2012 Escape

ice-capades

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm concerned that the ecoboost won't be offered in an AWD model. I know on the Explorer and I've heard the Edge can only get the eco if you go FWD.

If they are not going to offer a V6 and the EcoBoost 2.0 is the top engine offering they better darn well offer AWD on it. They are going to be losing all sorts of customers to the competition if you have to buy a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder to get AWD.

I love you.

After the transmission experience I've had in my 09 Mariner, which is still not resolved 45k miles later, I won't be buying any more vehicles with automatic transmissions designed after they decided to 'early retire' all the engineers who knew what the hell they were doing and replace them with young idiots.

Edited by Fnord09

All 3 of you who demand manual transmission Escapes at all will likely be disappointed with the next generation.

Not half as disappointed as I am being stuck with an automatic that sucks, or being forced to contemplate buying a non-Ford vehicle.

All 3 of you who demand manual transmission Escapes at all will likely be disappointed with the next generation.

Whatever dude, manual transmissions rock. Why the hell does opting for leather and sync make it impossible for the car to accept a manual transmission?

It's not like the Escape limited 4 cylinder has a super-rocket fuel boosted turbo or the Einstein-Calculated fuel Management System absent from the base escapes that would make them incompatible with the manual transmissions... It's stupid.

Whatever dude, manual transmissions rock. Why the hell does opting for leather and sync make it impossible for the car to accept a manual transmission?

It's not like the Escape limited 4 cylinder has a super-rocket fuel boosted turbo or the Einstein-Calculated fuel Management System absent from the base escapes that would make them incompatible with the manual transmissions... It's stupid.

No, it's smart business. You don't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to engineer, test, certify and build something that only a few people will actually buy.

People buy manual mustangs so they build them. Blame all the other customers who aren't buying manual escapes.

No, it's smart business. You don't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to engineer, test, certify and build something that only a few people will actually buy.

People buy manual mustangs so they build them. Blame all the other customers who aren't buying manual escapes.

What are you stupid? They ALREADY HAVE the damn transmission. It's available in the base package. There's no reason why ford shouldn't at least offer it as a custom order factory option.

All automakers are moving toward more streamlined lineups. It simply saves them money during production. With take rates on the manual transmission in the Escape probably somewhere in the neighborhood of <5%, there is just no justifiable business case to offer them on every trim level, which does nothing but complicate the ordering and assembly processes.

I would be pretty surprised to see one offered on the new model, and if one is offered, it will likely still only be available in the base trims. Why? Because people buying vehicles with manual transmissions (with the exception of sporty vehicles) are usually doing so because of the value, not because of the desire to be driving a manual.

As for not liking manuals, my last car was a manual. I still have my Mustang 5-speed. I would, however, absolutely hate to have a manual in my Edge.

• 3 months later...

Attached is a copy of the 2012 Escape Order Guide. It appears that everything is carryover except for Toreador Red Metallic replacing Sangria Red Metallic.

04/13/2011 - 2012MY Order Bank Opens

05/12/2011 - 2012MY Scheduling Begins

06/13/2011 - 2012MY Job #1 Date

Would you know the last date dealers will be taking orders on a 2012 Escape?

• 3 weeks later...