Ford Capri coming in 2012

416145712_370.jpg

Capri world car is back in 2012

247 BHP 2.0 Ecoboost that hits 60 in six seconds with a top speed of 155 MPH, there will also be a 1.6 ecoboost & 1.6 diesel versions as well.

Focus based Coupe will debut at the Detroit auto show in January.

Read more LINK

!B85GU(gCGk~$(KGrHqJ,!h4EzLjJvMsSBM4RZr6hlw~~_12.JPG

I still prefer the original Mk1 that l own in Mink Blue.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Well, there's a market that Ford needs to compete in, and with the termination of the RS Focus, there's no Blue Oval product.

VW have a new Scirocco, Audi has the TT, plus hot hatches from Peugeot and Renault and Vauxhall/Opel.

As well, Versa-Tech posted about an SVT AWD turbo Fiesta, which shows a committment to small-car performance. The point is, with Ford's new marketing game, an RS replacement in the hot 2-dr hatch market in Europe makes sense, IMHO. :)

<BR>Oooo! Another Auto Express rendering to talk about:boring:

I'll file this one somewhere between Don't holdyourbreath and Not gonna happen

Gotta agree with you Nick, let hope its another Auto Express lash up job

Already talked to Capri Club members at my local branch about it, it got a resounding big no we won't be buying it "It's a Focus not a Capri" and they will be keeping what they have got, l know a few folk at work who have owned a Capri in the past and now drive a Fiat Punto, VW Golf GTI, BMW 5 series & a Range Rover, l asked them what they thought of it, another big resounding no it looks nothing like a Capri no they won't becoming back to the Ford fold for one it's more a Focus shape & not a very good one at that.

I can only hope Ford don't put it into production, and spend the money elsewhere within Ford Motor Company because it won't make Ford much money. It will end up another absolute huge sales flop just like the Focus CC the nearest we get to a Coupe at the moment that has just been voted What Cars worst most unreliable car in the UK by its owners last week in a owners report back of their cars reliability & Faults filled in by 30,000 owners

WHAT CAR MAGAZINE Thursday November 18th 2010

(UK No 1 Magazine for detailed in depth information on your new car you are about to splash out on)

Britons worst car overall car 2010 as voted for by its owners

Ford Focus CC

Second worst

Peugeot 807

Third worst

Vauxhall Zafira

Ford should be glad to see the back of the CC when the all new Focus arrives next spring, because you've voted this model, with its folding hardtop, your least favourite car for the second year running.The biggest number of complaints stemmed from leaky roofs, which prompted over half of readers to give a damning one-star verdict.

One-time owner Linsey Hogg said: 'Brilliant – until it started to rain. The leak started on the driver's side, but progressed to the passenger's side and into the back seats.' Beverley Lloyd had a similar experience. 'The roof leaked the first time it rained, and the problem took four weeks to sort out! Now it's leaking again. More recent reviews have improved, however, which suggests Ford may have got to the bottom of the leaking top. Owner Rhys Lewis said: 'My car has been through plenty of rain and has experienced no leaks. I'm glad I didn't listen those people who slated the car.' James Kapherr is also a happy owner, and recently gave his Focus CC a five-star rating: 'I did notice the odd drip from the roof, but only when I put the roof down when it was -3 degrees outside. The seals must have been stiff. Otherwise the roof has been fine,' he said

What Car Awards 2010 Complete list of Britons owners cars how good & how bad they are. - C-Max came best in class.

17111010420215.jpg

LINK

This is what happens when you let the Italian Fix it again Tony mob build cars for you, It should have been made in Germany or the UK. The Focus CC the nearest we have got to a Ford shaped Coupe it struggles to hit 200 sales a month in Europe. We need a Coupe which shaped like the evergreen old REAL Capri with Focus running gear then Ford would have a massive sales hit on their books.

Gotta say there would be a lotta of pissed of Mustang owners around if Ford scrapped the Stang and Ford dished this shit up as the new Mustang. It'ssssssss a Focus nothing resembles a Capri in it at all.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I do think there's a segment for Ford to tap into, a FWD coupe around $20K and have said it for some time. I knew it would be Focus based, not sure if calling it Capri will help, if anything it's a slap in the face mainly because it still looks much like a Focus. So in EU it'll be Ford Capri, and maybe here Ford Probe? :)

I do think there's a segment for Ford to tap into, a FWD coupe around $20K and have said it for some time. I knew it would be Focus based, not sure if calling it Capri will help, if anything it's a slap in the face mainly because it still looks much like a Focus. So in EU it'll be Ford Capri, and maybe here Ford Probe? :)

I think they'd be much better off just calling it a Focus coupe if they decide to do anything like this. Or maybe slap the ZX2 name back on it.

The Capri name has no cache here, but I won't put it past them after they retained the "Fiesta" name for the US market. I still think Fiesta is a bad idea, everybody I know keeps calling it a "Festiva" to my everlasting pain and anguish.

They will probably call it Focus something or other, and I'm sure they won't bring back the ZX2 nomenclature. Hopefully this coupe won't be some sort of hatchback.

I still think Fiesta is a bad idea, everybody I know keeps calling it a "Festiva" to my everlasting pain and anguish.

I haven't heard that at all. :shrug:

and I'm sure they won't bring back the ZX2 nomenclature.

I don't see why not. I wouldn't mind if they bring back all the ZX nomenclatures on the 2012 Focus: ZX2, ZX3, and ZX5, depending on the number of doors.

The Capri name has no cache here, but I won't put it past them after they retained the "Fiesta" name for the US market. I still think Fiesta is a bad idea, everybody I know keeps calling it a "Festiva" to my everlasting pain and anguish.

They will probably call it Focus something or other, and I'm sure they won't bring back the ZX2 nomenclature. Hopefully this coupe won't be some sort of hatchback.

That's funny, because when I had a Festiva, everybody always wanted to call it a Fiesta. My niece has it now, still running strong and getting 40 mpg (and about a quart of oil every 2000 miles). She calls it the Funstiva. :)

I really hope this report is accurate. But I'm begging Jim Farley not to a name it "Capri" if/when it comes to North America. I would much prefer "Focus Coupe," "Focus ZX2/3," or "Reflex."

Agree icon14.gif

tho if it's just going to look like an ST, I'd prefer just STC for coupe, even if it's a 3-door hatch like it oughta be

however, from the little that was actually said by Martin Smith, "...we can start to build more exciting products – and we’ll show how we’re going to do this at Detroit.”

that ^ could as easily apply to a LincolneTTe! (tho a high-end-Only Ford 3-door could fit into the equation too)

for a Lincoln coupe/4-door coupette, I like the designation MKE

with just an open-top version being called the LINCOLN Capri or even MKE-Capri

(imho, at least on this side of pond, "Capri" belongs to L(-M))

((imho2, if a little Lincoln isn't shown at NAIAS, Lincoln's chances of survival drop (imho)))

I like the old Capri's myself. It still does have some cache. I'm so tired of Ford vehicles starting with an F, that anything else would be fine. Maybe they will soon release the Ford Fart or the Ford Fungus.

I still think Fiesta is a bad idea, everybody I know keeps calling it a "Festiva" to my everlasting pain and anguish.

What I think is funny when I went in to get my Ford Fusion serviced at my local dealership in Edmonton, Alberta, I was waiting for the courtesy shuttle and saw a banner sign hanging on the ceiling that listed all the new Ford models they currently sell... The first one listed? FESTIVA... I'm not sure if the banners were made by Ford of Canada or by the dealership, but I think it's terrible when they can't keep the car names straight!!

That said, I wouldn't mind a car called the Capri... even though the last Capri I remember was a Mercury based off of a Mustang.

That said, I wouldn't mind a car called the Capri... even though the last Capri I remember was a Mercury based off of a Mustang.

The last Capri that sold in the United States was in 1994 (I believe) but it wasn't Mustang based. The 1990-1994 Mercury Capri was FWD with a 1.6L I-4 which was produced by Ford of Australia. The Mustang based Mercury Capri was from 1979-1986. The only differences from the Mustang and Capri from 1979-1986 was mainly cosmetic and both had different special edition models. But the engine/transmission and interior was closely the same but with a little Mercury inspiration.

But I wouldn't mind Capri, but I think the Maverick nameplate would better suit a Ford for a North American Market (or United States only). I think I could argue both nameplates given both have history through out the Ford brand. But most consumers would tie the Capri name with Mercury if I came to the shores of the States. Just my opinion though

IF there is a Coupe in the pipeline it wouldn't be out til 2013.

Ford has enough launches globally off this platform to deal with, let alone dealing with a LOW volume seller for the North American market....

Just my 2 cents

I agree...think "halo" ala RS Focus......