Ecoboost 1/4 Mile Times

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and turn up the HP and torque a bit, and don't limit the torque in the lower gears.

Sit down, buckle up, and hold on!

Have to wonder at what point traction becomes a worse enemy than the transmission though. For comparison, I submit the SVT Lightningbolt concept: a 5.4 Lighting V8 shoved into a Ranger. Sure, it had a ridiculously better power-weight ratio over its bigger Lightning brother, but even with massively wider rear tires (335 section width if I recall), the lighter body couldn't put any of the power to the ground and ended up being no quicker than the SVT Lightning. The same fate could await the Mustang as well. We shall see.

Have to wonder at what point traction becomes a worse enemy than the transmission though. For comparison, I submit the SVT Lightningbolt concept: a 5.4 Lighting V8 shoved into a Ranger. Sure, it had a ridiculously better power-weight ratio over its bigger Lightning brother, but even with massively wider rear tires (335 section width if I recall), the lighter body couldn't put any of the power to the ground and ended up being no quicker than the SVT Lightning. The same fate could await the Mustang as well. We shall see.

Since it's much lighter, the 3.5 EB Mustang would have the same or better shove off the mark than

something like the 6.2 Boss and with 375 hp it would have more top end than the V8 Camaro.

3800 lb Falcon XR6 Turbo makes 360hp/391 lb ft and does a 13.2 quarter mine,

an EB Mustang would be EB right there or maybe even in the 12s.

Since it's much lighter, the 3.5 EB Mustang would have the same or better shove off the mark than

something like the 6.2 Boss and with 375 hp it would have more top end than the V8 Camaro.

3800 lb Falcon XR6 Turbo makes 360hp/391 lb ft and does a 13.2 quarter mine,

an EB Mustang would be EB right there or maybe even in the 12s.

Depends what the torque curves look like. If the EB 3.5 has a ridiculous amount of low-end torque, which it appears to, without some sort of lower RPM torque management, the tires could spin right off the thing in comparison to a slower-winding V8.

Depends what the torque curves look like. If the EB 3.5 has a ridiculous amount of low-end torque, which it appears to, without some sort of lower RPM torque management, the tires could spin right off the thing in comparison to a slower-winding V8.

oh I dunno....GT500 does ok.....

oh I dunno....GT500 does ok.....

With quite a bit of fine-tuning done to it to get it there. I don't doubt the EB 3.5 could be used effectively as a performance motor, but what would it cost to get it there? If I were in Ford's shoes, I would offer the EB 3.5 as an efficient alternative to the 5.0 Coyote, priced similarly, and let the aftermarket sort out the rest.

With quite a bit of fine-tuning done to it to get it there. I don't doubt the EB 3.5 could be used effectively as a performance motor, but what would it cost to get it there? If I were in Ford's shoes, I would offer the EB 3.5 as an efficient alternative to the 5.0 Coyote, priced similarly, and let the aftermarket sort out the rest.

a high winding 400hp paddle shifted twinforced eco 6 ina RWD platform....truley sounds like a hoot...

Look, just put the Falcon's IRS and XR6 Turbo engine in the Mustang and watch the friggen Camaros wither and die....

The Camaro is an out of time overweight car, Ford has so much fire power at its disposal it's just embarrasing for GM....

Look, just put the Falcon's IRS and XR6 Turbo engine in the Mustang and watch the friggen Camaros wither and die....

The Camaro is an out of time overweight car, Ford has so much fire power at its disposal it's just embarrasing for GM....

Based on the early comparisons, it looks like the Mustang won't even need that to make the Camaro wither and die. :lol:

Based on the early comparisons, it looks like the Mustang won't even need that to make the Camaro wither and die. :lol:

And that's with the outgoing engine series.

If Ford made a 4.6 Coyote, that would still towel up the V8 Camaro, how embarrassing would that be.....

With intelligent traction control, the EB 3.5 would make the mustang launch and drive like a raped ape with its tail on fire. Having simulated the EB 3.5L as best I can on desktop dyno, and looking at the existing published power curves, that engine is capable of crazy performance numbers in a RWD application so long as the transmission can handle it. If the were willing to, they could have the numbers of that engine up in the torqueshift area. The aftermarket is going to LOVE that engine. If it delivers 400+ numbers and v6 like fuel economy, the competition will definitely have their work cut out for them.

Of course, I'm still interested in what the N/A 3.7L Duratec does for the stang. With even MkS power numbers, it will keep the lighter mustang right up with the v6 camaro and competitive with the Genisis coupe, 370Z, and yards ahead of the challenger.