Focus RS Spotted in Royal Oak

I'm happy to see it on this side of the pond. Maybe a sign of good things to come.

only problem is the drool on the latest Road and Track "RS Hands on article" sitting on my desk....pages are harder to read when "bubbly"....

There are also two black 5 dr. Focus hatches running around Metro Detroit out of Livonia Trans plant. I saw one today on Plymouth Rd. right outside of Plymouth. Both are present Euro speced Focuses with controls on left side for American drivers. I believe the next Focus due here will be more Fiesta themed and not as conservative looking as present Euro Focus. But the next generation Focus must be getting close since two Euro Focuses are running around here. 2010 MY is last year for present Focus and then let's bring on the next one which looks like Fiesta's big brother and comes in 5 dr. hatch with fuel mileage of 37mpg highway and maybe 28 city.

This is an important car and I sure hope we get something damn close to it. I wanna believe there will be several hundred thousand sales of it when it arrives. I fear if there aren't, it won't last. I like it.

Well Ford really screwed up the SVT Focus (both in the way it was sold and well it wasn't the most reliable car out there either) But I don't have any expectations of the Focus RS selling anymore then 3-5K units a year here in the States (about what the SVT did in its 2-3 years of existence) and thats also very dependent on Price...if they can sell them at 28K or so they can make good $$$ on them and still move them.

Well Ford really screwed up the SVT Focus (both in the way it was sold and well it wasn't the most reliable car out there either) But I don't have any expectations of the Focus RS selling anymore then 3-5K units a year here in the States (about what the SVT did in its 2-3 years of existence) and thats also very dependent on Price...if they can sell them at 28K or so they can make good $$$ on them and still move them.

The top of the line MINIs have proved that there is a market for a premium small car at a premium price. The technology and power in the Focus RS (or SVT) will have the value to justify the price. It will need to be distinct enough from the regular Focus so as to be instantly recognizable, like the GT500 is from the Mustang GT.