Durangos Rolling Off the line

Reigner92

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a 2011 Durango driving accross Iowa a couple of weeks ago. I agree that the 2011 Explorer has much better looks than the new Durango. One of my collegues keeps telling me that he always liked Dodges until he owned one. For the sake of US auto brands I hope they have improved but I will stick with Fords.

So is this Dodge's Freestyle, and is it really functional as what it should be.

The Gen I Durango's were great and capable. The Gen II Durango's we're basically a mini-van that could tow.

Not feeling the Durango too much. Looks to much like a mini-van version of the Challenger. Some aspects I like better than the Explorer, some not so much. Either way, I wouldn't purchase either.

Edited by V8-X

In between trips to the shop to replace ball joints, anyway.

Never said they were reliable, but they were much more capable than the Gen II's.

My father in law still has his Dakota (same years as the 1st Gen Durango). Decent truck, but gas guzzler and reliability isn't it's strong point.

I saw (but didn't get to sit in) a new Durango at the D.C. press fleet facility the other week. Looked a little shaky around the headlights, but great from the rear:

2463q.jpg

Hmmm, that view/the taillights make(s) me think of this (not a good thing, obviously):

2011-Honda-Odyssey-from-Rear-Side-View-Pictures-570x412.jpg

Edited by rmc523