"I thought Toyotas never break down" HA!!!!

This is as close as I could get. I make it a point to be ahead of any Prius at the next stop light. It's fun watching them read it and seeing thier faces. Oh the childish behavior...............I hope I NEVER grow up!

INOUTGTG22may09007.jpg

:hysterical: :lol: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :lol:

This is as close as I could get. I make it a point to be ahead of any Prius at the next stop light. It's fun watching them read it and seeing thier faces. Oh the childish behavior...............I hope I NEVER grow up!

INOUTGTG22may09007.jpg

licenseplatecomparo.jpg

NICE. this was my plate frame on my Cougar. its the best shot i have, but you can read it. (other black plate was off my Galaxie after i painted it up)

BTW, are you local? i swear ive seen that plate around here.

Edited by Sixt9coug

Better bid now! Only 4+ days left! :lol:

I can buy one from one of the many custom vinyl decal places for the same price.

Nothing new... In fact, it's pretty common to see Calvin and Hobbes pissing on anything plastered on back windows.

But I do love the fact that a Toyota gets towed away. More evidence to tell some of these jerk-offs who blow big bucks on one what a foolish mistake they made. I have a grin on my face everytime.

In talking with some of the import dealership service managers, it turns out that the imports have always had some problems, but they didn't get reported because the service departments fixed the issues while the vehicles were in for routine maintenance. Often they would not even tell the customer that they replaced something or reprogrammed, adjusted, etc. to correct a potential issue. A series of hidden service fixes that didn't get reported to NHTSA.

Since the customer didn't know, or was told they adjusted something minor, the customers didn't report any "things gone wrong". Surveys didn't catch the repairs and customer satisfaction was artificially high. When NHTSA found out about the hidden fixes, they called their hand. Now they have to report issues just like Ford has done for years. Consequently it appears that they have more repairs per hundred vehicles sold even though the quality remained the same. :finger:

Ford has been above board on these issues (nothing gets repaired without the customer knowledge) and Ford quality has improved dramatically so they really have fewer repairs/100.

In talking with some of the import dealership service managers, it turns out that the imports have always had some problems, but they didn't get reported because the service departments fixed the issues while the vehicles were in for routine maintenance. Often they would not even tell the customer that they replaced something or reprogrammed, adjusted, etc. to correct a potential issue. A series of hidden service fixes that didn't get reported to NHTSA.

Since the customer didn't know, or was told they adjusted something minor, the customers didn't report any "things gone wrong". Surveys didn't catch the repairs and customer satisfaction was artificially high. When NHTSA found out about the hidden fixes, they called their hand. Now they have to report issues just like Ford has done for years. Consequently it appears that they have more repairs per hundred vehicles sold even though the quality remained the same. :finger:

Ford has been above board on these issues (nothing gets repaired without the customer knowledge) and Ford quality has improved dramatically so they really have fewer repairs/100.

The Japanese vehicles do not have more repairs per vehicle than they used to though. This whole scenario is, for the most part, urban legend. Even the Japanese marks have far fewer things reported wrong with their vehicles than they did in years past. The only difference is that the domestics have increased their quality faster and closed the gap. They have all (with the possible exception of Land Rover :lol: ) gotten better over the past decade.

The Japanese vehicles do not have more repairs per vehicle than they used to though. This whole scenario is, for the most part, urban legend. Even the Japanese marks have far fewer things reported wrong with their vehicles than they did in years past. The only difference is that the domestics have increased their quality faster and closed the gap. They have all (with the possible exception of Land Rover :lol: ) gotten better over the past decade.

Only because Land Rover quality COULDN'T POSSIBLY get any better*.

*Britishly limited