2012 Escape

ice-capades

Based on everything I read, I was also sure that the new model was suppose to be out this fall using the Kuga. I guess the introduction of the Vertrek concept has changed things.

Because it will be a 2013, it will not be able to be sold until at least Jan. 1st 2012. I would expect it to follow the Focus launch, and wouldn't expect any on the dealers lots until around late Feb.

Damn..........I can't believe they killed tuxedo black fuckers! :(

I was kinda wishin I could get a tux black 2012...

I hope by 'fuckers' you mean the Japanese

it's not Ford's fault they can't keep their fuel rods in their pants ... I mean reactors

1.gif

Damn..........I can't believe they killed tuxedo black fuckers! :(

I was kinda wishin I could get a tux black 2012...

....it's not Ford's fault they^ can't keep their fuel rods in their pants ... I mean reactors

1.gif

it's not Ford's fault they can't keep their fuel rods in their pants ... I mean reactors

1.gif

haha, yeah I had a hunch this was the problem...

As far as a 2011, I'm not ready yet to buy a new car, but I was hoping by 2012 things would be more where I'd like em to be, financially wise.

Attached is a copy of the 2012 Escape Order Guide. It appears that everything is carryover except for Toreador Red Metallic replacing Sangria Red Metallic.

04/13/2011 - 2012MY Order Bank Opens

05/12/2011 - 2012MY Scheduling Begins

06/13/2011 - 2012MY Job #1 Date

Going to buy the 2013 Escape to replace my wifes car(lancer YUCK).

Wonder if the 2.0L ecoboost will be offered?

Any pics available?

Edited by djdcz1

Any pics available?

I'm concerned that the ecoboost won't be offered in an AWD model. I know on the Explorer and I've heard the Edge can only get the eco if you go FWD.

I'm concerned that the ecoboost won't be offered in an AWD model. I know on the Explorer and I've heard the Edge can only get the eco if you go FWD.

That could have something to do with the fact that the EcoBoost is normally paired with a beefer transaxle. The Escape uses the 6F35 and the Taurus uses the 6F50 with the bigger V6. I'm not too familiar with the EcoBoost engine lineup but the largest transaxle or the 6F55 is used in the EcoBoost powered Taurus SHO which is AWD. There might be a size limiting factor for the Escape for now.

• 2 weeks later...

That would ruin my day. Hopefully they can get it done with AWD.

Attached is a copy of the 2012 Escape Order Guide. It appears that everything is carryover except for Toreador Red Metallic replacing Sangria Red Metallic.

04/13/2011 - 2012MY Order Bank Opens

05/12/2011 - 2012MY Scheduling Begins

06/13/2011 - 2012MY Job #1 Date

Will the 2012's be built at KCAP?

Where will the 2013's be built or has that decision even been made yet? I thought I read somewhere (Detroit News?) a few months ago that the replacement Escape would be built somewhere other than KCAP.

Will the 2012's be built at KCAP?

Where will the 2013's be built or has that decision even been made yet? I thought I read somewhere (Detroit News?) a few months ago that the replacement Escape would be built somewhere other than KCAP.

2012's are a carryover model and will be built in Kansas City. 2013 is all new and will be built in Louisville.

More likely the 1.6L EcoBoost, which has already been announced as being available on the Focus ST (remember the 2013 Escape is a Focus with a different "top hat").

I betting there will be NO V6 option !