In What Galaxy(ie?) Does That Thing Look Similar To A Galaxie(y)??

No, no, keep it going. I love old Galaxies - and I'm sure this thread will bring some great pictures out. Here, I'll start - this is identical to the one my family bought in the 60s, and that I drove in high school:

Sorry for the small size.

OK but edit the thread title and first post. Let's make it "MLHM5 loves both the Galaxie and Galaxy". :shades:

No, no, keep it going. I love old Galaxies - and I'm sure this thread will bring some great pictures out. Here, I'll start - this is identical to the one my family bought in the 60s, and that I drove in high school:

Nice looking '63. I wonder how many folks remember "Total Performance?"

Nice looking '63. I wonder how many folks remember "Total Performance?"

Oh I remember it. Right in the seat of my pants. A high school friend was over at Thanksgiving, and he reminded me of the time we got it up to 107. In a 25mph zone. In front of an elementary school.

It was night time.

I was always a contender for a Darwin award. Never got one :(

I do. Here's a treat.

Ford Total Performance 1964 Film Parts 1-5

Go Super Torque Ford 1964

Remember it? I had one! My first car looked like the 64 Galaxie 500 in the Super Torque Ad (mine wasn't an XL though) but were the same colors! Mine had a 4 bbl 390/cruis-o-matic.

Many years later, and quite a few years ago, I had a 64 Falcon Sprint convertible followed by a 64 T-Bird convertible. Yeah I liked the 64 Fords.......ALOT!

In the Super Torque Ad it says:

"In any age the automobile is a product of it's times."

Still holds true today, be it Galaxie or Galaxy.

I had a 64 Falcon Sprint convertible followed by a 64 T-Bird convertible. Yeah I liked the 64 Fords.......ALOT!

When I was a kid, my Dad (engineer at Ford) brought home a special '63 Falcon Sprint with a-then prototype 289 Hi-Po dropped into it for testing. Talk about Total Performance. This thing ripped.

When I was a kid, my Dad (engineer at Ford) brought home a special '63 Falcon Sprint with a-then prototype 289 Hi-Po dropped into it for testing. Talk about Total Performance. This thing ripped.

Mine was originally a 260 V8/2 speed automatic, the previous owner changed it over to a warmed up 289/4 speed. It ran GREAT, but looked like shi^, it was in primer, jacked up, TJ tuck and roll interior, small steering wheel.....and 1970 Mustang base wheelcovers (I would of liked the dog dish caps!).

This was 1987, there weren't many reproduction parts. But I had the interior redone as original. A friend found a Sprint steering wheel. I found a Sprint tach. Repainted with the pastel yellow (Springtime?) and put on some period Crager SS wheels.

Mine was originally a 260 V8/2 speed automatic, the previous owner changed it over to a warmed up 289/4 speed. It ran GREAT, but looked like shi^, it was in primer, jacked up, TJ tuck and roll interior, small steering wheel.....and 1970 Mustang base wheelcovers (I would of liked the dog dish caps!).

This was 1987, there weren't many reproduction parts. But I had the interior redone as original. A friend found a Sprint steering wheel. I found a Sprint tach. Repainted with the pastel yellow (Springtime?) and put on some period Crager SS wheels.

Timmm did you know that all of the '64 1/2 Mustang steering wheels had the Falcon Sprint logo under the Mustang emblem in the center of the horn ring? Ford just riveted the Mustang center on top.

You have excellent taste in cars. I was looking for a Falcon Sprint when I bought my '66 T-bird convertible and the '64 is my favorite Galaxie. My cousin had a red '64 XL hardtop with a black vinyl top.