2012 Focus Order Status

GaryG

Ordered last week in April, have not heard any word of progress yet. Getting kinda worried.

28 of April for my order. But I was told by my dealer, and also confirmed with my companies Ford fleet manager that when custom orders are entered, depending on demand, it takes about 10-14 business days to have a VIN and build date. So we're still within reasonable time there.

Did you get an order confirmation printout from the dealer at all? I got mine, and I have one question on it, tried contacting my dealer twice now, and it's regarding the Priority number. Does anyone know what it means, and what the range of those numbers are? I'd get a little more worried if I find out I'm near the bottom of the priority list...

Nkempf01, what is your priority number? If I remember correctly, 1-9 require someone above the dealer level to enter, 10-19 are retail units (orders such as yours), and 20+ are for dealer stock. I may be off in my ranges by 1, but that should give you the general idea.

Nkempf01, what is your priority number? If I remember correctly, 1-9 require someone above the dealer level to enter, 10-19 are retail units (orders such as yours), and 20+ are for dealer stock. I may be off in my ranges by 1, but that should give you the general idea.

That puts me at ease, my priority number is 11. It's just been 2 weeks exactly to date since I ordered, so I'm not too worried to not have a vin or build date yet.

Thanks for the information! I'll try and wait patiently :reading:

I have received an ETA for my vehicle on the Tracking Request forum. Does anyone know what the ETA means? Is it expected date it reaches the dealer or when it is expected at the end of this leg of transit (in my case, the end of the train ride to Colorado)?

Thanks in advance.

I have received an ETA for my vehicle on the Tracking Request forum. Does anyone know what the ETA means? Is it expected date it reaches the dealer or when it is expected at the end of this leg of transit (in my case, the end of the train ride to Colorado)?

Thanks in advance.

In my case it was arrival at the dealership. My ETA was 5/14 and the car was delivered to the dealer on 5/11.

Ordered last week in April, have not heard any word of progress yet. Getting kinda worried.

I ordered mine January 18th and I still don't have it...ETA was yesterday...I'm hoping it shows up soon. If I was you I'd plan on 8 weeks as a minimum and not really worry before then.

Good grief!!! I'm about to drive up to Michigan and get the thing myself!!!!

Thanks so much for your time.

I know exactly how you feel. I had an ETA of 5/3, and I still don't have my car. I live about an hour-and-a-half from the factory. I'm about to drive over there and tell them to not bill me the $500 or $600 delivery charge. At this point, as far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't have to pay that after waiting this long to receive my car that was built 4/27. I still have no word of when I will see it.

Just an update, I placed my order on the 29th of April, got a VIN today, and build date scheduled for May 30th. I'm hoping end of June will be a reasonable timeframe to expect it, especially considering I'm a state away from where it's being assembled.

I hope this helps anyone that recently placed an order and was concerned about seeming lack of progress! I agree with what someone said earlier, that those who pre-ordered before the release date are experiencing more delays due to a high volume of pre-orders. I've also spoken to another friend today who ordered his about a week before mine, and he has a build date of about 5 days before mine, so it seems like they're producing them smoothly now.

Edited by Nkempf01

I just got an e-mail from my salesman, my car has arrived at the dealership. I will pick it up on Saturday! happy%20feet.gif

I got a call from my salesman today. He said mine is the first 2012 Focus they have installed a remote start on and the tech is having some problems. The tech is coming in on his day off to finish the install. He has to confer with Tech Support for advice. He said it will be ready to pick up later in the day.

Question for someone. I looked up my VIN on Ford ETIS and I get this for a build date:

Build Date: 30.11.0002

Can anyone decipher that? I appreciate it in advance!

That just means that they haven't updated it with the full info. It will show giberish until a few days before your build date.

I got a call from my salesman today. He said mine is the first 2012 Focus they have installed a remote start on and the tech is having some problems. The tech is coming in on his day off to finish the install. He has to confer with Tech Support for advice. He said it will be ready to pick up later in the day.

D'oh! :banghead:

Hi, new to the forum world not sure how to post to the (locator by Ford Employees forum) if someone could post my Vin 1fahp3j2xcl145443 there to see where my Focus is at that would be great. Thanks Ordered Feb 12

Hi, new to the forum world not sure how to post to the (locator by Ford Employees forum) if someone could post my Vin 1fahp3j2xcl145443 there to see where my Focus is at that would be great. Thanks Ordered Feb 12

You need 10 posts to start a thread in the locator forum.

In Transit Received - (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 2P, Cottage Grove, MN

Dealer ETA May-16-2011

I have a question I am hoping someone can help me out with.

I requested tracking on my 2012 Focus Titanium from cyberdman and here is what he wrote back...

In Transit - Received - (Voith Industrial Services Inc ) Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI May-09-2011, 05:51 ET .

Anyone know what that means? Voith Industrial Services that is. Are they a transport company or something?

A big thank you to cyberdman for answering me back so quickly. The service you offer to everyone on your own time is greatly appreciated. :)

I have a question I am hoping someone can help me out with.

I requested tracking on my 2012 Focus Titanium from cyberdman and here is what he wrote back...

In Transit - Received - (Voith Industrial Services Inc ) Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI May-09-2011, 05:51 ET .

Anyone know what that means? Voith Industrial Services that is. Are they a transport company or something?

A big thank you to cyberdman for answering me back so quickly. The service you offer to everyone on your own time is greatly appreciated. :)

My guess would be thats a storage lot there, waiting for shipment.

With a little help from my friend Google, Voith has both storage facilities for automotive manufacturers and also has some rail affiliations, but seems to be their rail work is primarily servicing and producing rail cars, not operating them.

It just says your car is awaiting shipment at the plant. The ETA hasn't changed. It still says the ETA was the 3rd.

Pioneer, could you run that check again for my VIN, please? It's 1FAHP3N29CL145329. I'm just about going out of my mind waiting for this car. I don't understand why it's taking so long when it was built April 27. I live only about an hour-and-a-half away from the factory. I can't imagine why it wouldn't have made it to the dealer by now.