benefits and have a Masters Degree. Guess what? I can't get a new job to take the buyout!

All we can do is wait for the economy to grow, it won't be long although it sucks. My Masters Degree won't take my kids to see a movie!

So whoever started this thread can kiss my @ss.

Here's the deal- I used my benefits and have a Masters Degree. Guess what? I can't get a new job to take the buyout!

All we can do is wait for the economy to grow, it won't be long although it sucks. My Masters Degree won't take my kids to see a movie!

So whoever started this thread can kiss my @ss.

For most people a masters degree would help you lead a better life. I doubt that you have one...because you have very little faith in yourself. you are like all those 3rd generation ford babies...that will never move on because you don't know how to live a better life or how to raise your kids to do better than yourself. It isn't luck that good people succeed in any situation, it is determination. you won't take the buyout because you have no faith in yourself...2nd I wouldn't hire you either.

I did not take advantage of this benifite and I only blame myself, Since this benifite is gone why do we still have Etap cordinators on both international and local levels ? Where is the shared sacrifice?

I really think you should have!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistakes it was a long day yesterday. My point is the UAW is much smaller than it was in the past. Will the international and locals downsized to fit the population of the rank and file?

good question. what about all those safety reps, ergo reps, qosc's, quality reps, and all those bud kings that do nothing but sit on their ass. at least we have a bad ass chairman at CAP who has been very visible at the plant floor.

good question. what about all those safety reps, ergo reps, qosc's, quality reps, and all those bud kings that do nothing but sit on their ass. at least we have a bad ass chairman at CAP who has been very visible at the plant floor.

The logic of the underused, but fully funded ETAP sounds about right.

"Look at all this cash we can get our hands on!"

I think if you were getting a 3.0 or better, and I am getting better, and taking classes for the last 4 years, you should have been allowed to get the skin before they pulled the rug out from under you.

I give you that I did not use the funds for anything but stupid birdhouses, basement remodeling class, ect before my current run, but having received the AAS and 9 months from the BA, I would have like the opportunity to finish the run.

Oh and those QOSCs you talked about are currently up at Black Lake getting all trained up. WTF???

I think if you were getting a 3.0 or better, and I am getting better, and taking classes for the last 4 years, you should have been allowed to get the skin before they pulled the rug out from under you.

I give you that I did not use the funds for anything but stupid birdhouses, basement remodeling class, ect before my current run, but having received the AAS and 9 months from the BA, I would have like the opportunity to finish the run.

Oh and those QOSCs you talked about are currently up at Black Lake getting all trained up. WTF???

That was the real problem with ETAP, not people going to college but the fact that many of the overpriced training sessions that the UAW throws qualified for funding from ETAP. The union bastardized the education process and used ETAP as a way to funnel money from the company into their own back pocket. The company was not innocent in this process either, when we got to DTP they made us fill out forms to register for Henry Ford Comm. College so that they could write off the orientation as college level training. (I don't think the orientation's funds came from ETAP, but it does come at the expense of the tax payer) And yes I have used my ETAP!

I definately will miss the ETAP funds. I am currently a Junior, with a 4.0, and have been attending full time for some time now- using up all of the ETAP plus personal funds. I won't be able to continue at the pace but am not giving up.

Ohhh.. those QOSCs- that training is our "union dues" at work... sure glad someone gets to enjoy our hard earned money.

For most people a masters degree would help you lead a better life. I doubt that you have one...because you have very little faith in yourself. you are like all those 3rd generation ford babies...that will never move on because you don't know how to live a better life or how to raise your kids to do better than yourself. It isn't luck that good people succeed in any situation, it is determination. you won't take the buyout because you have no faith in yourself...2nd I wouldn't hire you either.

Put a boot up your ass, you have no idea what you are talking about. If you had a Master's Degree, you'd see how hard it is to get a new job. My experience is at Ford, employers pick people right now who have experience.

Chassis Group Leader - Team concept is in your username. Great job, see how many more jobs you can conslidate and fork up for us all. Group leader my ass- Team Concept Leader is more like it.

The ONLY thing in your post that made any sense is the fact that economic downturns motivate people to change- only because they have to. People start new business's, etc.

Edited by CourtJester