2010 Taurus Build & Price

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, not quite as alarming to my paycheck as I thought it might be. :unsure: Every possible option (check that--no 20" wheels) is 43.5k.

I took a look at Fordpartner.com and X-plan takes $2940 off the 402A quick order. (So probably more after I added the options).

But, assuming the $2940 discount, the $1000 rebate and a conservative $2500 down payment (after 2 years of saving), I would be about $300 more per month than my Fusion. That would be tough. So, it might take 3 years of saving (which means another raise, etc, too) to get me there. :cry: That also assumes that my trade-in value on the '09 Fusion holds up.

Lastly, WHY is there even a rebate at all on this model??? There not even for sale, how can Ford know whether it's going to sell or not? My thinking is that if this the top trim on your flagship, why not go "no rebate" and see where the demand is? :shrug:

Edited by BrewfanGRB

Lastly, WHY is there even a rebate at all on this model??? There not even for sale, how can Ford know whether it's going to sell or not? My thinking is that if this the top trim on your flagship, why not go "no rebate" and see where the demand is? :shrug:

Because people expect them on any car...the price prob already has the rebate factored into it...

Anyways, The way I want my SHO its right around $44110 or $500 more if I forgo the Performance package and get BLIS and reverse camera. Decisions Decisions :D

I think either way A Plan is around 40K or so...I'm sure DeanH will chime in LOL

Wow, they sure do get pricey mighty quickly (once you add in all the goodies). I don't think the problem is actually being overpriced, its just that this damn car offers so many options (and I want them all)! I really like this car...I don't see a first year model in my future though.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Because people expect them on any car...the price prob already has the rebate factored into it...

Anyways, The way I want my SHO its right around $44110 or $500 more if I forgo the Performance package and get BLIS and reverse camera. Decisions Decisions :D

I think either way A Plan is around 40K or so...I'm sure DeanH will chime in LOL

snicker...I posted pricing before I went to new Zealand...about 2 months ago...car gets spendy, so we shall see what the market bears....pretty awesome the SHO though...and i do wonder about commodity issues...ie availability...

snicker...I posted pricing before I went to new Zealand...about 2 months ago...car gets spendy, so we shall see what the market bears....pretty awesome the SHO though...and i do wonder about commodity issues...ie availability...

I remember that, but it still seems a bit on the high side...normally A/Z plan is roughly the MSRP of the car before options.

Exactly. The Fusion debuted with a $500 rebate. It's almost a requirement on volume models.

Undoubtedly. But, I suppose what I was saying is that while Ford intends the Taurus to be a volume model, the SHO trim line of that model certainly will not be. For that reason, I was surprised at the rebate--but if I am ever going to buy one, I am going to need all the help I can get!

I guess so...but around 40K with Taxes would be nice :)

Any get the offical EPA MPG numbers yet for it? I think if it gets what its rated at, I think I'll have to turn it down, since thats worse then what my Mustang GT gets now!

my guess is a couple MPG's higher than the Flex...26 ish I would think. Ease up on the options list and 40k is attainable....champagne taste and beer budget desires are a customer norm though...i want EVRYTHING for nothing...

my guess is a couple MPG's higher than the Flex...26 ish I would think. Ease up on the options list and 40k is attainable....champagne taste and beer budget desires are a customer norm though...i want EVRYTHING for nothing...

LOL well Hey I am getting A Plan :D

Plus whats the point of getting a car if its not loaded? :)

Edited by silvrsvt

LOL well Hey I am getting A Plan :D

Plus whats the point of getting a car if its not loaded? :)

hey, i'd like one for $99.95....but lets be real...with options comes cost...one doesn't go to Vons and get groceries for free.....A plan rocks...be happy you are not a regular retail customer...

I guess so...but around 40K with Taxes would be nice :)

Any get the offical EPA MPG numbers yet for it? I think if it gets what its rated at, I think I'll have to turn it down, since thats worse then what my Mustang GT gets now!

so a LOADED 402a...MSRP is45175 ( even with the stupid Shiatzu seats ) Aplan is 40149...call your state officials and tell them you want TAx and Licence thrown in or you won't buy....let me know the results....funny, more $ in taxes than profit to the dealers....

And you can't get the Performance package with 402A...thus my comment...No BLIS or backup camera with the Performance Package.

conceps states when ordering the 402a that one MUST order the 20 inchers to get the performance package...which leads me to beleive it IS in fact standard BUT...may be wrong....if so VERY confusing....BUT wouldn't put it past the "gurus"....( actually I call them the idiotic experts )

I didn't think it was. The box isn't automatically checked and the wheels that come with the Performance Pkg. are still optional with 402A. I can't imagine a compatibility issue, but then again what do I know.

you may in fact be correct...genius's at work AGAIN!....probably the same people that thought the Ranger would do better with just a gas guzzling 4.0 and 4 cyl...get rid of the more popular 3.0..........

Edited by Deanh