Ford's December Sales

Trailblazer

2009 November sales

Terrible comparison considering the last plant that produced them closed about a year ago.

The last Chevrolet TrailBlazer rolled off the Moraine line on December 16, 2008, a week before the plant's closure. The closing of the last factory that manufactured the trucks was the subject of a 2009 HBO documentary “The Last Truck: Closing of a G.M. Plant”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Trailblazer

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible comparison considering the last plant that produced them closed about a year ago.

Um no shit shirlock...the point I was making was the Traverse pretty much replaced the Trailblazer in Chevy's line up and sold slightly better numbers then the Trailblazer did. And the Traverse is pretty much the same thing the upcoming Explorer is going to be

You know the answer to this one.

Explorer: Dedicated platform with minimal shared components

Flex/Taurus: Shares platform and many components with MKS, MKX, Edge, Upcoming Explorer...

Yep. I know the answer, and I accept why the Explorer in its current form is being discontinued. But, if people are going to throw around numbers, and call things failures because sales don't reach said number, I am going to throw them back into peoples faces to show how stupid they are to make such a statement.

Oh, and for the record, the Flex and future Explorer is on D4. Current Edge/MkX is on CD3 and the 2010 Taurus is still on D3.

Yep. I know the answer, and I accept why the Explorer in its current form is being discontinued. But, if people are going to throw around numbers, and call things failures because sales don't reach said number, I am going to throw them back into peoples faces to show how stupid they are to make such a statement.

Oh, and for the record, the Flex and future Explorer is on D4. Current Edge/MkX is on CD3 and the 2010 Taurus is still on D3.

You sure about that one? I thought it made the switch to D4 with the 2010 redesign?

Um no shit shirlock...the point I was making was the Traverse pretty much replaced the Trailblazer in Chevy's line up and sold slightly better numbers then the Trailblazer did. And the Traverse is pretty much the same thing the upcoming Explorer is going to be

Compare the Taurus X/Freestyle to the current Explorer? :stirpot:

You sure about that one? I thought it made the switch to D4 with the 2010 redesign?

I still have you blocked. I don't know why I chose to view your post. I promise it wont happen again.

The 2010 Ford Taurus is based on the same platform and chassis as the 2009 Lincoln MKS, sharing the refinements and handling improvements the MKS brought to Ford’s D3 architecture.

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews_09/0...0taurus-172.htm

Not according to the article I quoted, unless the MkS is already on D4. I didn't look that one up

MKS was the first to be on D4 (has been since it was introduced)... 2010 Taurus/Flex/MKT are also on D4. D3 only underpins the Edge/MKX currently.

EDIT: Looking for link... I know that I've read that, and it has been discussed here...

EDIT 2: I believe the major change from D3 to D4 was the front suspension set up and making changes up front for EcoBoost V6. I think that most publications thought that it was a "revised" D3 instead of the D4 monikor it earned with the MKT/Flex.

The MKS platform uses significantly revised and re-engineered front and rear suspensions compared to its S80 and Taurus ancestors. Its engine is a 3.7-liter version of the 3.5-liter Duratec V6 and MKS will be among the first to get Ford’s Turbocharged, Direct Gasoline Injection engine that it calls EcoBoost.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/05/26/462815.html

Edited by PREMiERdrum

Link?

I believe the major change from D3 to D4 was the front suspension set up and making changes up front for EcoBoost V6. I think that most publications thought that it was a "revised" D3 instead of the D4 monikor it earned with the MKT/Flex.

The MKS platform uses significantly revised and re-engineered front and rear suspensions compared to its S80 and Taurus ancestors. Its engine is a 3.7-liter version of the 3.5-liter Duratec V6 and MKS will be among the first to get Ford’s Turbocharged, Direct Gasoline Injection engine that it calls EcoBoost.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

I believe the major change from D3 to D4 was the front suspension set up and making changes up front for EcoBoost V6. I think that most publications thought that it was a "revised" D3 instead of the D4 monikor it earned with the MKT/Flex.

Your probably right. Most publications don't keep up on chassis designations. I just haven't seen D4 in anything I have read so I thought they were waiting for the next major redesign to move it.

Doesn't matter anyway. It didn't sell 50,000 copies this year, so according to numbers discussed earlier, it must be discontinued.

You'd guess wrong, like you did predicting the failure of Ford stock at $2.00.

You don't see the sarcasm in my statement, do you?

And yep. I predicted Ford would fold. Glad I was wrong. I played around with my TESPHE account and made a bundle, and still have a job.

Sucks to be me, I guess.

Your probably right. Most publications don't keep up on chassis designations. I just haven't seen D4 in anything I have read so I thought they were waiting for the next major redesign to move it.

Doesn't matter anyway. It didn't sell 50,000 copies this year, so according to numbers discussed earlier, it must be discontinued.

D4 had to be made because D3 couldnt handle the 3.5 EB which off course had to be made when Ford decided not to use the yahama V8.

You don't see the sarcasm in my statement, do you?

And yep. I predicted Ford would fold. Glad I was wrong. I played around with my TESPHE account and made a bundle, and still have a job.

Sucks to be me, I guess.

I'm so sorry..... I didn't see the sarcasm, I thought you were having a dig.

I wasn't thinking Explorer was wrong , Ford moving to D4 where it could survive

and provide more certainty for CAP by boosting production there.

I still have you blocked. I don't know why I chose to view your post. I promise it wont happen again.

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews_09/0...0taurus-172.htm

Well, I still don't understand why you have me blocked in the first place.......

MKS was the first to be on D4 (has been since it was introduced)... 2010 Taurus/Flex/MKT are also on D4. D3 only underpins the Edge/MKX currently.

EDIT: Looking for link... I know that I've read that, and it has been discussed here...

EDIT 2: I believe the major change from D3 to D4 was the front suspension set up and making changes up front for EcoBoost V6. I think that most publications thought that it was a "revised" D3 instead of the D4 monikor it earned with the MKT/Flex.

Edge/MKX are on CD3s, not to be confused with D3/4 or the Fusion triplet's CD3 platform.

Okay:

1) Bronco is a non-starter. Not enough people want one. You want to rail against the failure of the auto industry to serve the 'long tail', fine by me. You're just wasting your time.

2) There is no official D4. The '08 Taurus had a major change to the front subframe, the '09 MKS & Flex had a major change to the rear suspension. The combined upgrades have been termed D4 by, basically, this board and a few blogs. But there is NO D4.

3) The Edge/MKX are nominally CD3, but share almost no chassis/suspension/frame components with the Fusion/Milan/MKS. The Edge/MKX are derived from the Mazda MPV which was derived from the Mazda6. Hence the slim familial relationship used to justify the CD3 designation.

Oh, I agree with you to an extent.

I've felt all along that with Ford's new, modern powertrains and an upgraded interior and exterior that the Explorer would sell a lot better. The problem is, though, that it's on it's own platform, so it still can't share a lot of parts with the rest of the lineup - that, I feel, is a big, if not the biggest reason for Explorer moving to D3/4, not so much that Ford wants to make it FWD/AWD.

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that economies of scale killed the BOF Explorer.