HEMI AIN'T GONNA LIKE THIS

Edstock

by Peter M. DeLorenzo

"Chrysler's "Smoke and Mirrors" marketing finally catches up to them.

Detroit. As predicted here more than seven months ago, Chrysler's festering problems have finally caught up to them. The inventory problem that they've been wrestling with for going on eight months now has turned into a full-blown crisis - after they kept repeatedly insisting that things were under control and that there was only a need for minor "adjustments" before things would be in order. Right. And now, with Chrysler Group sales down 14 percent in May and 3 percent for the year over last year's figures, and with incentive spending at exceedingly high levels, things are starting to get ugly out in Auburn Hills."

(the full article is linked below)

From http://autoextremist.com/page2.shtml

by Peter M. DeLorenzo

"Chrysler's "Smoke and Mirrors" marketing finally catches up to them.

Detroit. As predicted here more than seven months ago, Chrysler's festering problems have finally caught up to them. The inventory problem that they've been wrestling with for going on eight months now has turned into a full-blown crisis - after they kept repeatedly insisting that things were under control and that there was only a need for minor "adjustments" before things would be in order. Right. And now, with Chrysler Group sales down 14 percent in May and 3 percent for the year over last year's figures, and with incentive spending at exceedingly high levels, things are starting to get ugly out in Auburn Hills."

(the full article is linked below)

From http://autoextremist.com/page2.shtml

:blah:

I stopped reading his online rag a long time ago. How many times have we agreed on this board that this guy is pure shock journalism?

Chrysler has got inventory problems, there's no doubt about that...but there's not much else in that "article" that I take at face value. Same goes for all the articles I read on that site on any manufacturer...

Edited by Intrepidatious

Can pretend no problems exist, but fact is they have too much excess inventory, just like the 70's before near bankruptcy. Where are all the predicted sales??

Shows that the LX cars are not all that big a deal, too. Sure they sold well, but are slowing down and not 'taking over' as some thought.

After reading his site for the past six years now, I've noticed that when Mr. DeLorenzo gets a consulting job at a company, it receives much better press in his weekly column. He went to work for Chrysler a few years ago, and - presto! - the columns became much more favorable. But now that is over.

If I recall correctly, he started consulting for GM last year...and the columns lately have seemed to be much more positive for GM.

Maybe Ford needs to give him a consulting job?

The Chrysler "recovery" always seemed to be about a mile wide and an inch deep. The Chrysler 300C was a success, and the Caliber has been a hit, but the new Sebring doesn't look spectacular, judging from the spy photos. The Dodge Ram pickup and Jeep Commander also appear to have sales problems.

And Ford is soon to be a Mexican company!

So they build a couple hundred thousand cheap cars in Mexico. Who cares? The quality has been good in the Mexican plants. I don't see the problem.

It's either build them in Mexico or go out of business. Ford's still building millions of vehicles in the U.S. every year.

So they build a couple hundred thousand cheap cars in Mexico. Who cares? The quality has been good in the Mexican plants. I don't see the problem.

It's either build them in Mexico or go out of business. Ford's still building millions of vehicles in the U.S. every year.

Give them time and the f-150 will be going to mexico, the dodge is already there :shrug:

Chrysler's problem is too many fleet sales to daily rentals. The Caliber is already a dime a dozen on the rental car lots and of course the 300 has been the queen of the Thrify and National rental cars lots for more than a year. Those units will be reaching the used car market soon.

Give them time and the f-150 will be going to mexico, the dodge is already there :shrug:

Not all the Rams are built in Mexico. They also build Rams in Missouri...or at least they were building them in MO. My 03 was assembled in Missouri and that was before they sent the frame production to Mexico. The Hemi is also assembled in Mexico. Now my truck has 81% North American content, so I guess much of the 19 percent is due to the engine.