Saw an Explorer on the road....

• 2 weeks later...

Production started a few weeks ago. I assume they are shipping.

I just went in and talked to my dealer and he said he was told they have to QC everything first and it could be January before we see them on dealer lots! I was hoping to have mine by Christmas but I'm doubting it now!

I forgot to mention when we did the DriveF150 program at the Fontana Speedway in California, when we came back out to our car to leave, that a new Explorer was parked right next to us. As much as I like the Flex, I like the new Explorer more.

I like the looks of the Edge myself, but I can't wait to see the Explorer in person. Never thought I'd say I like the looks of an Explorer but I'm paying $500 more for the platinum white because I think I will according to the pictures.

I like the looks of the Edge myself, but I can't wait to see the Explorer in person. Never thought I'd say I like the looks of an Explorer but I'm paying $500 more for the platinum white because I think I will according to the pictures.

As it turns out, the Explorer parked next to us was the tri-coat white color.

I saw the Explorer in red at one of the tour stops in NYC. The color is nice, but i don't like the matching grill in the Limited. (rant: Why can't you get the brushed aluminum grill on the Limited?)

I ended up ordering the platinum white as well.

• 3 weeks later...

It was the pace car for the Ford 400 NASCAR race in Homestead yesterday. Looked nice!

I saw that pace car...I was even just wondering before that NASCAR race when we'd start seeing these at other types of events? Even on shows like Fringe since they're hooked with Ford...alas, even last week's episode just had the new Edge and an Expedition in the background. bummer. Though, I would be honest, if I saw a black on black in the Fringe show like all their other vehicles, I would have been upset since it should be MINE :)

I like the white too. I got to see this while attending my dealers "sales person certification class".

DSC02135.jpg

This is the almost the exact model I orderd (more options inside, but the outside looks the same)

Edited by mrpositraction

I like the white too. I got to see this while attending my dealers "sales person certification class".

This is the almost the exact model I orderd (more options inside, but the outside looks the same)

I thought that looked like the Machens dealership...then I noticed you are in Columbia! Welcome from a fellow Mid-Missourian! And congrats on the new (ordered) ride!

Edited by fordmantpw

DSC02135.jpg

That is a good looking Explorer but after seeing the Golden Bronze Metallic in a recent photo, I really like that also. Anyone have that color on order?

That is a good looking Explorer but after seeing the Golden Bronze Metallic in a recent photo, I really like that also. Anyone have that color on order?

I went old-school and opted for the classic black on black combo...but I saw video with the Golden Bronze, verrrrry nice looking. Surprisingly, I didn't find a paint color i DIDN'T like on this vehicle. Even thouogh I don't usually go for blue, I even liked the Kona Blue I saw in person...

• 2 weeks later...

I went old-school and opted for the classic black on black combo...but I saw video with the Golden Bronze, verrrrry nice looking. Surprisingly, I didn't find a paint color i DIDN'T like on this vehicle. Even thouogh I don't usually go for blue, I even liked the Kona Blue I saw in person...

I am visiting Atlanta, GA and saw a black 2011 Explorer on I-285 yesterday. It had the black grill and man was it awesome. I tried to follow and get a better look, but it got off on I-75 and I had family with me. MUCH better looking in person, it has a real road presence! If they only offered the 3.5EB in this vehicle, it would definitely supplant the SHO at the top of my list.

I am visiting Atlanta, GA and saw a black 2011 Explorer on I-285 yesterday. It had the black grill and man was it awesome. I tried to follow and get a better look, but it got off on I-75 and I had family with me. MUCH better looking in person, it has a real road presence! If they only offered the 3.5EB in this vehicle, it would definitely supplant the SHO at the top of my list.

You should have continued to follow...I have family in GA, maybe they got the delivery address wrong :) That's my car!

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the golden Bronze Metallic with charcoal black leather on friday 1/21. What I really wanted was that color with the lower part of the vehicle in adobe color like I have seen on some F series trucks. Mine will be an XLT so it won't have the matching grill but oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not seen an Explorer on the road yet. My neighbor and I just ordered and ppl will be seeing it quite a bit in our neighborhood. It's going to be hard to wait. The dealer said early May (placed order January 26). Oh well, good things come to those who wait.