Looks like SRA was the better choice for the Mustang

may be..its a toss up with both having advantage/disadvantage..i think where chebby reigns is in the motor..chebby far less complicated with less whiz-bangs by being pushrod design. (its also far narrower)..i like the chebby exterior and not the interior..i like the stang all around but the rear taillight/fascia still gives me the willys...i think a more favorable comparison then what you read in road and track rag mag would be the z28 to the shelby...5.0 is kinda unfair comparison..course it meakes me smile reading the stang kicks chebbys butt again..hell i dunno the buyer has to decide whats he/she wants..both cars perform admorably...

may be..its a toss up with both having advantage/disadvantage..i think where chebby reigns is in the motor..chebby far less complicated with less whiz-bangs by being pushrod design. (its also far narrower)..i like the chebby exterior and not the interior..i like the stang all around but the rear taillight/fascia still gives me the willys...i think a more favorable comparison then what you read in road and track rag mag would be the z28 to the shelby...5.0 is kinda unfair comparison..course it meakes me smile reading the stang kicks chebbys butt again..hell i dunno the buyer has to decide whats he/she wants..both cars perform admorably...

What makes the GT-SS an unfair comparison, if I may ask?

Can't compare a nonexistent Z28 to anything, though.

garbage.

i still think it depends on what you want..if you want a less complicated design chebby wins..if you want star wars type geekozoid gizmos then choose the 5.0...both power plants are outstanding motors..just my take

ps: i still believe the real comparison test is between z28 vs shelby..the ss vs 5.0 just makes no sense to me..PT is vastly different..guess you could argue the same with shelby vs z28..but those 2 are the top dogs so let a pit bull fight it out with a rottweiler

Edited by snooter

How does this prove SRA is the right move for the Mustang? I saw the video, but most racers are going to adjust many things to make their car handle like they want it to. Maybe the Camaro guy adjusted his car too close to the loose end of things. I think the Mustang's bigger advantage is weight than its SRA.

if you want a less complicated design chebby wins

Which means a one cylinder two-stroke is the greatest engine of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO STROKE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How does this prove SRA is the right move for the Mustang? I saw the video, but most racers are going to adjust many things to make their car handle like they want it to. Maybe the Camaro guy adjusted his car too close to the loose end of things. I think the Mustang's bigger advantage is weight than its SRA.

Exactly. Looking at a video with so many variables and making that conclusion is not possible.

GM is using a multi purpose sedan/coupe platform to compete with a purpose built coupe, the Mustang.

Camaro is heavier than Mustang, that has a huge influence on handling in a race situation.

Ford's Control Blade IRS is different to GM's Multi-Link and while the SRA performs well on the track,

CB IRS offers designers the opportunity to tune ride quality independently of handling/road holding.

Which means a one cylinder two-stroke is the greatest engine of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO STROKE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I love the 2 cylinder 2-stroke in my jetski. It's a dirty pig, but it's the easiest engine to work on I've ever seen (assuming you can reach anything lol).

i still think it depends on what you want..if you want a less complicated design chebby wins..if you want star wars type geekozoid gizmos then choose the 5.0...both power plants are outstanding motors..just my take

At the end of the day, GM is using extra capacity (6.0/6.2) with AFM to shift more weight in a Camaro to keep competitive with a lighter smaller capacity Mustang.

GM will ultimately be forced by CAFE to make their V8 engines more fuel efficient, Ford is already there.

ps: i still believe the real comparison test is between z28 vs shelby..the ss vs 5.0 just makes no sense to me.

The majority of sales will be Camaro SS and Mustang GT,

a more valid comparison than Shelby Vs a yet to be released Z28

Edited by jpd80

Seriously?? Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully, Ford will roll out with a retro Model "T" and possibly install a flathead V8 for the performance hawks on here...that should make it far superior to the Camaro based on your specs... :hysterical:

I love how some GM fans get all bent up and twisted because a little 5.0 keeps their 6.0 push rod honest.

Comparing a 5.0 Gt to a 6.0 SS Camaro isn't a valid test? please......

Bub bub bub, just you wait until the Z28 comes out with its 635 hp S/C engine,

that will show the 550 hp S/C 5.4 a thang or two.....:boring::boring::boring::boring:

Ford will roll out with a retro Model "T" and possibly install a flathead V8 for the performance hawks on here...that should make it far superior to the Camaro based on your specs... :hysterical:

With the advent of Direct Injection and turbo-charging and computer engine management, a flat-head design might actually work rather well. :)

Comparing a 5.0 Gt to a 6.2 SS Camaro isn't a valid test? please......

It's really not, as Bumblebee is simply outgunned in every way.

The 6.2 puts less horsepower to the ground than the 5.0 stock for stock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2GGzlX0QE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciAu8OlrFNI&feature=player_embedded

Doesn't respond as well to simple mods:.

Bolt-on 5.0 ran 10.97 @ 124.45 (video in next post)

Fastest N/A stock long block Camaro to date ran 11.71 @ 114.07 mph.

Fastest cam only LS3 Camaro (video in next post) ran 11.37@121, still slower than the bolt-on 5.0 in both ET and trap speed.

Bumblebee weighs an extra 160 lbs has worse trans gearing and less rear wheel HP. Add it all up and you are left with nothing but bruised GM egos.

Edited by White99GT