Voting

fordd

CAP voted today, I dont want to spread rumors, but the buzz is the majority is not happy with the contract.

So I walk in to vote today and another fellow worker is asking the IUAW rep some questions. I over hear him asking a question about how did the union agree to a worker with 29 years gets 6k signing bonus and a worker with 3 days gets 5k signing bonus, his response was and I quote.... Thats what Ford wanted not the Union, What, his response was so what your telling me is ,what is in the highlight package is what Ford wants, I thought this is what our Union negotiated for us. He then started, thats the offer they wanted to make. WOW Then they got on the topic about profit sharing and he asked, Why would I want there to be a cap on profit sharing and he stated, I quote, Ford is only willing to share some profits not all. Then the last topic, get ready for the best one, He asked the IUAW rep, if the contract gets voted down, how does the union go back to the table to negiotiate. How does the union know what items the membership is specifically not happy with? He then stated, We meaning the IUAW no what the membership wants, they want COLA AND RAISES and all the things they previously gave up, but Ford was not willing to give anything back in this offer. After overhearing this conversation it sure sounds like Ford said to our union, put this offer on the table and see if they take it. The gentleman from the IUAW was doing his best to answer all the questions, but he did not even sound like he believed this is a good contract. He stated several times this is FORD'S offer. What a joke, Sure made my decision easy.

• Like 2

So I walk in to vote today and another fellow worker is asking the IUAW rep some questions. I over hear him asking a question about how did the union agree to a worker with 29 years gets 6k signing bonus and a worker with 3 days gets 5k signing bonus, his response was and I quote.... Thats what Ford wanted not the Union, What, his response was so what your telling me is ,what is in the highlight package is what Ford wants, I thought this is what our Union negotiated for us. He then started, thats the offer they wanted to make. WOW Then they got on the topic about profit sharing and he asked, Why would I want there to be a cap on profit sharing and he stated, I quote, Ford is only willing to share some profits not all. Then the last topic, get ready for the best one, He asked the IUAW rep, if the contract gets voted down, how does the union go back to the table to negiotiate. How does the union know what items the membership is specifically not happy with? He then stated, We meaning the IUAW no what the membership wants, they want COLA AND RAISES and all the things they previously gave up, but Ford was not willing to give anything back in this offer. After overhearing this conversation it sure sounds like Ford said to our union, put this offer on the table and see if they take it. The gentleman from the IUAW was doing his best to answer all the questions, but he did not even sound like he believed this is a good contract. He stated several times this is FORD'S offer. What a joke, Sure made my decision easy.

this is why im voting nooooo

• Like 1

That's why I voted "NO".

• Like 2

03' registration and you made 355 posts. yea buddy sure.. company yes pusher here people, another made up user account here at the BOF.

They must know the contract is going to fail. they are desprete, our plant voted it down yesterday.

Wait for it. Boy are u way off with your 11 posts...

Wow I voted this morning YES YES YES. I like this contract you can't expect the company to give everything back the country is almost in a depression!!!!!!

I think this is the first contract that ford has not take anything from us!! Alot of people from Sterling is vote YES.

I work A crew and when I voted Monday morning.....I think I was the only one votin no at the time...alot of yes votin going on!

“The company is not obligated to continue bargaining because their position is that they negotiated in good faith and presented an agreement which is more than competitive,” the UAW Ford Department post said. “If we strike, they will use whatever resources necessary to continue operating their plants including the use of scab labor.”

ALSO WHY GIVE SOMEONE WITH 3 MONTHS THE MONEY,AND NOT A LAID OFF EMPLOYEE WITH 10 YEARS!

Then dont start any rumors. We know how easily CAP rolls over.

Lets remember my entry.

CAP voted today, I dont want to spread rumors, but the buzz is the majority is not happy with the contract.

Now lets remember your entry. :blah:

Then dont start any rumors. We know how easily CAP rolls over

Waldo, It may be time to eat your words. :happy feet:

CAP

1778 NO

539 YES