Japan sends U.S. letter on "Buy American" worries

MTPwife

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20090724?rpc=44 :censored:

TOKYO, July 24 (Reuters) - Japan has sent a letter of concern to the United States on a bill recently passed in the U.S. House of Representatives, which contains a provision similar to "Buy American", an official at Japan's foreign ministry said.

The letter, sent earlier this week from Japan to U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, comes as the United States says the "Buy American" provisions are in line with World Trade Organisation commitments. [iD:nSP225182]

In the letter, Japan's ambassador to the United States, Ichiro Fujisaki, expressed worries on a provision in the appropriations bill for energy and water development that said funds should not be used to buy cars other than those made by the Big Three, the official said

TOKYO, July 24 (Reuters) - Japan has sent a letter of concern to the United States on a bill recently passed in the U.S. House of Representatives, which contains a provision similar to "Buy American", an official at Japan's foreign ministry said.

The letter, sent earlier this week from Japan to U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, comes as the United States says the "Buy American" provisions are in line with World Trade Organisation commitments. [iD:nSP225182]

In the letter, Japan's ambassador to the United States, Ichiro Fujisaki, expressed worries on a provision in the appropriations bill for energy and water development that said funds should not be used to buy cars other than those made by the Big Three, the official said

FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat_shit_and_die_sign__by_fanton.jpg

Really? Well, tell you what Mr.Fujisaki, when we can start selling vehicles in Japan, we'll talk. K?

Really? Well, tell you what Mr.Fujisaki, when we can start selling vehicles in Japan, we'll talk. K?

There are two thoughts in our govt. one is held by Republicans that believe we should open our markets to the rest of the world (except Cuba, N. Korea and Iran) even if they dont open theirs. We should spend most of the tax money on our military (even if we dont need more bombs or tanks and not increase in military pay or benefits for soldiers). In exchange for other countries allowing us to maintain a military presence in their countries (Japan, Germany and S. Korea to name a few) we give those countries the ability to sell vehicles in the U.S. without allowing the U.S. to ship vehicles to those countries. Its a give and take negotiation and the Republicans in our govt. would rather give our tax money to Haliburton, Lockheed, Electric Boat, GE and the list goes on because this is BIG Money and BIG campaign contributions.

The Democrats would rather have "fair trade" with labor and environmental agreements as conditions of trade. As Clinton did by shutting down military bases, most Democrats would rather spend money on education, health care, services and infrastructure rather then bombs to kill people.

Lets not get this confused the U.S. spends more per year on military then the next 10 countries combined.

I recall a few years ago a U.S. military man was accused of rapeing a minor Japaneese girl, the Japaneese people protested to have the military base closed in Japan. They dont want us their but if they want to keep shipping their cars to the U.S. they must allow us to keep our base.

The goal is quoted as being "national protection" but the real issue is money.

Our govt. wants to police the world on my dime, I want our military to protect American people, not American profits overseas. If Ford invest money overseas and the govt takes the plant then its Fords loss, they should have invested the money in the U.S.

We need to demand that our govt close all of the bases in Japan, Germany, S. Korea and all of the other countries and start worrying about Americans on American soil.

There are two thoughts in our govt. one is held by Republicans that believe we should open our markets to the rest of the world (except Cuba, N. Korea and Iran) even if they dont open theirs. We should spend most of the tax money on our military (even if we dont need more bombs or tanks and not increase in military pay or benefits for soldiers). In exchange for other countries allowing us to maintain a military presence in their countries (Japan, Germany and S. Korea to name a few) we give those countries the ability to sell vehicles in the U.S. without allowing the U.S. to ship vehicles to those countries. Its a give and take negotiation and the Republicans in our govt. would rather give our tax money to Haliburton, Lockheed, Electric Boat, GE and the list goes on because this is BIG Money and BIG campaign contributions.

The Democrats would rather have "fair trade" with labor and environmental agreements as conditions of trade. As Clinton did by shutting down military bases, most Democrats would rather spend money on education, health care, services and infrastructure rather then bombs to kill people.

Lets not get this confused the U.S. spends more per year on military then the next 10 countries combined.

I recall a few years ago a U.S. military man was accused of rapeing a minor Japaneese girl, the Japaneese people protested to have the military base closed in Japan. They dont want us their but if they want to keep shipping their cars to the U.S. they must allow us to keep our base.

FINALLY, FINALLY SOMEONE I CAN RELATE TO. EXCELLANT POST MY FRIEND! VERY WELL STATED.

Our govt. wants to police the world on my dime, I want our military to protect American people, not American profits overseas. If Ford invest money overseas and the govt takes the plant then its Fords loss, they should have invested the money in the U.S.

We need to demand that our govt close all of the bases in Japan, Germany, S. Korea and all of the other countries and start worrying about Americans on American soil.

hannity and rush say e need open markets! but the usa is the only country in the world with a open market. but the republicans dont care to talk about that fact they just say capitalism is the best way which it is not and last septembers bank failures proved that!

hannity and rush say e need open markets! but the usa is the only country in the world with a open market. but the republicans dont care to talk about that fact they just say capitalism is the best way which it is not and last septembers bank failures proved that!

Those were not bank failures, they were propped up by the government. Did Obama "CHANGE" any of that??????????????????????????????????????

FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

Open market in NA...basically closed market there...they can fk right off!

However ignore the issue as always and proceed with the repub/dem flamewar. I swear you guys must be the most divdied nation on earth.

+1

we should just mirror their import policies.

dont worry the republican party will make sure that any Buy American stuff is taken out of all bills as they did with the 1st stimulus bill..

and if McCain had won we wouldnt be having this discussion because like the Boeing deal he would make sure that all stuff was imported..

Exactly.

Open market in NA...basically closed market there...they can fk right off!

However ignore the issue as always and proceed with the repub/dem flamewar. I swear you guys must be the most divdied nation on earth.

Yea we are divided and its because my tax money is protecting Japan, Germany, S. Korea and YES CANADA. You guys need to fight your own battles and not depend on my taxes to protect your nation!

Yea we are divided and its because my tax money is protecting Japan, Germany, S. Korea and YES CANADA. You guys need to fight your own battles and not depend on my taxes to protect your nation!

Well....I would debate you but...You haven't made your point. What is your taxpayer money protecting us from? What "battles" didn't we fight?

Well....I would debate you but...You haven't made your point. What is your taxpayer money protecting us from? What "battles" didn't we fight?

If the USA wasnt the bully on the block Canada would have more problems then they could imagine, it is the threat of the US protecting Canada that keeps Canada out of problems. Just like China protects N. Korea from the bully.

If the US didnt spend the $1 trillion a year on "defense" or should I say offense purposes and spent maybe $100 billion to keep a National Guard in the US, then Americans could easily have health care for all. America spends around 4% (over $700 billion) of its GDP on military yearly, Canada spends around 2% (less than $18 billion) yearly. Why is it the US has to spend so much money on military? Canada seems to think they can defend themselves on less than $18 billion a year. Its because its about money and our military budgets are created by politicians so yes its political.

I have nothing against Canada or Canadians but America use to be a great country until the wealthy corporations started pushing its agenda for profits. Well enough is enough and we shouldnt be protecting these corporations that want to move overseas for cheap labor. We shouldnt be spending $700 billion a year on bases around the world and weapons we dont need. Americans are no more protected then the Canadians but we spend 50 times more on military every year.

Yes I will say it the Republican party is the problem when it comes to how much we spend on military. They want to keep the military corporations well funded at the Americans expense. Lets cut the budget 50% a year until we spend $100 billion or less on our military. Use that money to pay off the national debt or fund SS or Medicare, education, hydrogen vehicle research, health care. Until we get the greedy defense corporations off of the payroll we will continue to decline as a nation!

If the USA wasnt the bully on the block Canada would have more problems then they could imagine, it is the threat of the US protecting Canada that keeps Canada out of problems. Just like China protects N. Korea from the bully.

If the US didnt spend the $1 trillion a year on "defense" or should I say offense purposes and spent maybe $100 billion to keep a National Guard in the US, then Americans could easily have health care for all. America spends around 4% (over $700 billion) of its GDP on military yearly, Canada spends around 2% (less than $18 billion) yearly. Why is it the US has to spend so much money on military? Canada seems to think they can defend themselves on less than $18 billion a year. Its because its about money and our military budgets are created by politicians so yes its political.

I have nothing against Canada or Canadians but America use to be a great country until the wealthy corporations started pushing its agenda for profits. Well enough is enough and we shouldnt be protecting these corporations that want to move overseas for cheap labor. We shouldnt be spending $700 billion a year on bases around the world and weapons we dont need. Americans are no more protected then the Canadians but we spend 50 times more on military every year.

Yes I will say it the Republican party is the problem when it comes to how much we spend on military. They want to keep the military corporations well funded at the Americans expense. Lets cut the budget 50% a year until we spend $100 billion or less on our military. Use that money to pay off the national debt or fund SS or Medicare, education, hydrogen vehicle research, health care. Until we get the greedy defense corporations off of the payroll we will continue to decline as a nation!

OK, It's hypocritical of me to debate American politics..since that's what I was bitching about, You've got me on that. And I completely agree with your point about corporations.

However, blaming your massive military budget on peaceful nations is pretty weak. Canada has about the same chance of being invaded as other countries of roughly similar population and defence spending....Australia,Italy,Spain etc...It's not happening. You're military spending is your own doing. At least point the blame/excuse at the middle east please.

Costa Rica abolished all military spending and their military and spends the money on other things such as education.. Its in their constitution. So... who is threatening them?

On December 1, 1948, President José Figueres Ferrer of Costa Rica abolished the country's army after victory in the civil war in that year.[1] In a ceremony in the Cuartel Bellavista, Figueres broke a wall with a mallet symbolizing the end of Costa Rica's military spirit. In 1949, the abolition of the military was introduced in Article 12 of the Costa Rican Constitution.

José Figueres Ferrer breaking a wall of the Cuartel Bellavista symbolizing the abolition of the Military.

The budget previously dedicated to the military now is dedicated to security, education and culture; the country maintains Police Guard forces. The museum Museo Nacional de Costa Rica was placed in the Cuartel Bellavista as a symbol of commitment to culture.

In 1986, President Oscar Arias Sánchez declared December 1 as the Día de la Abolición del Ejército (Military abolition day) with Law #8115.

Unlike its neighbors, Costa Rica has not endured a civil war since 1948.

F- Japan

F- South Korea

F- China

All protectionist countries.

Let us import to them what they import here

Let us set up shop there without partnerships

Or maybe we should just do what they do, wait we cant do that then all the foriegn car sucking liberals would cry.

If you own a Import you have no right to bitch about the economy, you are part of the problem not the solution.

Guess what Germany is crying about now??

OK, It's hypocritical of me to debate American politics..since that's what I was bitching about, You've got me on that. And I completely agree with your point about corporations.

However, blaming your massive military budget on peaceful nations is pretty weak. Canada has about the same chance of being invaded as other countries of roughly similar population and defence spending....Australia,Italy,Spain etc...It's not happening. You're military spending is your own doing. At least point the blame/excuse at the middle east please.

You right they don't need to worry. Just their second major terrorist attack since 9/11 in our country.

spain car blast

• 2 weeks later...

i think he is referring to the fact that canada is protected by norad,for free. to think that this is done for reasons other than the protection of the us itself is an example of his ignorance.having said that,it is a fair question to ask,were the us not providing this protection,how much would it cost canada? would it be enough to impact that health coverage we hear so much about??? lol

Well Mr Ichiro Fujisaki you subhuman FUCK......if you would please Fujison.....look up in the sky....we've got something for ya ! :finger: