February 2010 - Muscle Cars & Fullsize Trucks

Detroit Muscle

Chevy Camaro - 6,482

Ford Mustang - 5,115

Dodge Challenger - 2,145

The Camaro took the top spot again, but with a 30mpg & 400hp Mustangs on the way, will it last?

non-Detroit cars

Hyundai Genesis - 1,762 (Sedan & Coupe, no breakout given)

VW GTi - 1,278

Nissan 370Z - 699

Mazda RX-8 - 77

There aren't a ton of sporty coupes for sale, and those that are, aren't selling! Probably not cars for recession, I guess.

Trucks

Ford F-Series - 32,895

Chevy Silverado - 20,851 (includes Avalanche)

GMC Sierra - 6,296

Dodge Ram - 10,267

Toyota Tundra - 5,468

Nissan Titan - 1,721

No surprises, except that the F-Series outsold the Silverado & Sierra combined. And even though Nissan is "commited" to developing a new Titan, with those sales I don't know why they'd bother.

Seems most buyers forgot the Corvette also. And it only sold 624, not 1033. 1027 was year-ago. Not sure where you got your number from?

Sorry about that, wrong damned GM link came up with Dec 2009/08 sales.

And yeah, 624 is pretty bad but like was said not many buying sports cars ATM.

Edited by jpd80

Thanks for taking the time to post these segment sales comparisons Waynmondospiff as I greatly appreciate it is as I'm sure others do also. It really helps in seeing how Ford stacks up against competition in each segment. I always look forward to to these comparisons every month. And I know it takes time to research them out. Again, thanks a lot. :hyper:

Thanks for taking the time to post these segment sales comparisons Waynmondospiff as I greatly appreciate it is as I'm sure others do also. It really helps in seeing how Ford stacks up against competition in each segment. I always look forward to to these comparisons every month. And I know it takes time to research them out. Again, thanks a lot. :hyper:

+1

I appreciate the effort.

Also, I guess it fits in this category - Escalade (in all its versions) outsells Navigator almost 4 to 1.

However, it is interesting that for all the money GM has spent on Cadillac, if you remove the "old-school" BOF SUVs from both Cadillac and Lincoln totals, Cadillac only sells 1000 more units than Lincoln.

+1

I appreciate the effort.

Also, I guess it fits in this category - Escalade (in all its versions) outsells Navigator almost 4 to 1.

However, it is interesting that for all the money GM has spent on Cadillac, if you remove the "old-school" BOF SUVs from both Cadillac and Lincoln totals, Cadillac only sells 1000 more units than Lincoln.

True, but those are also the ones with the most profit.