MY COBRA IS BACK!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I felt kind of bad not doing much of this upgrade myself. So as my contribution, I polished the upper intake plenum. The new engine should be getting dropped in soon and hopefully everything will be wrapped up in a few more weeks. Here's the intake after polishing:

IMG_1103.jpg

I bet you polished your knob after that fine job. :shades: :hysterical: Looks fantastic.

I would have done the mods in the same order as you. Axle, suspension, then engine. After the engine I would probably just wait till the tranny breaks. Then brag to all the brand x guys how long the tranny did last.

"I got two whole summers with my T45 handling over 500 horse! ... Then it finally exploded."

I would have done the mods in the same order as you. Axle, suspension, then engine. After the engine I would probably just wait till the tranny breaks. Then brag to all the brand x guys how long the tranny did last.

"I got two whole summers with my T45 handling over 500 horse! ... Then it finally exploded."

Hahaha nice.

I think the last big expense I have for it after this will be some new seats. Still have the stock ones and they are pretty awful.

I'm VERY intereted in hearing how we're getting 360 at the wheels on a non FI 2 valve 4.6. Thats probably a FULL 140hp beyond stock and without forced induction, I need to hear how that's happening.

It's not, as I don't have a 2-valve. :D

Engine1.jpg

Stock 2Vs are lucky to make 230 rwhp...

This the last dyno pull I made, it's a touch out of date. B)

STDDynoBen.jpg

Edited by White99GT

• 3 weeks later...

It's baaaaAAAAaaaaack! Holy shit is it mean!!! 461 RWHP and 415 ft-lb torque on 10.5 lbs of boost. It's a freaking handful now! Just need to wait for the weather to get nice to take it out and really get used to it. The combination of all the additional power, the aluminum flywheel, and the new clutch, it's almost like learning stick all over again. A few hair-raising launches on the way back from the shop. :shift::runaway:

Engine bay really needs some detailing, but here's some preliminary pics:

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

dyno.jpg

Questions anyone? :shades:

post-20890-12698968467791_thumb.jpg

Brought you a gift.

I actually have this one in my garage:

110_108_4131_1.jpg

You know, Nick, I'm only a half hour away from you... :shades:

Oh yeah? Whereabouts?

What was the total price tag?

Oh geez, you don't even wanna know. North of $10K. :lol:

Did you have it dyno'd before the work was done?

Unfortunately, no. It was knocking pretty bad when I limped it in. Probably would have grenaded itself on the dyno. I'm guessing it was putting down about 270 at the wheels prior to the mods though.