2010 Fords: Lot Photos

I love the new Fusion front-end, the rest of the car...meh, not as exciting. That's the story of many traditional facelifts....carried over bodies that don't look nearly as interesting. I'm not in love with the rear-end of the Fusion at all, I think the outgoing design was better. The Milan does look sharp on the lots, not as exciting as the Fusion up front, but the design works more cohesively.

The MKZ looks sharp, don't like the new 'chrome clad' wheels (everybody knows my beef there). I can't help but see the MKZ as old news, more needs to be done, it's growing more geriatric now and the softer lines don't help IMO.

Mustang rocks, they did a proper job of updating the whole thing, wish the CD3 cars got the same treatment, ah well!

Edited by BORG

I was at a dealership last night after driving by and saw a 2010 Fusion out front. It was night but the lighting was bright. It was a SEL 2.5 I4 w/ 6A. Sterling Grey/Charcoal Leather (Oatmeal stitch). Moon Roof and Sony (lots of speakers). Anyway, looks great.

I absolutely love the new Mustang, and it makes the 09 look (really) old. My only complaint is the GT's foglights. I hate how they're the only bright thing (or at least the brightest thing) on the front of the car on HID equipped models. It looks bad/strange, IMO, as evidenced by this picture:

http://www.mikekukielka.com/gallery/v/2010...09_+78.JPG.html

Edited by rmc523

A very quick gallery of photos I shot on Friday at the nearby dealerships. I failed to do much photographing at Lincoln/Mercury...sorry 2B2, maybe next week.

Enjoy!

awww.... THANKS for the thought, BORG -- as well as the great pix of course ;)

actually I think the '09/'10 comparo is FANTASTIC & still can't decide from pix which I like better...

...MUST get to a dealer!

&

there were lots of other reaction-surprises

- knew I like the Fusion's SEL wheels, didn't think I'd like the 'snowflake' ones as much

- & it's interior trim looks better in your pix than any others I've seen

- & really need to see that upholstery (& the MILAN's!) looks great in the photo

- have NO Prob with the Mustang's bright fogs vs 'dark' HID's (just imho)

plus

Cannot get enough MKZ pix!!! *Love* it!

awww.... THANKS for the thought, BORG -- as well as the great pix of course ;)

actually I think the '09/'10 comparo is FANTASTIC & still can't decide from pix which I like better...

...MUST get to a dealer!

&

there were lots of other reaction-surprises

- knew I like the Fusion's SEL wheels, didn't think I'd like the 'snowflake' ones as much

- & it's interior trim looks better in your pix than any others I've seen

- & really need to see that upholstery (& the MILAN's!) looks great in the photo

- have NO Prob with the Mustang's bright fogs vs 'dark' HID's (just imho)

plus

Cannot get enough MKZ pix!!! *Love* it!

For me, the Fusion and Milan both have much improved fascias, but I'm not as keen on the tails. The Fusion looks much taller and squarer out back, while the Milan looks a little funky due to the slant of the bumper just under the lamps.

As for the Mustang, I used a polarizing filter because of the bright sun and glare so that may account for the illusion of the bright fog lights.

Time permitting, I'll try and get better photos next Saturday of the Mercury and Lincolns, they hand plenty of them out back where I didn't take my camera...sorry!

I'm with you on the Snowflake wheels, they look like hubcaps (are they?).

Great pics, thanks. It looks like the SEL has the chrome on the rear deck but the SE does not. The interior shots gives a good look at what the center console looks like w/o NAV, although I ordered the black leather with the black carbon weave accent. I see the SEL has Michelin tires, did you happen to notice what kind they were?

What's up with the front signal lights on the Mustangs? On one they are by the grill, on the other the headlights are. Is one a GT and the other a V6 model.

I guess I never noticed the differences before. Thanks for the pics btw.

That's the HID option vs regular headlights. Each is available on either GT or V6.

As for the Mustang, I used a polarizing filter because of the bright sun and glare so that may account for the illusion of the bright fog lights.

That may be part of it (the contrast), but I've seen it in person (I'll post the picture here when I get home), and there still is a noticable contrast.

I see the SEL has Michelin tires, did you happen to notice what kind they were?

• Pilot HX MXM4, size 225/50R17 93V on the Fusion SEL
  • Energy MXV4 S8, size 225/50R17 93V on the hybrid Fusion & Milan, Milan Premier with VOGA package, and MKZ with 17" wheels

Re Mustang Red: Yes, they are different reds, that's no illusion ;)

The sticker did shock me, especially without the Nav unit.

Re Tires: I couldn't get a good read on the tires, I will look closer next time.

And Smok, you're absolutely right! ;)

The Fusion in Tuxedo black does look amazing. Actually, all three CD3 cars belong in Tuxedo black ;)