Toyota confirms plans to recall 138,000 Lexus models next week

jpd80

Toyota confirms plans to recall 138,000 Lexus models next week

David Shepardson / Detroit News Washington Bureau

Washington -- Toyota Motor Corp. today confirmed it plans to recall 138,000 Lexus vehicles next week because of potential engine problems.

The Detroit News reported on Thursday that the Japanese automaker would take that step to respond to complaints about engines.

The recall will cover approximately 138,000 Lexus vehicles, powered by 4.6 and 5.0 liter V-8 and 3.5 liter V-6 engines in certain 2006-2008 GS, IS and LS models in the United States.

Toyota said "due to slight variations during the manufacturing process, some foreign material may have contaminated a small number of the valve springs. If a vehicle is affected, there is a remote possibility that abnormal engine noise or idling may occur. In extremely rare instances, the engine may stop while the vehicle is in operation."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/a...k#ixzz0sewWYmln

Toyota seems to be sinking in quicksand, one problem/mistake after another.

Very sad really as it does the industry no good to have buyer confidence shaken

so badly when the market is fragile...

Edited by jpd80

Toyota seems to be sinking in quicksand, one problem/mistake after another.

Very sad really as it does the industry no good to have buyer confidence shaken

so badly when the market is fragile...

Not sad at all to me. Too many Toyota owners looked down their noses at the domestics and the Lexus owners were the worst. What goes around, comes around. Or, as a Lexus owner might say, "This may be a case of karma". I'd hear, "I wouldn't own a Ford." Well, if any Lexus or Toyota owner needs a lift I'll accomodate them with the Ranger, "Get comfortable in the bed, dumb bitch, you ain't riding shotgun".

• Like 1

"Engine makes noise and may stop, might not restart."

Are you kidding me? Does everybody understand what they are saying? Bad valve springs, noise, engine stopping.....It's called dropping a valve! LOL!

They make it sound like the engine won't start temporarily....uh, you dropped a valve and the engine didn't "stop" it fetched up tight when the broken spring let the valve hang open which got smashed by the piston. That snapped the head off the valve and imbedded it in either the piston or the head destroying the head/piston and if at high rpm, possibly the cyl wall.

If the engine is "making a noise" hopefully somebody doesn't run it too long as that's the clatter of the loose valetrain and the popping/stuttering of the poor valve seal and resulting loss of compression as it pushes back into the intake or out the exh.

"engine may stop" LOL!!! Wow, toyota is great with their spin. What's next, connecting rods flying out and they'll say it's a case of "rapid engine disassembly" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Like 1

"Engine makes noise and may stop, might not restart."

Are you kidding me? Does everybody understand what they are saying? Bad valve springs, noise, engine stopping.....It's called dropping a valve! LOL!

They make it sound like the engine won't start temporarily....uh, you dropped a valve and the engine didn't "stop" it fetched up tight when the broken spring let the valve hang open which got smashed by the piston. That snapped the head off the valve and imbedded it in either the piston or the head destroying the head/piston and if at high rpm, possibly the cyl wall.

If the engine is "making a noise" hopefully somebody doesn't run it too long as that's the clatter of the loose valetrain and the popping/stuttering of the poor valve seal and resulting loss of compression as it pushes back into the intake or out the exh.

"engine may stop" LOL!!! Wow, toyota is great with their spin. What's next, connecting rods flying out and they'll say it's a case of "rapid engine disassembly" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're right, Toyota has THE BEST spin. Like the "voluntary" recall campaigns. The government said recall or we'll make you. That's like being frired but saying you quit. They're stil promoting their "quality". Yeah, "We're # 21!!!"

:hysterical:

Rates right up there with Korean English, "do not operate toaster in bath tub."

You're right, Toyota has THE BEST spin. Like the "voluntary" recall campaigns. The government said recall or we'll make you. That's like being frired but saying you quit. They're stil promoting their "quality". Yeah, "We're # 21!!!"

Latest Toyota adverts in the UK make me want to puke up their spin makes me soooooooooh dizzy, you would think Toyota was a true blue British Company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVnDKWcyK8

Toyota seems to be sinking in quicksand, one problem/mistake after another..

One problem/mistake after another? It's been that way for quite a while. Toyota just can't hide these defects anymore and we're now able to see the truth that many have seen for years coming.

You mean Toyopets actually break! Say it isn't so! The scary thing is that My wife's family would still by this garbage. They just bought a 2010 Matrix in January. They still think I am nuts for not /never wanting to own one of these rice death rockets.

My cousin who knows nothing about cars, just names only has a Lexus. Thinks it's wonderful, and thought it was better than a Mercedes S-Class. Ah yes Lexus, or what is known as a Toyota with leather. :banmolest:

They walk among us :sos:

You mean Toyopets actually break! Say it isn't so! The scary thing is that My wife's family would still by this garbage. They just bought a 2010 Matrix in January. They still think I am nuts for not /never wanting to own one of these rice death rockets.

My cousin who knows nothing about cars, just names only has a Lexus. Thinks it's wonderful, and thought it was better than a Mercedes S-Class. Ah yes Lexus, or what is known as a Toyota with leather. :banmolest:

They walk among us :sos:

sidenote, comes to light they have known of the issue for 3 years...anyone else see a consistant trend here?

sidenote, comes to light they have known of the issue for 3 years...anyone else see a consistant trend here?

I think it's the dealer's fault. Not exactly sure how yet - give me a few hours and I'm sure I can come up with something!

:stirpot:

I think it's the dealer's fault. Not exactly sure how yet - give me a few hours and I'm sure I can come up with something!

:stirpot:

Nah, it's all them dang old people. First they were claiming SUA, now they claim their engine makes noise and stops. You know, Social Security doesn't go as far as it used to, so now they need another crutch to sue Toyota.

Edited by V8-X

OH SNAP!

Toyota knew about Lexus problem 2 years ago!!!

"Toyota knew two years ago about the engine problem behind its latest Lexus recall, even changing the spring part to correct it, but did not think a recall was warranted until recently, a company official said Tuesday"

My how the mighty have fallen. Whats that old saying? The bigger they are the harder they fall! Like how toyo tried to explain away the valve issue on someone else's microscopic particles! Then realized it was their faulty design and did nothing for existing owners!