Criteria for getting an appointed position @ local 900

MTP'er

The criteria for getting an appointed position @ local 900

1.Must be related to someone in office whether it be the plant chairman, president or even better yet someone from the IUAW.

2. Have NO experience what so ever in the field you’re being appointed to.

3. MUST be a suck @ss.

4. Have little or no seniority

Is this how it is @ most locals or is just that way here. This seems to be a carryover from the Washington administration with sons, daughters and relatives getting appointed positions. I would have thought that this administration (Robinson Jr, Johnson & Stockdale) would do things different, but what gets me is that it’s so blatant and they don’t care. They rather take the heat and wait until it blows over, to get their relatives a preferred job.

1.Must be related to someone in office whether it be the plant chairman, president or even better yet someone from the IUAW.

3. MUST be a suck @ss.

Is this how it is @ most locals or is just that way here. This seems to be a carryover from the Washington administration with sons, daughters and relatives getting appointed positions. I would have thought that this administration (Robinson Jr, Johnson & Stockdale) would do things different, but what gets me is that it’s so blatant and they don’t care. They rather take the heat and wait until it blows over, to get their relatives a preferred job.

5. have to be a died in the wool Democrat

5. have to be a died in the wool Democrat

Bingo to all...but more importantly get involved with the local! Most of the people you both are talking about are involved!! Getting an appointment is more than what you know, you must be willing to help move the labor movement forward and being involved is a small part all the others mentioned does help!! Reality!!

• Like 2

Unfortunately I believe this is true. But... I believe these people are coached on what to do. That is: attend union meetings, get involved etc.

If only hoards of "unconnected" members would do these things we would have a great union again! Too many would rather just complain than GET INVOLVED!

• Like 1

Unfortunately I believe this is true. That is: attend union meetings, get involved etc.

If only hoards of "unconnected" members would do these things we would have a great union again! Too many would rather just complain than GET INVOLVED!

So true........... So very true

Edited by dividedwebeg
  • Like 3

3. MUST be a suck @ss.

4. Have little or no seniority.

5. Be "African-American".

WOW ! Be African American :finger: I worked at WAP and from what I have seen it doesnt matter what color you are its about who you know be it "African American" White, Mexican, or female and or course related to B. Johnson the race card shouldnt have been thrown in that criteria.

Edited by WayneGirl1970
  • Like 4

I can't wait until the launch team is assembled. We were told they were going by Merit, ability and then senority I bet the criteria will be the same as a apponited position.

1. Merit = Related to someone

2. Ability = Suck @ss

3. Senority = Little or none

I hope some of use are able to get on the team that doesn't meet this criteria. But we shall see. :pig:

• Like 1

I can't wait until the launch team is assembled. We were told they were going by Merit, ability and then senority I bet the criteria will be the same as a apponited position.

1. Merit = Related to someone

2. Ability = Suck @ss

3. Senority = Little or none

I hope some of use are able to get on the team that doesn't meet this criteria. But we shall see. :pig:

Hey tough guy, you are right you probably will not be on launch team because you have to be able to spell. (Senority) what is that? Do you mean seniority? Not once but twice, come on. Oh ya by the way what is (apponited)? You are a true Jack Off.

• Like 1

Hey tough guy, you are right you probably will not be on launch team because you have to be able to spell. (Senority) what is that? Do you mean seniority? Not once but twice, come on. Oh ya by the way what is (apponited)? You are a true Jack Off.

Now that sh*& is funny.

OMG hillarryous--- pun :stirpot:

• Like 1

Hey tough guy, you are right you probably will not be on launch team because you have to be able to spell. (Senority) what is that? Do you mean seniority? Not once but twice, come on. Oh ya by the way what is (apponited)?You are a True Jack Off.

WOW,

i think we all understood what they meant, just because someone can't spell every little word right , does that mean they don't get what is happening to THEIR union?

must be nice to have a spot given to YOU( appointment) with so little time ! Get involved? -yes that does help, but if you don't go with the green way ,you still will be shot down,

UAW was needed back in the day(1950 -70's) but since then it has been all about who you are related to or know .

and for the record 900 ranger,I have been there for 17 years , never been late , only 3 AWOLS (family matter) and NO negative items in my jacket,Oh ,i have never had anything fixed or covered up on my record, it's bullies like you, cap 723,and a few others that make it hard for people to respond to some of these comments ,

i left myself open to attacks, but in the end ,some time you have to stand up say what is right.

On a different matter, I also think that the racest remarks are way off

Your last sentence really speaks about what your all about

• Like 1

Oh excuse me for some typing errors . I'm not perfect and neither are you. You must be one of "those" that meet the criteria or better yet I can bet you have a appointed position. WoW 8 posts, must of hit a nerve with that one. Who's your DADDY bit*h.

Edited by MTP'er
  • Like 1

I must really be doing something wrong when appointed jobs comes open a DTP, according to a few of you on this forum, I haven't been able to use the Black Card as my profile on any jobs, I'm not talking about the American Express Black credit card...I must not get it! So now your're telling me I have to be related to someone, suck butt, little or no time plus Black, wow! no thanks, that's too much pressure, LOL. If I was looking through your eyes Mafia, I'm sure, I would see a totally different world. Oh well, we all see only what we want to see!

• Like 1

3. MUST be a suck @ss.

How to get involved with your union?

Many of us have lost our way and think the union is like a cafeteria only there when you need it.

Most put nothing into our union.

I can remember as early as 4 or 5 years old my Dad would take me to his union meetings right after church. The union hall was packed. I also remember going to support strikers at other locations on Saturdays with Dad. I can also remember going to the local and making up political signs and knocking door to door in our neighborhood as well as other neighborhoods putting the signs up. These events would draw 1000s of members to support the union and its cause. There would be kids, Wives, relatives just about anyone that believed and supported the union.

Somewhere we lost our way. Union meetings now may have 25 members show up. Not even 1% of the membership. Many committees have openings that never get filled. Other UAW and non UAW locals strike and no one gives them support. Elections come around and the locals may get 1 or 2 volunteers to help make signs and put them up in neighborhoods.

Sad, very sad

Here is a way to get involved and support our Union.

Join the young workers council, help the Veterans Council whether you are a Vet or not. Women’s Council, Recreation Council, VCAP, Union Label Committee, etc…

Run for smaller local committees like bylaws and resolutions committees.

Help the local with their food banks, Toys for Tots, Local Picnic.

All of these tasks are part of being a great Union Member. Many of the Brothers and Sisters do give many hours volunteering for the cause.

These are the people that should be getting appointed jobs.

Which one are you?

Cafeteria member or a member described above?

• Like 1

That was uncalled for.

you pretending to be a actual working uaw member is uncalled for,,every day you were on the line all of your bro:s and sis:s had to unfairly pick up your work cause you couldnt do it ,,,when the company actually wanted you to sit on the line and do a job,,,nothing else to say ,we all know the REST OF THE STORY we were there we lived it and did your work ,hey its almost time for a happy meal!!!!!!

Many of us have lost our way and think the union is like a cafeteria only there when you need it.

I can remember as early as 4 or 5 years old my Dad would take me to his union meetings right after church. The union hall was packed. I also remember going to support strikers at other locations on Saturdays with Dad. I can also remember going to the local and making up political signs and knocking door to door in our neighborhood as well as other neighborhoods putting the signs up. These events would draw 1000s of members to support the union and its cause. There would be kids, Wives, relatives just about anyone that believed and supported the union.

Somewhere we lost our way. Union meetings now may have 25 members show up. Not even 1% of the membership. Many committees have openings that never get filled. Other UAW and non UAW locals strike and no one gives them support. Elections come around and the locals may get 1 or 2 volunteers to help make signs and put them up in neighborhoods.

Sad, very sad

Join the young workers council, help the Veterans Council whether you are a Vet or not. Women’s Council, Recreation Council, VCAP, Union Label Committee, etc…

All of these tasks are part of being a great Union Member. Many of the Brothers and Sisters do give many hours volunteering for the cause.

Which one are you?

Great post........

I must really be doing something wrong when appointed jobs comes open a DTP, according to a few of you on this forum, I haven't been able to use the Black Card as my profile on any jobs, I'm not talking about the American Express Black credit card...I must not get it! So now your're telling me I have to be related to someone, suck butt, little or no time plus Black, wow! no thanks, that's too much pressure, LOL. If I was looking through your eyes Mafia, I'm sure, I would see a totally different world. Oh well, we all see only what we want to see!

Well said! Arespectful yet intelligent comeback.. It is amazing how narrow some perspectives are.

you pretending to be a actual working uaw member is uncalled for,,every day you were on the line all of your bro:s and sis:s had to unfairly pick up your work cause you couldnt do it ,,,when the company actually wanted you to sit on the line and do a job,,,nothing else to say ,we all know the REST OF THE STORY we were there we lived it and did your work ,hey its almost time for a happy meal!!!!!!

Wrong again...

Very well put.

Sad, very sad

Which one are you?

I have only been at WAP for a year but will chime in with stuff I heard from WAP employees that have been there from day 1. If you are a relative or green slate you are taken care of. I have heard some people in office only had a few years senoirity when they got appointed. I heard the OT coodinator came from MTP and has 98 or 99 seniority but is green slate. Seniority takes a back seat to who you know. This is all floor talk but I have heard it. This is the reasons why green slate was given the boot at MTP and never recovered after.

Edited by vmpp