2011 Ford Explorer

It's not instantaneous and when there are transitions, the animations are EXTREMELY choppy. I mean it's so laggy that you may only see one frame of the transition, I'm extremely worried about this ending up in the hands of critics and customers this way.

I thimk it may have been due to the fact it was a demo unit. The in car MFT I have been useing is seemless

The dual panel moonroof in the Explorer is more useful because you can get the roof racks with it.

Ahh, hadn't realized that.

Haha, too funny being that I was one of those reps over at the explorer display on washington. Small world....

Nice! Is the February delay true? How was the crowd's reaction and when were you there? I remember two people, a woman and a younger gentleman.

I thimk it may have been due to the fact it was a demo unit. The in car MFT I have been useing is seemless

These aren't demo units, I've been in the production cars and experienced this.

Edited by BORG

Great pics.

Still not feeling the design. The interior looks good, minus that Sony head-unit and the gauges. Exterior has to many Lambda styling cues too me. I do like the rake of the windshield and the hood, but most everything else is average to me. And I think the white looks a lot better than the red.

Nice! Is the February delay true? How was the crowd's reaction and when were you there? I remember two people, a woman and a younger gentleman.

Well the job 1 date isnt until November 3rd so they won't really be widely available in dealers until mid-January. We were told to be conservative when telling people about the launch date just in case there does happen to be a delay, but I personally don't think it will take that long to get them to dealers.

From what I could tell and from people I talked to, most of the reaction was positive and most couldn't even believe it was the new Explorer when they first saw it. There were a few here and there that were being sticklers about it being on the unibody Taurus platform but overall most were simply blown away and/or enthusiastic to get one.

I was there the entire 4 day weekend and most likely I was that young gentleman you saw haha.

I was one of four...I don't recall my parents ever using the roof rack on any of their vehicles either. :shrug:

just put the Thule on the Fiesta...not for kids though, its for my bike...YEHAH!...nicely finished rack too...although they do add to noise at freeway speeds...

My guess is this vehicle will cause the same stir and create solid sales just like the original Explorer. I'm really looking forward to seeing this up close, especially the Police Interceptor model. I'm interested in how the cargo area looks without the third row, which I'm guessing the PI lacks.

"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"

Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Insurrection

Well the job 1 date isnt until November 3rd so they won't really be widely available in dealers until mid-January. We were told to be conservative when telling people about the launch date just in case there does happen to be a delay, but I personally don't think it will take that long to get them to dealers.

From what I could tell and from people I talked to, most of the reaction was positive and most couldn't even believe it was the new Explorer when they first saw it. There were a few here and there that were being sticklers about it being on the unibody Taurus platform but overall most were simply blown away and/or enthusiastic to get one.

I was there the entire 4 day weekend and most likely I was that young gentleman you saw haha.

I was there when a large dude was trying the Explorer on for size and complaining that the seats were too narrow. Some other guy agreed with him and said that all the cars now have huge center-consoles that get in the way. Of course, I hop in and I fit perfectly since I'm...you know....not fat! ;) The female rep and I joked about that.

I did talk to you briefly when I sat in the Edge, I think I mentioned I had already test-driven one and was planning on getting the Lincoln MKX and that I really liked the interior color (I think I asked you what it was but you didn't know). i was the tall guy with the white fitted Michigan cap taking a ton-o-pictures with my big Nikon camera...if you can even remotely remember that. I don't think there were many people taking photos of buttons so I attracted some attention from those who thought I was spying for the enemy ;).

The Explorer isn't a great design, it could have been better (especially the lift-gate), but I definitely like the sculpted sheet metal over the Edge's fairly bland body.

I really like the Explorer, but it is too large for my wife's tastes.

Have you considered an Escape? At first glance from the side, I thought the new Explorer looked like a bigger Escape. I still do. The Escape is surprizingly roomy and the drivetrains are modern and efficient offering an I4, a V6, and a hybrid all in FWD or AWD, not to mention the choice of manual and automatic transmissions. The Edge might be an option but I prefer the traditional truck lines of the Escape. My wife has been driving a Mariner for almost two years and loves it.