Ford begins shipping Transit Connects

wonder how long they will take to come from Turkey, I've had one in the order banks since 2/12/09.......they started building it 6/6

I imagine they'd arrive at an east coast port so it'll have to be offloaded and then shipped across the country. Several weeks at the minimum would be a rough guess.

I imagine they'd arrive at an east coast port so it'll have to be offloaded and then shipped across the country. Several weeks at the minimum would be a rough guess.

I still don't theink the usual 6-8 weeks from order date will apply to the connects, but who knows once up to speed....

wonder when you know if they are finished...a red pop up on the assembly line?

Only image I could find from the "Cheers" Thanksgiving episode with the "pop thingy". It's a good one though:

normswife.png

Our one and only full frontal view of Vera, Norm Peterson's wife.

Only image I could find from the "Cheers" Thanksgiving episode with the "pop thingy". It's a good one though:

normswife.png

Our one and only full frontal view of Vera, Norm Peterson's wife.

trivia..."Cliff" has a role/ voice over in EVERY Pixar movie....

trivia..."Cliff" has a role/ voice over in EVERY Pixar movie....

He was also in "The Empire Strikes Back" :yup:

And Cliff Clavin was originally supposed to be a security guard, but they switched it to postman so as to give him a device (reading everyone's mail) to explain how he accumulated so much random, albeit usually wrong, knowledge.

Edited by NickF1011

He was also in "The Empire Strikes Back" :yup:

And Cliff Clavin was originally supposed to be a security guard, but they switched it to postman so as to give him a device (reading everyone's mail) to explain how he accumulated so much random, albeit usually wrong, knowledge.

a bit part slut.

I hope they remembered to take out the bag.

:hysterical: :hysterical: LOL - thank you for the reminder of my first Thanksgiving on my own many years ago!

..... I didn't remember to take out the bag. I didn't even know there was a bag in there. Mmmmm! melted plastic infused turkey!

I really love this little truck, just a cheeky honesty to it, once they upgrade the powertrain to a more consumer friendly unit ( 2.5 w 6 speed trans ) I think the customer base will expand ten fold

I concur !

I just hope they some how can get it to tow 2,000 lbs ! AWD option might also bring in some new customers.

wonder how long they will take to come from Turkey, I've had one in the order banks since 2/12/09.......they started building it 6/6

It seems LLN has left out a reasonable chunk of info regarding the details on shipping. Automotive News reports the Connects are shipping from a Baltimore port now to the dealers, not that the shipping has begun from Turkey (Link). Hate to spoil the Thanksgiving jokes, but it sounds like they'll start showing up before the month is over.

Ain't that the truth!

Nah...not if you want anything left of that vinyl interior. You must not have a 3 year old boy! :hysterical:

Back in the late 1960s, my dad was a Foreman road tester with Metro Ford in Brisbane Australia.

He had a car come in where two little boys decided to play with the cigarette lighter,

they made lovely zero marks all over the vinyl trim, seats, backs, door cards, dash.......oh boy....

Back in the late 1960s, my dad was a Foreman road tester with Metro Ford in Brisbane Australia.

He had a car come in where two little boys decided to play with the cigarette lighter,

they made lovely zero marks all over the vinyl trim, seats, backs, door cards, dash.......oh boy....

Im guessing those two little boys was you and a brother/friend? lol