Where's the loyalty to me

scuzzi

I will never buy a Ford product again, neither will my wife or family. The reason for all of this? My vehicle is quite defective, its been in the shop quite a few time since I bought it, both how it was built (crap assembly ie. parts not secured and damage) and defects in the vehicle. Every time it has to go in the shop I have to wait around or get a ride to my house and wait, both are about 4-5 hours before they admit its covered by warranty and its a warranty issue. So I can't go anywhere for this amount of time since I have to wait and I also don't have a vehicle to run errands, go to work etc.

You see, I was talking to a guy that had an Acura. He was telling me about how there was a defect with his car (new) and he was heading to another province for a wedding. Well, after having it checked for the third time, Acura gave him a new car, just like the one he had. They admitted that there was a problem with the vehicle and replaced it for him. Guess what he drives now? Thats right. He was taken care of and so Acura earned his loyalty. I would be doing the same thing. Take care of the customer and they keep coming back.

My car has been in the shop 5 times now (I only have 75, 000 Km on it) and each problem has been something different. I've heard excuses and other people saying 'these things happen' but in the end, as a customer, I am fed up with these problems. As such I won't be buying another Ford and neither will my family. All the people I work with will know the crap that I have gone through with this vehicle and I hear about what they have had happen with their vehicles, both good and bad. I've seen the ones that have loyalty to their vehicle company and ones that don't. I don't.

Seems to me that you may be comparing the actions of one dealer with another.

I used to own a VW with some of its own quirks, but the dealer (Maxwell VW near Burlington, NC) could not have been more helpful.

I don't know of your Ford's troubles, but if you expect that Acura (or any other car maker) is without lemons, you should prepare to be disappointed.

Edited by RangerM

... if you expect that Acura (or any other car maker) is without lemons, you should prepare to be disappointed.

It is what I have been saying all along. Scuzzi, you make a statement that you will never buy a Ford ever again......gee, I wonder what Ford will do to assist knowing you will never buy their product again. You sit here on this forum crying about your "defective" Focus...but in some postings, you claim it is a 2005, and others, you state it is a 2006....are you sure you even own a Focus?

Get rid of it already and go buy a Toyota, no one is forcing you to keep it....

It is what I have been saying all along. Scuzzi, you make a statement that you will never buy a Ford ever again......gee, I wonder what Ford will do to assist knowing you will never buy their product again. You sit here on this forum crying about your "defective" Focus...but in some postings, you claim it is a 2005, and others, you state it is a 2006....are you sure you even own a Focus?

It is not the car, it is the dealer, some dealers don't actually know how to deal with problems. It happened with my 98' expedition. It had to go in the shop and was there for about 4 weeks, they gave it back and said it was fixed( we had to argue for about a week if the problem was covered by warranty or not). this problem repeated 4 times and each time i sent it to the same dealer ship. on the 5th time the problem occured i took it to a different dealership, it was out in 2 weeks, they said it was covered by warranty and the problem never happened again.

Some dealerships are really bad, others really good. Take it to a different dealer.

Yup, I should stop complaining. And so this should be my last post about my focus especially since I'm getting rid of it. It came out of the shop and the first thing I did was go out and trade it in. I only got $6000 for it (too many out there already) and I had to check around to see the best price for it. I picked up a corolla for the trade in, used with 100000 KM but handles and appears like new. So in about a week I'll have the car (gotta get insurance etc changed over). I don't expect Ford to do anything for me, after all, they haven't done anything until this point (by the way, the rental cars are covered because I bought the extended warranty, otherwise I would have to pay for the rental car). They never did anything for me as a customer so I don't expect them to do anything for me as an ex-customer.

My previous post was about the things that had gone wrong with my car and the lack of concern or taking responsibility for any of the defects (I had to constantly sit around and did not get any rental car until they made sure it was a manufacturing defect). Treat the customers well and they stick with you. Treat them like they did something wrong and expect them to stay with you.... guess again.

So Farewell all, and good luck with the bailouts.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...UTOS10/TPStory/

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2009/03/09/uaw-ford.html

Edited by scuzzi

Sup,

Sounds like a whiner to me. Everyone has car problems, some dealers are bad. I have said before, my BMW has had over $17,000 in repairs since I bought it. Oh well, it does not mean all BMW's are bad. Mine just sucked. 2 weeks ago I went to a junkyard with a buddy of mine to find parts for his z28. A focus came in from an accident on a flatbed and I thought i would scoop the tail lights for buddies focus who was rear ended. I went inside to see if it had a CD player and a few odds and ends. It had 420,000 kms on it. Your car is just a fluke. Your dealer sucks. Oh well. It happens but whining here will fix nothing, go whine to the dealer and Ford. Better yet, go to a Toyota forum, they would love to hear how you switched brands for theirs.

Skape

So what is with this guy, anyway? Does he *really* think that a manufacturer is supposed to bend down and kiss the shoes of its customers for the next 20 years of ownership? Where does (gasp!) personal responsibility come in?

Gosh, I've owned Fords since I was 16. I've Never, Ever, EVER had problems like this guy claims to have had, and my cars were *always* used when I got them, many with 100K miles at purchase. (Mind you, this was in the 1980's and 1990's, when according to the media, all cars were crap! haha)

So let's recap Scuzzi's quote here: You see, I was talking to a guy that had an Acura. He was telling me about how there was a defect with his car (new) and he was heading to another province for a wedding. Well, after having it checked for the third time, Acura gave him a new car, just like the one he had. They admitted that there was a problem with the vehicle and replaced it for him.Wow... powerful admission here. This guy bought an ACURA, product of HONDA...and the car was SO defective they had to give him a WHOLE NEW CAR....

Ahh, but foreign cars are soooo much better, right? Now I know I'm just a average white guy, but I've *never* had to be on the receiving end of a whole new vehicle because of defects. Yeah, Scuzzi, go enjoy that Toyoder of yours.

Now that Ford is surpassing everyone in quality, we'll wave at you when we see your Corolla on the side of the road, hood raised and hazards flashing, as we pass in our Five Hundred. G'Day.

Sup,

Sounds like a whiner to me. Everyone has car problems, some dealers are bad. I have said before, my BMW has had over $17,000 in repairs since I bought it. Oh well, it does not mean all BMW's are bad. Mine just sucked. 2 weeks ago I went to a junkyard with a buddy of mine to find parts for his z28. A focus came in from an accident on a flatbed and I thought i would scoop the tail lights for buddies focus who was rear ended. I went inside to see if it had a CD player and a few odds and ends. It had 420,000 kms on it. Your car is just a fluke. Your dealer sucks. Oh well. It happens but whining here will fix nothing, go whine to the dealer and Ford. Better yet, go to a Toyota forum, they would love to hear how you switched brands for theirs.

Skape

I wouldn't necessarily call him a whiner.

To spend that much money on a car and have it spend so much time on a lift not getting fixed is quite aggrevating.

My car has been in the shop 5 times now (I only have 75, 000 Km on it) and each problem has been something different.
I wouldn't necessarily call him a whiner.

To spend that much money on a car and have it spend so much time on a lift not getting fixed is quite aggrevating.

Yea, considering it's got 46,000 Miles on it and the problem can't be stated, but this is a good site to aggravate whine about.

We all know nothing EVER happens to a Japanese car, and if it does have a problem, they give you a brand new one.

ya, whats the problems he had? lol... what year foci was it

anyways, people who come on these boards and type like that are 99% full of shit, just dont like ford etc.

true,

but there are those with legitmate gripes. Be it a Ford, Toyota, Honda or Hyundai.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know Ford, like every other brand, has their defective vehicles. I experienced this with a '99 Explorer, but not one of the other 6 Fords I've owned have had any significant issues.

Like others have stated, many times it is also the dealer. I know of 2 dealers that I refuse to go for purchase or service. Identifying these dealers is tough at first, but after dealing with them for so long, your only option is to visit another dealer.

And I'm hard pressed to believe Acura simply gave this guy a new vehicle because his was defective. Usually these stories are a little embellished. From my experience, it's more commonly the dealer offers the customer good trade in value for their defective vehicle, then sells the customer a new vehicle for roughly the same amount per month payments as the old vehicle. The customer usually doesn't take into account they now must pay X number more payments, whether it be 1 more or 3 more years, and simply believe since they got a new car at the same price per month they must have gotten a FREE replacement.

Some dealerships are really bad, others really good. Take it to a different dealer.

Like others have stated, many times it is also the dealer. I know of 2 dealers that I refuse to go for purchase or service. Identifying these dealers is tough at first, but after dealing with them for so long, your only option is to visit another dealer.

Agreed....you should've tried a different dealer first.....