UAW INT USING SCARE TACTICS???

HAD ENOUGH?

There are some pretty solid rumors out there that the UAW INT is not very happy with us. So they are resulting to scare tactics and intimidation to get workers to vote the way they want. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS! DO NOT LET THEM SAY TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT THE 2ND TIME AROUND EITHER. Last time I checked the UAW was born on the principal of democracy, to allow members the right to be heard. Why is it that when we speak we are told to keep quiet? Former leaders would be, and probably are embarrassed in the new direction of the UAW.

They are allowing ACH workers to vote on this contract. VP Jimmy Settles has been traveling around calling people unintelligent who vote no on this contract. There is also a strong rumor that the UAW INT is saying that if we vote no on this BS agreement there going to teach us a lesson and make us go on strike. THIS IS A WHIPSAWING TECHNIQUE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE PREACHED AGAINST THAT YOUR USING AGAINST US NOW.

I feel like I’m in the majority where I can say the company and us don’t want this to happen. What I believe is being questioned is how hard did the UAW INT work to get a good deal. No contract talk break offs and no tension between the union and the company. We have been low-balled brothers and sisters.

SO UAW INT I’M CALLING YOUR BLUFF! AFTER THIS GETS VOTED DOWN YOU GET YOUR BUTTS BACK TO THE TABLE AND BARGAIN IN GOOD FAITH, BECAUSE THAT IS YOUR JOB! IF YOU WORKED HALF AS HARD ON THIS CONTRACT AS YOU DID YELLING AND BADGERING MEMBERS WHO DON’T LIKE THIS AGREEMENT WE WOULD BE VOTING YES! AGAIN NOT ONCE DID YOU SHOW YOU WERE STRONGARMING THE COMPANY BY THREATENING THEM WITH A STRIKE. INSTEAD YOU EXTENDED THE AGREEMENT SO YOU COULD GET POUNDED BY THE COMPANY. OF COURSE THE COMPANY IS HAPPY WITH THIS. WE DIDN’T GET ANYTHING BACK.

So if they don’t want to bargain in good faith and quote want to teach us a lesson. I encourage members to visit this site to learn a little more about unions. Discontinuing VCAP is a good way to be heard to. Welcome to social media. All INT members should be elected and if they were this wouldn’t be happening.

http://www.unionfacts.com/union-member-resources/how-to-decertify-your-union

• Like 4

There are some pretty solid rumors out there that the UAW INT is not very happy with us. So they are resulting to scare tactics and intimidation to get workers to vote the way they want. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS! DO NOT LET THEM SAY TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT THE 2ND TIME AROUND EITHER. Last time I checked the UAW was born on the principal of democracy, to allow members the right to be heard. Why is it that when we speak we are told to keep quiet? Former leaders would be, and probably are embarrassed in the new direction of the UAW.

They are allowing ACH workers to vote on this contract. VP Jimmy Settles has been traveling around calling people unintelligent who vote no on this contract. There is also a strong rumor that the UAW INT is saying that if we vote no on this BS agreement there going to teach us a lesson and make us go on strike. THIS IS A WHIPSAWING TECHNIQUE THAT YOU GUYS HAVE PREACHED AGAINST THAT YOUR USING AGAINST US NOW.

I feel like I’m in the majority where I can say the company and us don’t want this to happen. What I believe is being questioned is how hard did the UAW INT work to get a good deal. No contract talk break offs and no tension between the union and the company. We have been low-balled brothers and sisters.

SO UAW INT I’M CALLING YOUR BLUFF! AFTER THIS GETS VOTED DOWN YOU GET YOUR BUTTS BACK TO THE TABLE AND BARGAIN IN GOOD FAITH, BECAUSE THAT IS YOUR JOB! IF YOU WORKED HALF AS HARD ON THIS CONTRACT AS YOU DID YELLING AND BADGERING MEMBERS WHO DON’T LIKE THIS AGREEMENT WE WOULD BE VOTING YES! AGAIN NOT ONCE DID YOU SHOW YOU WERE STRONGARMING THE COMPANY BY THREATENING THEM WITH A STRIKE. INSTEAD YOU EXTENDED THE AGREEMENT SO YOU COULD GET POUNDED BY THE COMPANY. OF COURSE THE COMPANY IS HAPPY WITH THIS. WE DIDN’T GET ANYTHING BACK.

So if they don’t want to bargain in good faith and quote want to teach us a lesson. I encourage members to visit this site to learn a little more about unions. Discontinuing VCAP is a good way to be heard to. Welcome to social media. All INT members should be elected and if they were this wouldn’t be happening.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE UAW? THEY ARE NOT FOR IT'S MEMBERSHIP THEY ARE NOW A BUSINESS....WTF

• Like 4

Amen Brother!!! heard that local bargaining committee was on the shop floor spreading lies telling members that if it fails to pass this contract we automatically go out on strike!

NO MORE BS!! lets send them back to the table!!

• Like 6

I think with the internet and social media being as strong as it is, there can be no more shenanigans by our trusted leaders. Leaders that are not doing their jobs and looking out for our best interest. We proved that we had a voice in 2007 and so now we can prove it again. Garry W. is right in what he says, no more give backs, call their bluff then walk out the door with a bigger bag in your hands.

This I UAW has contract after contract gotten us mediocre deals just barely getting something to get a yes vote, while every contract we give stuff up or someone gets screwed along the line. Well no more will this happen. You 2nd tier people, I'm even voting no on this because my friends that work a long side of me have made sense when they tell me we need to look out for our future. If the future of the 2nd tier could mean being brought up to top pay scale, then I have to protect that future. I don't see what's in front of me $3700 bucks, I'm looking down the road to see a larger piece of the pie.

Also Fair profit sharing across the board with no caps is a major thing for me. I think the company will always make a profit while I'm alive anyway, and so while I don't mind giving up my COLA forever, I think the profit sharing if it's fair with no caps will make up for that money.

I'm still voting no on this deal, even if they bring back 10k up front.. it's a NO VOTE

• Like 2

I dont think they are using scare tactics, I believe they are being honest and transparent that a no vote in a national agreement has some serious consequences that could hurt some if not most of the membership

Voter beware of a no vote brings with it serious complications that could spiral out of control

Right now everything is controlled to get the most pay and job security in this agreement, voting it down is suicidal

• Like 7

Well said my brother. I agree Vote NO!

• Like 1

Amen Brother!!! heard that local bargaining committee was on the shop floor spreading lies telling members that if it fails to pass this contract we automatically go out on strike!

NO MORE BS!! lets send them back to the table!!

Sorry Champ you dead wrong and your local leadership knows it. Read the press reports Settles is telling everyone himself, they will go back to the table ONCE WE ARE ON STRIKE. I don't give a damn if you vote yes or no, but don't be on here spreading crap you know nothing about or just want to stir crap. Some people still get on this to learn the truth. :idea:

• Like 3

Sorry Champ you dead wrong and your local leadership knows it. Read the press reports Settles is telling everyone himself, they will go back to the table ONCE WE ARE ON STRIKE. I don't give a damn if you vote yes or no, but don't be on here spreading crap you know nothing about or just want to stir crap. Some people still get on this to learn the truth. :idea:

link to press report of settles saying he wont negotiate further until we are on strike please?

• Like 2

I dont think they are using scare tactics, I believe they are being honest and transparent that a no vote in a national agreement has some serious consequences that could hurt some if not most of the membership

Voter beware of a no vote brings with it serious complications that could spiral out of control

Right now everything is controlled to get the most pay and job security in this agreement, voting it down is suicidal

Reaper,

Have you ever in your time as a UAW member heard of a LRO Department in a plant, print up a letter stating why the members should ratify an agreement. Listing the $10,002.00 reasons? (weird)

Have you received the text that stated "vote the contract down and CAP will be on strike in 8 days"? (scaring who?)

Have you ever had an E- board (all but 2 members, one for and one against) that during a negotiation would not engage with their membership on any level of dialogue, for or against? (who is intimated?)

Have you ever heard of a Mayor of a city (Rohm) call a local President and suggest that his members should past the agreement? (strange) Because he needs police cars? (possible) Then gave the President his cell number so he could be reached tonight about 2am when the results were in. (really weird).. (a pick up line, ???)

As hard as the push is, I believe the IUAW has started there own vote no campaign. I mean all but, a physical confrontation in a local union hall, between a member and IUAW Rep. Answering questions, then look at each other, talk amoung themselves and then re answering with even more confusing answers.

I posted a venting post a day or so back and I`ll say one thing again, these guys "CAN`T SELL ICE TO SOULS IN HELL".....

Good or Bad, the agreement is know secondary to the point that every member is seeing very clear, "VOTE YES" or either your not intelligent or the ice cold hand will be on your shoulder and you`ll hear the deep voice say "BE CAREFUL YOUNG BROTHER"....

Completely Impressed with the Transparency and Professionalism...... and the warning to beware. The suicidal reference is really a good touch. OH, I get it GRIM REAPER, your suppose to be scair eeeee.....

Decker

Reaper,

Have you ever in your time as a UAW member heard of a LRO Department in a plant, print up a letter stating why the members should ratify an agreement. Listing the $10,002.00 reasons? (weird)

Have you received the text that stated "vote the contract down and CAP will be on strike in 8 days"? (scaring who?)

Have you ever had an E- board (all but 2 members, one for and one against) that during a negotiation would not engage with their membership on any level of dialogue, for or against? (who is intimated?)

Have you ever heard of a Mayor of a city (Rohm) call a local President and suggest that his members should past the agreement? (strange) Because he needs police cars? (possible) Then gave the President his cell number so he could be reached tonight about 2am when the results were in. (really weird).. (a pick up line, ???)

As hard as the push is, I believe the IUAW has started there own vote no campaign. I mean all but, a physical confrontation in a local union hall, between a member and IUAW Rep. Answering questions, then look at each other, talk amoung themselves and then re answering with even more confusing answers.

I posted a venting post a day or so back and I`ll say one thing again, these guys "CAN`T SELL ICE TO SOULS IN HELL".....

Good or Bad, the agreement is know secondary to the point that every member is seeing very clear, "VOTE YES" or either your not intelligent or the ice cold hand will be on your shoulder and you`ll hear the deep voice say "BE CAREFUL YOUNG BROTHER"....

Completely Impressed with the Transparency and Professionalism...... and the warning to beware. The suicidal reference is really a good touch. OH, I get it GRIM REAPER, your suppose to be scair eeeee.....

Decker

GOOD POST

Yah, The mayor has signs along Torrence and 130th St, saying that he is working for the improvment of the city, with all the Construction improvments around the Plant, to bad that was all negotiated 4 years ago by Mayor Daily. What a joke.The media should be calling him out.

I also agree the Rep at the hall was a joke.

I also seen the local union walking the floor, I guess it talkes a contract to get them out on the floor??????????

Im sure you remember the last Chairman, sealed his fate, by trying to push the concessions from the IUAW, WHEN THE MEMBERSHIP SAID NO

• Like 1

Way to post a link to a fucking union-busting website at the bottom of your post. WTF? I understand that people are upset about parts of this agreement, and I don't think it's a gem. But I also don't think it's a polished turd. We can agree to disagree. Personally, I voted yes and I'm not ashamed to say it.

What I don't understand is how people believe this dude who is posting a link to a website dedicated to breaking up unions. I support our democratic process, and I'll abide by the decision of the MEMBERSHIP but not this company troll who is trying to get us infighting and weaken our solidarity. Probably hopes we will decertify the union so he can give us Chrysler's shitty contract with a $1750 guaranteed bonus and NO cap on 2-tier. To HAD ENOUGH? COMPANY TROLL I SAY THIS: KISS MY FAT, SWEATY, HAIRY ASS YOU UNION BUSTING COCKSUCKER.

Way to post a link to a fucking union-busting website at the bottom of your post. WTF? I understand that people are upset about parts of this agreement, and I don't think it's a gem. But I also don't think it's a polished turd. We can agree to disagree. Personally, I voted yes and I'm not ashamed to say it.

What I don't understand is how people believe this dude who is posting a link to a website dedicated to breaking up unions. I support our democratic process, and I'll abide by the decision of the MEMBERSHIP but not this company troll who is trying to get us infighting and weaken our solidarity. Probably hopes we will decertify the union so he can give us Chrysler's shitty contract with a $1750 guaranteed bonus and NO cap on 2-tier. To HAD ENOUGH? COMPANY TROLL I SAY THIS: KISS MY FAT, SWEATY, HAIRY ASS YOU UNION BUSTING COCKSUCKER.

This is my opinion. Vote the way u want pussy. Dont cry later when were getting fucked over the next four years. The union is weak and there showing it . They dont care about you and me. They want to control and sway not represent.Get that thru your head you trashy piece of garbage. Your probably the scum that dont show up for work and is on medical all the time. You go out n drink beer n pop pills all day on breaks. Your probably excited about the unlimited $20 doctor visits. I once believed in the union back in the day. Now it is nothing more than a mafia that protects its own up top and worthless lazy assholes who dont want to work. By the way go look at the numbers apparently 50% of ford workers thinks this is BS to. Wait til the DTP vote comes in. Last time i checked we are all fighting against each other. Its not one for all and all for one.The more the leadership roles on us the more it shows how out of touch they are with the membership. Go put your kneepads on and wait for the International UAW to walk by and blow them good. I'm sure in a few months you will be on here crying and complaining about the contract.

Dont bother replying because your comments mean nothing. I could care. I get the last word. I got more time in the shitter than you have years in. Keep looking up loser!

This contract gets voted down and we will strike.If for no other reason than Ford needs to show Wall Street that they are not going back to business as usual.Come two weeks before Christmas Ford may sweeten the pot,just enough,to get passage however after that Ford may not make the investments in the USA and instead seek out a more favorable business climate.Meantime the public suffering from chronic high unemployment will be against us,the media sure will be.Think of all the customers who will buy GM and Chrysler while we holler at each other.I was whipsawed at Local 36.Let me tell you something,Ford Motor can be very nasty to its employees when it wants to.

• Like 1

Good post, looks like more and more are thinking the same thing.

This is my opinion. Vote the way u want pussy. Dont cry later when were getting fucked over the next four years. The union is weak and there showing it . They dont care about you and me. They want to control and sway not represent.Get that thru your head you trashy piece of garbage. Your probably the scum that dont show up for work and is on medical all the time. You go out n drink beer n pop pills all day on breaks. Your probably excited about the unlimited $20 doctor visits. I once believed in the union back in the day. Now it is nothing more than a mafia that protects its own up top and worthless lazy assholes who dont want to work. By the way go look at the numbers apparently 50% of ford workers thinks this is BS to. Wait til the DTP vote comes in. Last time i checked we are all fighting against each other. Its not one for all and all for one.The more the leadership roles on us the more it shows how out of touch they are with the membership. Go put your kneepads on and wait for the International UAW to walk by and blow them good. I'm sure in a few months you will be on here crying and complaining about the contract.

Dont bother replying because your comments mean nothing. I could care. I get the last word. I got more time in the shitter than you have years in. Keep looking up loser!

Most of the NO voters will approve for a couple of thousand more. How will that help us from getting fucked over for the next four years?

Edited by sez

Ford and the iuaw do not want and will not allow a strike.

Face it,we are in their eyes, all pawns to them.

Ford and the iuaw have been spewing this working together bullshit for years for their own personal gain.

If voted down it will send a message that we are not to be taken for granted.

I will proudly vote no and whatever the outcome I will have no regrets.

To many people are hung up on the $ amount. There are bigger fish to fry.

1. Real job security, not open ended promises that may or may not come true.

2. Fair treatment of employee's. Temps that have been on the books for 10 years, shame on you UAW!

3. Investments that create real jobs, not just shuffling the numbers.

4. Protection of skilled Trades jobs, stop the combining of trades and reduction of classifications.

5. Bring back the ILO'd, displaced Trades working production, we have jumped through your hoops, bring us back.

6. Reinstate the stolen break time, with tag relief, why not.

7. Solid language that can only mean what it says.

Here are just a few things, I didnt mention COLA, Raises, Equity of sacrifice grievance, or signing bonus.

If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything!! If you dont fight for what you want today, you will beg tomorrow!!

To many people are hung up on the $ amount. There are bigger fish to fry.

1. Real job security, not open ended promises that may or may not come true.

2. Fair treatment of employee's. Two Tier must end, Temps that have been on the books for 10 years, shame on you UAW!

3. Investments that create real jobs, not just shuffling the numbers.

4. Protection of skilled Trades jobs, stop the combining of trades and reduction of classifications.

5. Bring back the ILO'd, displaced Trades working production, we have jumped through your hoops, bring us back.

6. Reinstate the stolen break time, with tag relief, why not.

7. Solid language that can only mean what it says.

Here are just a few things, I didnt mention COLA, Raises, Equity of sacrifice grievance, or signing bonus.

If you dont stand for something you will fall for anything!! Fight for what you want today, or you will beg tomorrow.

Ford and the iuaw do not want and will not allow a strike.

Face it,we are in their eyes, all pawns to them.

Ford and the iuaw have been spewing this working together bullshit for years for their own personal gain.

If voted down it will send a message that we are not to be taken for granted.

I will proudly vote no and whatever the outcome I will have no regrets.

In the eyes of the rest of the world we get way too much money already and we are like little bitches that are never going to be happy unless we get what we want. I will admit that I am overpayed compared to the rest of the workers that do manuel,mostly unskilled labor and I am very happy indeed to have been an overpayed "pawn" all these years. They can take me for granted because they know that I will not leave them for a higher paying job down the street because there are fucking none that even come close to what they give me and thousands would love to have my job if I did decide to leave( if I hit the lottery or something fantastical). If you still have not voted do not let the big mouth risk takers sway you. This deal is not worth going on strike over. The NO voters can not guarantee that the company will give more or likewise less. It is just not worth the risk at this time to say" FUCK YOU MASTER!". Read the agreement for yourself and help the plants that need product VOTE YES please if you still can.