570hp Fix It Again Tommarro/dodge 570hp TUGBOATS!

Am I to understand that if you buy this option the dealer will pull the motor and trans, replace the trans and install the blower? I sure hope they have well trained guys at the dealerships if so, thats a major job and I wouldn't want that done on a brand new car by someone just out of tech school.

Yeah, because a V8 sedan is the only way to make money.

Hmmm, Ford makes 2.4 bil, Chrysler loses bunches. Seems like Ford has the better plan...

Seems a little short sighted on your part. Nobody says Ford has to invest heavily in a V8 RWD, or make it their flagship vehicle. But Ford is missing a prime oppourtunity to gain buyers by offering the same as their competitors. And it's not just Ford, it's Lincoln as well. Tell me, do you think the Charger/300 or the CTS would have as many sales if Ford had a choice in that market? Ford could also take sales from the Germans. Not having a vehicle in that segment is hurting Ford.

• Like 2

You know what I meant. Ford is not even in the segment, therefore they are losing potential customers. Stop playing editing games, and stay on topic.

No, I don't know what you meant. I could assume, something, but I'm not playing editing games, I am staying on topic. Try to write coherently, and use a helmet. Capice?

You want a RWD sedan, buy a 300 and knock yourself out — get the biggest pushrod iron-block Hemi you can. :hysterical:

It appears that Ford wants an AWD approach to Lincoln. As the W-12 Audi A8 shows, AWD for high-power luxo sedans is the way to go, which is why M-B 'S' class also offer AWD.

Seems a little short sighted on your part. Nobody says Ford has to invest heavily in a V8 RWD, or make it their flagship vehicle. But Ford is missing a prime oppourtunity to gain buyers by offering the same as their competitors. And it's not just Ford, it's Lincoln as well. Tell me, do you think the Charger/300 or the CTS would have as many sales if Ford had a choice in that market? Ford could also take sales from the Germans. Not having a vehicle in that segment is hurting Ford.

No short-sighted at all. How do you know Ford could gain buyers (enough to pay for the cost of a new platform) with a V8 RWD? How do you know Ford isn't investing in a RWD V8 sedan now?

Really, Ford put their money, what little they had, where they thought they would get the best ROI. It's not just about getting a few more sales, it's about making money. I'm guessing the D3/4 bring in much more $$$ in profit than a V8 RWD sedan would have. Judging by the financial results comparing Ford to Chrysler, Ford made the right choice.

Would it be nice to have a V8 RWD sedan? Sure? Is it in Ford's best interest? Maybe. Would it have been more sensible to do that than put their money into what they did? Absoltely not, because they wouldn't have the Explorer/Taurus and whatever else they would have had to sacrifice to get it.

• Like 1

No, I don't know what you meant. I could assume, something, but I'm not playing editing games, I am staying on topic. Try to write coherently, and use a helmet. Capice?

You want a RWD sedan, buy a 300 and knock yourself out — get the biggest pushrod iron-block Hemi you can. :hysterical:

It appears that Ford wants an AWD approach to Lincoln. As the W-12 Audi A8 shows, AWD for high-power luxo sedans is the way to go, which is why M-B 'S' class also offer AWD.

Yeah, and Chrysler offers the 300 with AWD, what's your point? A RWD chassis can be fitted with an AWD system just as easily as a FWD chassis can. Then you still get the benefit of RWD dynamics and proportions with the security of AWD.

• Like 2

Yeah, and Chrysler offers the 300 with AWD, what's your point? A RWD chassis can be fitted with an AWD system just as easily as a FWD chassis can. Then you still get the benefit of RWD dynamics and proportions with the security of AWD.

You might be right. Will the MKS stay with a sideways powertrain? Will the Falcon/Mustang platforms be a starting point for some Lincoln? Ford has the creativity to do this, but with their security, it might be a couple of years before we see anything. :)

doh.gif :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats funny is the old iron V8 RWD Charger and Ford Crown Vic get only 1 (ONE) less MPG than the latest, greatest Taurus SHO. Ok 2 MPG if you check the Charger's AWD option box.

And for maximum MPG the standard V6 Charger gets the exact same MPG rating as the standard Taurus.

The EPA doesnt have the 2012 Chargers ratings up yet but they should be even better.

• Like 1

Whats funny is the old iron V8 RWD Charger and Ford Crown Vic get only 1 (ONE) less MPG than the latest, greatest Taurus SHO. Ok 2 MPG if you check the Charger's AWD option box.

And for maximum MPG the standard V6 Charger gets the exact same MPG rating as the standard Taurus.

The EPA doesnt have the 2012 Chargers ratings up yet but they should be even better.

A noted above, the 2012 V6 Charger will be good for 31mpg highway (the ones that make up the majority of sales).

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1063955_2012-chrysler-300-charger-v-6-models-get-31-mpg-with-8-speed-marchionne

The percentage of RWD Chrysler cars sold that are actually somewhat thirsty (14/23 on the new SRT8 392 Challenger....same as the Mustang GT500) are sold in such a small percentages, they have little to no effect on CAFE.

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

Umm.. Audi discontinued the W-12 version of the A8 and Mercedes only offers AWD on the S550. All other S-Classes are RWD only.

Apples to Oranges....SHO=AWD

Some more food for thought:

2011 Taurus FWD:

18/28

2011 Charger 3.6L

18/27

Plus thats not accounting for any improvements in the 2013 Taurus...including the Ecboost I4 that should put the Taurus at 31+ Highway.

Apples to Oranges....SHO=AWD

Some more food for thought:

2011 Taurus FWD:

18/28

2011 Charger 3.6L

18/27

Plus thats not accounting for any improvements in the 2013 Taurus...including the Ecboost I4 that should put the Taurus at 31+ Highway.

Hardly apples to oranges when I listed both the Charger RWD and AWD numbers. You see with the Charger customer gets the choice of RWD (like most performance cars BMW/Mercedes the original '60s big-block Chargers etc to name a few) or AWD. The standard Taurus FWD can not handle higher power levels like the EcoBoost so Ford is forced to use AWD only for the SHO.

Also regarding the standard V6 cars;

Standard Charger V6 = 292 HP

Standard Taurus V6 = 263 HP

Edited by F250

Only one S-Class gets AWD (the S550). Smaller or larger engine, forget it.

Besides, the S-Class (and 7 Series) offer it only for traction. Audi offers it because no one thinks a FWD 12-cylinder car is a good idea.