Should the Mustang Have Gone This Route

By the way, I'm still waiting on that new Bronco that's going to destory the Jeep guys? Where is it. Nick you promised me. LMAO

Ummm...I never promised anything in regards to a Bronco. Would I have liked to see the Bronco concept go into production? Sure. Would it have gone into production as a Jeep competitor? No. Did I ever infer that it would? No. Stop trying to put words in other people's mouths when you can barely keep track of the ones coming out of your own.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im aware of that. I am a member of the Four Eye Pride forums too lol. (almost bought an 86 recently...)

I didnt say EVERY Mustang can be repoped from the ground up. Some years obviously have more aftermarket support than others. New ones have a great aftermarket, and if you want a 67 fastback, you can basically build whatever you want from the ground up with nothing that ever had a Ford part number on it.

I say lets put square headlights back on Jeeps!

:stirpot:

I bet you said, "Put round headlights back on the Jeeps", when they went square. :hysterical:

You can always tell the guys that lack the brain power to partake in a conversation rationally. They'll be the ones to start cursing people they don't agree with. Seriously.

RECAP:

1.) Idiot starts a thread and admits he doesn't know anything about what he speaks of. ("...I may not know all the performance numbers, and acceleration times, but...")

2.) Idiot has everybody try and politely tell him he is right: He doesn't know what he's talking about.

3.) Idiot gets offended and starts hurling insults like he has Tourettes.

4.) I finally call him an idiot, and he says that I'm immature for calling him a name. (Would an idiot by any other name not still be an idiot?)

5.) Idiot calmly says "I'm not playing anymore, I'm taking my thread and going home."

6.) Thread goes on without him, and he's still an idiot.

Carry on.

Edited by chiefstang

Wow, 30 minutes (on and off, fuss and angst aside) and can't help but dip a toe in the blustery waters (frigid, but not unanticipated...) :hysterical:

Out of the box thinking

Suppose, just suppose Hyundai makes a commitment to the niche. They attempt to flood the market (one they don't currently play in, one they want, note past record please, yup, that's how they grew) and manage to lease a few tens of hundreds left to dismal residuals.

Next, they do the automaker version of "open source" and let some of the aftermarket hungry's into the shop to make solid gains with engineering data. Suppose, just suppose, someone finds a handheld 40 horses, and someone else discovers on a perfect day that an entirely new airbox might give 10 more with the handheld and premium fuel and xsed fingers...

Now suppose that someone puts a set of near new hard drag radials on said lease return loss leader with 50 more horses and the kid with the traction compound actually thought about his job. Next thing you know, a Camaro with all the bells, whistles and best intentions( include as written an idiot lookie loo driver) takes the slink road back to the parking lot. Sold, one internet sensation, a bunch of kids who don't really want (or let alone afFORD a REAL STI) a latest GTI, selling an accommodating Dad or Uncle, or indulgent Mother on a cheapened lease return Genesis coupe...

And for the sake of discussion, pre suppose that the cheap ass more or less five link can be fixed for something less than a grand, not unreasonable...(Termi half shaft market...?)

If you haven't seen this movie before, refer to the birth of the modern 55-57 Chevy, AKA the Fox, that of subsidized passion, marketing and dangerous word of mouth.

Honestly, if Hyundai wants it, they can take it. Current Stang buyers are a declining breed, and the legend is dying on the vine, if for no other reason than the mid sorta range it now plays in does more than it ought to, and lacks that "front yard without a garage" passion.

Would Ford let that market go?

Can they?

The Stang is the only car on earth that for the price point, aged chassis thinking and all, that can scale from rental to super (ish) with attendant profit.

We have doubts as to the future, and the aftermarket that once fueled 300 page competing magazines is in decline, when editors struggle with a new definition of performance that does not include actual numbers (or a set of tools...).

Hardly a panic, but if the previews from SEMA pan out, the Mustang is looking for a new franchise, and for the first time in 20 years, has a real competitor.

And one that plays to win.

Can I show something in a bolt on blower and some chassis dyno talkie time...?

Wow, 30 minutes (on and off, fuss and angst aside) and can't help but dip a toe in the blustery waters (frigid, but not unanticipated...) :hysterical:

Out of the box thinking

Suppose, just suppose Hyundai makes a commitment to the niche. They attempt to flood the market (one they don't currently play in, one they want, note past record please, yup, that's how they grew) and manage to lease a few tens of hundreds left to dismal residuals.

Next, they do the automaker version of "open source" and let some of the aftermarket Hungary's into the shop to make solid gains with engineering data. Suppose, just suppose, someone finds a handheld 40 horses, and someone else discovers on a perfect day that an entirely new airbox might give 10 more with the handheld and premium fuel and xsed fingers...

Now suppose that someone puts a set of near new hard drag radials on said lease return loss leader with 50 more horses and the kid with the traction compound actually thought about his job. Next thing you know, a Camaro with all the bells, whistles and best intentions( include as written an idiot lookie loo driver) takes the slink road back to the parking lot. Sold, one internet sensation, a bunch of kids who don't really want (or let alone afFORD a REAL STI) a latest GTI, selling an accommodating Dad or Uncle, or indulgent Mother on a cheapened lease return Genesis coupe...

And for the sake of discussion, pre suppose that the cheap ass more or less five link can be fixed for something less than a grand, not unreasonable...(Termi half shaft market...?)

If you haven't seen this movie before, refer to the birth of the modern 55-57 Chevy, AKA the Fox, that of subsidized passion, marketing and dangerous word of mouth.

Honestly, if Hyundai wants it, they can take it. Current Stang buyers are a declining breed, and the legend is dying on the vine, if for no other reason than the mid sorta range it now plays in does more than it ought to, and lacks that "front yard without a garage" passion.

Can they?

The Stang is the only car on earth that for the price point, aged chassis thinking and all, that can scale from rental to super (ish) with attendant profit.

We have doubts as to the future, and the aftermarket that once fueled 300 page competing magazines is in decline, when editors struggle with a new definition of performance that does not include actual numbers (or a set of tools...).

Hardly a panic, but if the previews from SEMA pan out, the Mustang is looking for a new franchise, and for the first time in 20 years, has a real competitor.

:hysterical:

The NASCAR mentality group.

Out of the box thinking

Next, they do the automaker version of "open source" and let some of the aftermarket hungry's into the shop to make solid gains with engineering data. Suppose, just suppose, someone finds a handheld 40 horses, and someone else discovers on a perfect day that an entirely new airbox might give 10 more with the handheld and premium fuel and xsed fingers...

Can they?

First off, are you implying that Ford does not pay attention to market trends? Trust me they do.

A revo/awd boosted Focus will lay waste to a bunch of cars including the Genesis. Give that some thought.

You're not making any friends except Blackhorse by dissing the Mustang and it's 45 year legacy.

First off, are you implying that Ford does not pay attention to market trends? Trust me they do.

A revo/awd boosted Focus will lay waste to a bunch of cars including the Genesis. Give that some thought.

You're not making any friends except Blackhorse by dissing the Mustang and it's 45 year legacy.

Yeah, because when I was on this thread giving compliments to the Mustang, saying that it's a great car, leaving it's mark on automotive history and all that. That was really me "dissing" the Mustang, of which I've owned two.

Shutup moron.

Sup,

I think they should leave the Mustang be. Why mess with a good thing?. This trend for cars to go all super handly(?) and what not is starting to make me laugh. Somewhere the current generation forgot how to drive. To me, and probably me, cars with less than steller dynamics are more fun. Earlier this year I test drove a 370z. That thing handles like a man possessed. The suspension is utterly unbelieveable, but it left me cold. I really didn't have to drive the car. All i did was turn, thats it. I didn't have to fight it, or get ready for the tail to ride out, same with all these AWD monsters like the GTR. Great car, but where is the soul?.

The Mustang has a soul. It is raw, unrefined, it is the quitisential muscle car. It's the kind of car that was build by drivers and not engineers. I love driving me BMW, it is refined to the tits, but it lacks that soul. Ferrari is a good example of this. Italian refinment lacking soul. It's Like the difference between Pavortotti and Eddie Vedder. One is a Italian refinemnt, the other gutteral, raw, American soul. I guess I just prefer to rock is all.

Skape

mustang,genesis,bronco,jeep..what's next in the stupidest arguement thread?

Oh I know, if they make the mustang into a ranchero then they can take the place of the ranger and if it's called mustang-f series then it can add sales to the trucks too.

Argue that for a while you twits

I believe that at one time, Ford was thinking about several different vehicles from the Mustang.

1962-mustang-concept-19656.jpg

1962 Mustang Concept

1965 Ford Concepts.. Look at the "GPS" system in 1965..lol

youtube.. 1965 Ford

I believe that at one time, Ford was thinking about several different vehicles from the Mustang.

1962-mustang-concept-19656.jpg

1962 Mustang Concept

1965 Ford Concepts.. Look at the "GPS" system in 1965..lol

youtube.. 1965 Ford

A lot of people forget that the original concept for the Mustang was a 2 seat roadster. Who knows, if Ford had stayed with that plan you might be looking at a Mustang that is more like a Miata or a Sky today. Can you a imagine the Miata with a 300 hp 4.6 motor? The really funny thing is that you guys would never have known anything different and when some guy came to your forum and just "asked" the question "Hey, do you guys think the Mustang should be a 2 + 2 coupe?" you would all wail and scream and call him names as though he had just committed some cardinal sin. lol

PS, that Steve McQueen Mustang commercial was a truly great piece of advertising was it not mettech? I always liked that one.

Edited by BlackHorse

A lot of people forget that the original concept for the Mustang was a 2 seat roadster.

Hal Sperlich, in the Autoline interview said that the RWD Mustang had been started before the mid-engine concept car, that got the Mustang name attached to it as a support to the forthcoming Mustang. You can find the thread in the Open Discussion section

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=36407

It was a clever use of the Taunus V-4, fabricated by Troutman-Barnes, IIRC. Totally not for mass production, unfortunately. Even Lotus couldn't tackle a production mid-engine until the Europa.

A lot of people forget that the original concept for the Mustang was a 2 seat roadster. Who knows, if Ford had stayed with that plan you might be looking at a Mustang that is more like a Miata or a Sky today. Can you a imagine the Miata with a 300 hp 4.6 motor? The really funny thing is that you guys would never have known anything different and when some guy came to your forum and just "asked" the question "Hey, do you guys think the Mustang should be a 2 + 2 coupe?" you would all wail and scream and call him names as though he had just committed some cardinal sin. lol

PS, that Steve McQueen Mustang commercial was a truly great piece of advertising was it not mettech? I always liked that one.

The original Mustang concept as we know it was actually Cougar.

The two seater was unrelated as can be to the Mustang as we know it today.