2012 Focus at Dealer

I seriously considered ordering a Focus (I have one now that I love) rather than the FFH I did order. The reasons I didn't were that I wanted a little bigger car and, while I wanted a Focus with MyFordTouch, etc., I wasn't ready to struggle with the issues that may still exist with it like I have read about with the Explorer and Escape.

VERY Cool car and I am hoping to drive one and maybe convince a family member to buy one!

I seriously considered ordering a Focus (I have one now that I love) rather than the FFH I did order. The reasons I didn't were that I wanted a little bigger car and, while I wanted a Focus with MyFordTouch, etc., I wasn't ready to struggle with the issues that may still exist with it like I have read about with the Explorer and Escape.

VERY Cool car and I am hoping to drive one and maybe convince a family member to buy one!

i think you meant edge instead of escape. lol.

hopefully they've fixed the lag issues, wonder if it just needs more ram to support the system?

p.s. welcome to BON! :beerchug:

i think you meant edge instead of escape. lol.

hopefully they've fixed the lag issues, wonder if it just needs more ram to support the system?

p.s. welcome to BON! :beerchug:

I sure did!!

I friend of mine was joking with me about having Sync in my Focus and in my future car. He is a Microsoft detractor (an IT guy who really loved Novell). He wants to know where the CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons on my car are!!

And thank you for the welcome!

Wrong, wrong, wrong. That is MyFord + Sync. Basic Sync is part of the 200A SE base package.

You would think you would start taking some faith in what I post. I don't post unless I know it's correct information. How about checking the actual order guide instead of the retail website, which we all know shows some errors from time to time. No mention of sync in the standard equipment on the SE until you get up to the 202A package or above.

post-27929-0-88975500-1300795679_thumb.png

post-27929-0-69698700-1300795694_thumb.png

From what I understand, they did away with that in the production model...There wasn't any mention of it in the build and price either...

They did away with part of it on the seats, and all of it on the dash and door panels. As you see it in this picture is how I understand it to be on the production vehicle.

From what I understand, they did away with that in the production model...There wasn't any mention of it in the build and price either...

The USA Focus that Ford brought over to Madrid had the white stitching in both the SEL

198022_195661960465700_100000656919961_564741_5249568_n.jpg

197068_195489277149635_100000656919961_563836_6622313_n.jpg

and Titanium

199171_195668903798339_100000656919961_564828_4493519_n.jpg

197405_195490783816151_100000656919961_563841_1467913_n.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality but it should confirm that Ford N.A. does offer the white stitching which I think they call French stitch.

And I did ask if these were production spec Focus and the answer was yes.

You would think you would start taking some faith in what I post. I don't post unless I know it's correct information. How about checking the actual order guide instead of the retail website, which we all know shows some errors from time to time. No mention of sync in the standard equipment on the SE until you get up to the 202A package or above.

Excuse me for assuming the official Ford website is correct. And I'm not about to go check the order guide against the website every time somebody asks a question. But now that we've established that you're NEVER wrong I guess you can just post all the correct answers from now on.

Excuse me for assuming the official Ford website is correct. And I'm not about to go check the order guide against the website every time somebody asks a question. But now that we've established that you're NEVER wrong I guess you can just post all the correct answers from now on.

Never said I can't be wrong. Most important thing is that we don't spread misinformation, so I am mindful before I post that it's as accurate as possible. Instead of throwing it in my face on almost every post I make about the 2012 Focus, why not suppose that I have followed this car pretty closely, and I may know a thing or two. Check the facts in a few places before you wring me out in front of everyone telling me I am WRONG WRONG WRONG. (In your words)

Really?

Regardless, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by saying wrong, wrong, wrong. I should have just said according to the Ford website..........

Hey guys,calm down. AK, are you a ford employee or salesperson? I am a dealership salesperson, and the first thing I did when I saw your post was to go to the most recent order guide, which we use when building and ordering vehicles. This is the bible, and tells us what can and cannot be done. The website was wrong, as you found out. Unfortunately sometimes information is put out incorrectly and therefore going to a direct source is best. If you did not have access to this source you could only repeat what you read, and what you read was not correct. Nuff said, don't take it so personally.

Hey guys,calm down. AK, are you a ford employee or salesperson? I am a dealership salesperson, and the first thing I did when I saw your post was to go to the most recent order guide, which we use when building and ordering vehicles. This is the bible, and tells us what can and cannot be done. The website was wrong, as you found out. Unfortunately sometimes information is put out incorrectly and therefore going to a direct source is best. If you did not have access to this source you could only repeat what you read, and what you read was not correct. Nuff said, don't take it so personally.

I'm not an employee or salesperson - that's why I went to the website. I don't have access to the official order guide. Any reasonable person would assume the Ford website is correct until proven otherwise.

I'm not an employee or salesperson - that's why I went to the website. I don't have access to the official order guide. Any reasonable person would assume the Ford website is correct until proven otherwise.

to me both you and svt are right. just the "source" was wrong. lol

i wish they would have kept the dash stitching!

My local dealer has a 'demo' Titanium 5-Door (loaded with exception of Handling Package) for 4-5 days and I stopped by to get a feel for the car up close. I couldn't drive it, but did spend time messing around with the car!

No pictures . . . . (Red Candy/Black Leather)

I had some pretty high expectations and thought they may have been a little too high. I wasn't disappointed. Love this car. I'm 6'1 and with the drivers seat in position I jumped into the back and had room. The back isn't as tight as I expected. Nice room in the boot (sorry . . . watching too much UK Top Gear). Car idled very smoothly. Materials may have been a tiny-bit harder than I expected, but realistically speaking they were excellent! Car fit like a glove.

So . . . I'm sold, and will be ordering a Titanium 5-Door later this year. (Wife recently ordered a new Explorer as well. My Mach will be having some new 'family members' soon! LOL!)

It's only been two weeks since I ordered my SEL, so I'm not surprised I haven't heard from my salesman yet. What day does the weekly order report get sent to the dealerships and what is that report called? After about 3 or 4 weeks I'm going to ask him to start checking the report for my order status.

Regardless, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by saying wrong, wrong, wrong. I should have just said according to the Ford website..........

Thank you.

It's only been two weeks since I ordered my SEL, so I'm not surprised I haven't heard from my salesman yet. What day does the weekly order report get sent to the dealerships and what is that report called? After about 3 or 4 weeks I'm going to ask him to start checking the report for my order status.

Usually on Friday is the best bet. It used to be Thursday, but it seems to be safe Friday will show the most accurate update in the system. Currently, they are not scheduling any orders submitted as "retail", nor are they shipping any built units with the MyFord Touch.

Usually on Friday is the best bet. It used to be Thursday, but it seems to be safe Friday will show the most accurate update in the system. Currently, they are not scheduling any orders submitted as "retail", nor are they shipping any built units with the MyFord Touch.

Do you know what the reports is called?

I'm aware of the current delay in scheduling and the MFT issues, any idea when retail order scheduling ceased. Hopefully the salesman submitted my order on 3/8 when I ponied up $1000.

Yikes! I did a build and price on a Focus Titanium today and it listed just over $29K with just about every option on it! I hope that A plan drops it down to about 25-26K...thats some decent $$$ for a small car. Strange thing is that when I did it before it was only like 28K....my 2006 Mustang GT went for the same price as this Focus...I'm not saying its over priced, just a bit more expesive then I thought...breaking the 29K range suprised me...$28k it didn't bother me too much.

Yikes! I did a build and price on a Focus Titanium today and it listed just over $29K with just about every option on it! I hope that A plan drops it down to about 25-26K...thats some decent $$$ for a small car. Strange thing is that when I did it before it was only like 28K....my 2006 Mustang GT went for the same price as this Focus...I'm not saying its over priced, just a bit more expesive then I thought...breaking the 29K range suprised me...$28k it didn't bother me too much.

I love how everyone goes on there and puts every option plus every last accessory on the car and then complains about the price.

Realistically, it's fully loaded about 26-27K without the BS factory invoiced, dealer installed accessories added on.

Most people won't proably even go that far with it, the Titanium starts under 23K and nicely optioned with MyFord touch, keyless start, etc.

• Like 1

I love how everyone goes on there and puts every option plus every last accessory on the car and then complains about the price.

Realistically, it's fully loaded about 26-27K without the BS factory invoiced, dealer installed accessories added on.

Most people won't proably even go that far with it, the Titanium starts under 23K and nicely optioned with MyFord touch, keyless start, etc.

I don't think so...

2012 Focus Titanium Sedan

401A Package

Handling Package

Parking Package

Winter Package

Moon Roof

Exterior protection Package

White Interior Style package

Powercode Remote Start

Nav system with Sirius etc

$29175 without any dealer added crap to it