MyFord and MyLincoln Touch

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/07/myford-...ome-is-awesome/

2011 Lincoln MKX and Ford Edge Interiors Revealed!!!

This news just wiped out my decision to buy a 2009 MKX or MKS with low miles or a 2010 Taurus SHO. I HAVE to wait until I can get all of these MyFord/Lincoln Touch goodies on my next Ford or Lincoln!!!!!

Edited by hbalek

Users will be able to take all of their MyFord Touch settings with them from vehicle to vehicle – just plug in an SD card or flash drive and you're good to go drive another MyFord Touch-equipped car. Your color scheme, your radio presets, your music tags, your seat position – whatever – all go with you. It will even welcome you by name, no matter the car. With the music tags, MyFord and MyLincoln Touch are the first systems that allow you to tag songs on the fly

Holy. Crap.

I don't think any of us saw this coming... wow.

NOT FAIR!!!!

I WANT ONE!!!! UGGGHH!!!!!

This system look amazing and so much better than the already great system.

I know hbalek - I just can't get over how awesome this thing will be................grrrrrrr :banghead:

I don't know how anyone will be able to touch this - it's just as the article said:

In other words, no one could even compete with Ford's old stuff. How on earth will they manage against MyFord Touch?

----

Oh, and did anyone notice you can get two different control setups?? The stock system and the SONY designed system.

---

Both interiors look nice too - I actually see some Falcon in the Edge's design:

112_0804_02z%202008_ford_falcon_G6E_turbo%20interior.jpg

Edited by rmc523

I love the information overload on it. I dont care for the tiny little buttons with the markings above it, I would rather have a larger button or "thing" to click with the markings within the button. It just looks too delicate and spartan considering whats just above it. Love the Fusion Hybrid like IP, although I never cared for speedometers where only 1/4th of the pie shape will only be used 0-60 spread, hm an inch movement, the PRNDL didnt help, The rest if wasted decoration. I like the new steering wheels as well... Is that a bronze like sheen to the metal for the Lincoln variant I'm seeing?

I love the information overload on it. I dont care for the tiny little buttons with the markings above it, I would rather have a larger button or "thing" to click with the markings within the button. It just looks too delicate and spartan considering whats just above it. Love the Fusion Hybrid like IP, although I never cared for speedometers where only 1/4th of the pie shape will only be used 0-60 spread, hm an inch movement, the PRNDL didnt help, The rest if wasted decoration. I like the new steering wheels as well... Is that a bronze like sheen to the metal for the Lincoln variant I'm seeing?

I'm not a big fan of the speedometer setup either - I don't know why they feel it's necessary to put the gear indicator there as well these days.

This looks to be a game changer in the way we interact with our vehicles. This is very exciting and I'm glad to see it will even be on the Focus

and not just relegated to high-end models. This puts the infotainment tech in well-established brands to shame. And to think Ford was lagging

in vehicle tech just a few short years ago...

With this setup, I forgive them for cutting the Edge headlamps in the inner lower section. So, this is Edge and MKZ. I wonder if this will be available on Explorer and maybe Focus?

I believe someone said something similar would be on Explorer? Or maybe that was Edge, I can't remember...

scroll down.

I did...