Chevy shows off next Gen Colorado

Fgts

Interesting......kind of reminds me of a small Honda Ridgeline.

+1

Looks like some type of bed cover is what gives it the "Ridgeline" profile. Probably not standard equipment.

Has GM commited to selling it here? Hopefully they do and this will spur Ford to rethink their (lack of) Ranger plans.

• Like 1

+1

Looks 100X better than a Ridgeline.

BUT without the bed cover it will look really odd as seen here. http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43940-gm-releases-teaser-picture-of-next-chevrolet-colorado/

I think that's just a bad rendering. If you look at the actual photos, the bed is in line horizontally with the rest of the truck.

You mean the one that rather closely resembles the previous Taurus from the front? :stirpot:

That is the single area I believe is slightly flawed in design of the T6, the front clip. Personally, I'd prefer a different grille/headlights/front bumper, but the rest of the shape/form of the body is much more truck like in its style than this Colorado looks to be. Could be the tonneau cover and that horrible item on the back of the cab that is throwing me off. But overall the lines of the Ranger are much more appealing to me.

But of course, I'll hold off on final judgment until I see an actual production version of the Colorado.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/03/first-look-next-generation-chevrolet-colorado-show-truck.html

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/10/first-look-all-new-2011-ford-ranger-t6-global-pickup-truck-debuts.html

• Like 1

I do find it attractive, although the flying buttress looks like the Ridgeline, and the rear windows look like they were lifted from the Tundra, but really, there's only so many ways you can shape that window. It does look a bit more carlike. Might we all see these "vehicles" morph into car platforms in another generation? Maybe Focus based Ranger? I figure if the styling is accepted, they can pull a "BOF to Unibody transformation a'la Explorer" and if customers dont care, or notice its not truely BOF, they'll move on with that plan?

I do find it attractive, although the flying buttress looks like the Ridgeline, and the rear windows look like they were lifted from the Tundra, but really, there's only so many ways you can shape that window. It does look a bit more carlike. Might we all see these "vehicles" morph into car platforms in another generation? Maybe Focus based Ranger? I figure if the styling is accepted, they can pull a "BOF to Unibody transformation a'la Explorer" and if customers dont care, or notice its not truely BOF, they'll move on with that plan?

Looks like Chrysler might answer your question with the next gen Dakota (if it's named that) with a current Caravan based platform. I think it was to debut around MY 13' but i think now it will come in MY14' on a Fiat/Caravan platform.

I took off the cargo cover and it looks odd without it. here's a blow up of the sneak shot.

Yeah, that cab to bed design looks awkward without that cover. then again with it, reminds me more of an El Camino style that a true truck style.

EDIT: I think some of the weirdness of that cab/bed connection, deals with how the Ext. Cab window is raised towards the back.

Looking more at the profile, that crease that slowly rises to the tailgate (bottom of the door), just isn't attractive on a truck.

Edited by V8-X