Toyota's New Lineup!

mustang2

Toyota USA announced its new lineup, the Kamikazes, all models designed to kill Americans. Features not found on other cars (floormats not required).! PS, ABC News reported a Toyota spokesman announced at Tokyo headquarters if it's their fault they're sorry. They also reported Toyota is saying the recall is voluntary on their part. Funny, the feds say otherwise. Oh, what a feeling!

Toyota USA announced its new lineup, the Kamikazes, all models designed to kill Americans. Features not found on other cars (floormats not required).! PS, ABC News reported a Toyota spokesman announced at Tokyo headquarters if it's their fault they're sorry. They also reported Toyota is saying the recall is voluntary on their part. Funny, the feds say otherwise. Oh, what a feeling!

Forgive me for criticising you so harshly, but WWII ended in 1945. This is just negative piling-on due to prejudice. It's not funny either.

Edited by 156n3rd

Forgive me for criticising you so harshly, but WWII ended in 1945. This is just negative piling-on due to prejudice. It's not funny either.

Chill out, this doesn't have anything to do with your precious korean crap!

They're (Hyundai) too busy calling their customers psychos!

Edited by MY93SHO

Toyota stuck its head in the sand, and they deserve whatever they get. They've known of numerous safety issues and failed to protect their customers, and that's not funny but irresponsible. I don't believe it's prejudice to support your country's industry 'cause if you lose your job you're not eligible for unemployment from the home country of whatever import youre driving. Forget I said Kamikaze, that my have been rough. Just call it Divine Wind. We're all Ford fans (I think) so take it easy. Take care!

I am a fan of Ford. I just don't own one right now. But, you did put that word out there and it shows aan old and distainful view of things. I have never been a Toyota lover or hater. I have never owned one. Lastly, it's great to be patriotic. Not so great to when you want to see someone suffer or even perish when ALL JOBS in this country need protection. It should not matter their country of origin. Be cool.

I am a fan of Ford. I just don't own one right now. But, you did put that word out there and it shows aan old and distainful view of things. I have never been a Toyota lover or hater. I have never owned one. Lastly, it's great to be patriotic. Not so great to when you want to see someone suffer or even perish when ALL JOBS in this country need protection. It should not matter their country of origin. Be cool.

I hope Ford keeps taking market share away from Toyota, but at same time we need to think before casting stones. Ford has had its share of problems over the years and hopefully we can be above all the ridicule thrown at Ford over Pinto, Bronco ll, Explorer, and cruise control switches that overheated and sometimes caught fire. Let's show that domestic buyers are above this name calling. I hope Ford runs lots of ads now and goes after Toyota customers, but without ridiculing. I feel sorry for all the Toyota workers and their dealers. In my view, Ford will keep on taking market share from Toyota no matter what. Fprd had momentum even before this Toyota mess while Toyota lost theirs a long time ago.

I hope Ford keeps taking market share away from Toyota, but at same time we need to think before casting stones. Ford has had its share of problems over the years and hopefully we can be above all the ridicule thrown at Ford over Pinto, Bronco ll, Explorer, and cruise control switches that overheated and sometimes caught fire. Let's show that domestic buyers are above this name calling. I hope Ford runs lots of ads now and goes after Toyota customers, but without ridiculing. I feel sorry for all the Toyota workers and their dealers. In my view, Ford will keep on taking market share from Toyota no matter what. Fprd had momentum even before this Toyota mess while Toyota lost theirs a long time ago.

Yes it was Ford's fault that the Pinto exploded and I will also blame them for the cruise control debacle, however the Explorer was never a dangerous vehicle. It was dangerous tires made my Bridgestone/Firestone that caused all of the problems. Notice after the recall the issue was gone. Not to say that Explorers won't roll over because all vehicles will and SUV's of all types have a higher chance of rollover, but the Explorer itself did not have a higher rate of rollover compared to other SUV's made at that time. In the case of the Bronco II, the vehicle was never found to be defective by the NHTSA and it was not recalled. The Bronco II was an unstable vehicle, but many vehicles with a similar design were just as, if not more unstable. Many drivers respected that fact and never had an issue. Others drove them like a passenger car and flipped them on a regular basis. Was the Bronco II a bad idea? Yes! Did Ford learn it's lesson? Yes!

Toyota is acting like Ford did in the 70's and 80's. Ford had to learn their lesson the hard way and mistakes like the Pinto almost took the company down. Toyota is going to use their Teflon coating for all it is worth and we shall see how they emerge from it.

I just watched a Toyota ad on TV tonight. Unbelievable, they still have ads. It was about 4-runner. Is 4-runner not in the recall lists? The last phrase of the ad was "4-runner, are you in?" It sounds like a scary movie.

I just wonder anyone else watch any Toyota ads since stop the sale.

Yes it was Ford's fault that the Pinto exploded and I will also blame them for the cruise control debacle, however the Explorer was never a dangerous vehicle. It was dangerous tires made my Bridgestone/Firestone that caused all of the problems. Notice after the recall the issue was gone. Not to say that Explorers won't roll over because all vehicles will and SUV's of all types have a higher chance of rollover, but the Explorer itself did not have a higher rate of rollover compared to other SUV's made at that time. In the case of the Bronco II, the vehicle was never found to be defective by the NHTSA and it was not recalled. The Bronco II was an unstable vehicle, but many vehicles with a similar design were just as, if not more unstable. Many drivers respected that fact and never had an issue. Others drove them like a passenger car and flipped them on a regular basis. Was the Bronco II a bad idea? Yes! Did Ford learn it's lesson? Yes!

Toyota is acting like Ford did in the 70's and 80's. Ford had to learn their lesson the hard way and mistakes like the Pinto almost took the company down. Toyota is going to use their Teflon coating for all it is worth and we shall see how they emerge from it.

......and the Pinto was actually rated average when it came to rear-end fires within it's class. Far better than Gremlin. Pinto met all federal standards. It was the leaked internal memo stating the car could be safer. Explorer? Time reported it was rated 3rd best in rollover avoidance at the time of the investigation. And that was WITH Firestones. Imagine the higher rating with a quality tire. Firestone/Bridgestone (a Japanese company BTW) had to pay Ford almost a quarter billion dollars for replacing those tires ON THEIR OWN! I agree with you completely. The press will generally spin a story just to grab attention. Now Toyo's in the spotlight and they don't like it..........what a shame. ........so sorry........

......and the Pinto was actually rated average when it came to rear-end fires within it's class. Far better than Gremlin. Pinto met all federal standards. It was the leaked internal memo stating the car could be safer. Explorer? Time reported it was rated 3rd best in rollover avoidance at the time of the investigation. And that was WITH Firestones. Imagine the higher rating with a quality tire. Firestone/Bridgestone (a Japanese company BTW) had to pay Ford almost a quarter billion dollars for replacing those tires ON THEIR OWN! I agree with you completely. The press will generally spin a story just to grab attention. Now Toyo's in the spotlight and they don't like it..........what a shame. ........so sorry........

GREMLIN!? Please site your source on that accusation. I do not ever recall hearing about that. If it were true, the AMC Sportabout would've been just as vulnerable as the gas fill was right there at the rear of the car.

GREMLIN!? Please site your source on that accusation. I do not ever recall hearing about that. If it were true, the AMC Sportabout would've been just as vulnerable as the gas fill was right there at the rear of the car.

This fact, not accusation, was published in a national magazine several years ago. I don't recall which one but you can put a research team on it if you like.. Just as the Pinto wagons were safer because of their extra length, the Sportwagon would have fared better than the Gremlin. The article went on to say that even though the Pinto's "explosion" percentage was lower than the Gremlin's, its greater sales numbers drew attention, much like the number one selling Explorer.

I'm just waiting for a news article with a cartoon illustration that sums up what is happening with Toyota...Maybe a litlte car, with some big heads popping out of it with a shocked face and a caption "Moving Forward"...while you see the expression of sheer terror on the peoples inside... I'm surprised I havent seen one yet...

I think most people here hate Toyota because they've set themselves up as an unstoppable powerhouse out to dominate the global auto industry with flawless, bland, appliance-like cars - not because they're Japanese. Their reputation for quality and reliability is what built their market position, and they exaggerate their own reputation to the point of calling other cars inferior.

I think that practice justifies disdain. And, it makes this incident particularly ironic. Who can be blamed for enjoying the stumbling of an arrogant corporation?

Anyhow, I am certain nobody here finds glee in the death of a toyota driver (well, except for some of the UAW types). I'm fairly sure nobody at Toyota will lose their jobs over this. Toyota's sales will recover just fine, and in the meantime they need all the factory workers to fix the cars already produced.

Of course it's not.

Everybody knows kamikazes flew Mitsubishi built Zero's during WWII. wink.gif

Sure is fun to pile on though! party2.gif

......right! And Mitsubishi has hidden its defects from the Japanese government as well. Maybe those Mitsu kamikazes didn't intend to crash into our ships, maybe it was just more runaway product......but then, I don't want to pile on.......BTW, I called the local Toyo dealer, told him I wanted the new Kamikaze model.....you should have heard him groan! So he told me to call Toyo, 1-800-331-4331. I reminded him that calls weren't being answered. Poor Toyo, you reap what you sow. Sushi anyone?

Anyhow, I am certain nobody here finds glee in the death of a toyota driver (well, except for some of the UAW types). I'm fairly sure nobody at Toyota will lose their jobs over this. Toyota's sales will recover just fine, and in the meantime they need all the factory workers to fix the cars already produced.

Woah...... That's out of order there Noah, how would you know what a UAW type would wish on Toyota drivers. My Dad,my bro & my hubby are Ford UAW workers, & the first thing out of their mouth was worry over those who had been hurt & worry for those driving those vehicles around right now. Don't speak for people you don't know. How saddening..

As for the digs at Toyota, now they are getting to feel how we feel when someone says Found On Road Dead or Fix Or Repair Daily. :)

Edited by MTPwife

Woah...... That's out of order there Noah, how would you know what a UAW type would wish on Toyota drivers. My Dad,my bro & my hubby are Ford UAW workers, & the first thing out of their mouth was worry over those who had been hurt & worry for those driving those vehicles around right now. Don't speak for people you don't know. How disheartening....

I don't at all imagine the attitudes demonstrated by some of the loud-mouth morons on this site are representative of anything other than themselves. I wouldn't dare think that of any UAW worker who hasn't said those kinds of things.

But there are some - the worst of the worst - who spout out racist vitriol against foreign competitors. Many times, they've compared people who buy foreign cars to traitors. Given the kinds of things they've said, I wouldn't put it past them.

It was out of line to identify them as "some UAW types", yes. It so happens that most of the people who say those kinds of things are UAW workers, but they are the tiniest minority, and that should not and does not at all reflect on others, such as your family.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

I don't at all imagine the attitudes demonstrated by some of the loud-mouth morons on this site are representative of anything other than themselves. I wouldn't dare think that of any UAW worker who hasn't said those kinds of things.

But there are some - the worst of the worst - who spout out racist vitriol against foreign competitors. Many times, they've compared people who buy foreign cars to traitors. Given the kinds of things they've said, I wouldn't put it past them.

It was out of line to identify them as "some UAW types", yes. It so happens that most of the people who say those kinds of things are UAW workers, but they are the tiniest minority, and that should not and does not at all reflect on others, such as your family.

Calling someone a traitor & wishing them dead are 2 entirely different things. Yeah there are some huge jackasses in the UAW to be sure but that could said for every walk of life. I do believe if you checked the employee side, you'd not see anyone wishing toyota owners death. In fact, quite alot of what has been said is quite similar to the non UAW types on this very thread have said.

Let's just be happy that it's not Ford Motor Company being hammered by this recall. I love Ford Motor Company. I've grown up with 5 generations of Ford workers be it white collar or blue collar. I'm hoping Toyota's loss will be Ford's gain & we'll be # 1 in NA sooner rather than later.

Nice to meet you Noah.

It so happens that most of the people who say those kinds of things are UAW workers

Approx 250k UAW workers in a country of, what? 300 million? And you don't think other people have those thoughts?

people who buy foreign cars are traitors

I want bumper stickers that say that. Any idea where I can have them printed?

And, I'm not a racist for saying/thinking it.